Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by MGODLEW
I'd like to suggest 2 things for chat. An alert for when someone directs a message towards you, for example if someone were to type (@MGODLEW: can you assist with this edit?) or click on their username in the chat window and it would direct a message to them, then they would receive an alert. It would also be nice if you can choose whether the message can be viewed publicly in the room or only peer to peer. The locate icon can still remain where it is and would allow to see where that editor is editing. Secondly, I would like the ability to group editors in chat by the State/Region they are editing in.

Also, it'd be nice to see in the chat area when a person has joined/exited the room so I am not answering questions or trying to talk to someone who has left the room..lol
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Last edited by MGODLEW on Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“

Post by MGODLEW
I have a new suggestion for Chat, I would like to see chat always open while I am editing so I can glace over and respond to a message if need be. You can still fully edit the map without the chat window getting in the way but yet see all messages in the chat as well. When you click on a segment, the chat window would still remain in place however segment details would be available on top of it (you would have to scroll down to see the chat again), then it would move back up within view after you no longer have any segments selected. Here is a concept idea that I think would work and look great, it makes use of the white space on the left side below your editing level & points.

http://i40.tinypic.com/14xpe2r.jpg
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Last edited by MGODLEW on Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by MGODLEW
I'd like to suggest 2 things for chat. An alert for when someone directs a message towards you, for example if someone were to type (@MGODLEW: can you assist with this edit?) or click on their username in the chat window and it would direct a message to them, then they would receive an alert. It would also be nice if you can choose whether the message can be viewed publicly in the room or only peer to peer. The locate icon can still remain where it is and would allow to see where that editor is editing. Secondly, I would like the ability to group editors in chat by the State/Region they are editing in.

Also, it'd be nice to see in the chat area when a person has joined/exited the room so I am not answering questions or trying to talk to someone who has left the room..lol

It appears this topic has been posted in multiple places, here is the LINK to the other thread.
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Last edited by MGODLEW on Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by MGODLEW
I have a new suggestion for Chat, I would like to see chat always open while I am editing so I can glace over and respond to a message if need be. You can still fully edit the map without the chat window getting in the way but yet see all messages in the chat as well. When you click on a segment, the chat window would still remain in place however segment details would be available on top of it (you would have to scroll down to see the chat again), then it would move back up within view after you no longer have any segments selected. Here is a concept idea that I think would work and look great, it makes use of the white space on the left side below your editing level & points.

http://i40.tinypic.com/14xpe2r.jpg
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by MGODLEW
orbitc wrote:I PM'ed @Alanoftheberg regarding this.
Generally, I don't cross post but because this was posted in 2 separate threads I wanted to make sure a potentially good idea wasn't missed or overlooked. :)
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by MGODLEW
Better yet, perhaps some incorporation into an External Chat Client like Pidgin (open source)? Not sure about public Chat rooms but I know it should allow for Direct Instant Messages www.pidgin.in Or since Waze's parent company is Google, perhaps incorporation into Google Hangouts?
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by MGODLEW
Duplicate Posts caused by merged topics
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Last edited by MGODLEW on Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by MGODLEW
DwarfLord wrote:The location of an editor's hard-hat icon/avatar -- is it based on what the editor is viewing or what the editor last edited?
It's where they are viewing, not necessarily actively editing..
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by MGODLEW
juan_andres_perez wrote:I´ll like to know how to get to 10k edits or more.
In accordance with the Forum Rules please search before posting as this is not a post regarding points. Details for how best to search this forum are covered in this sticky note at the top of this forum. Otherwise, SEE: https://www.waze.com/wiki/Points
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Mynios
daxigua wrote:I am here because the chat box is simply a big pain.

It is a pain because to be able to do any useful editing I am forced to refresh the page [very often] using the permalink thingy.

Every single time I must close that new chat box!

Please, please find some other place for it, where it 'goes away or can be hidden' perhaps with 'full screen toggle'?

Daxigua
You just have to work with a second browser tab. ;) This works fine for me.
Mynios
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message