Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by BellHouse
OK, I see. But the constellation I see in StreetView is not a roundabout, but a major road with 2 half-circle extensions. There's no roundabout sign to be seen.

I think the solution is to simply remove the roundabout status of these segments.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
ctpoole wrote: If I put in a node I eliminate the same segment warning but in its place I get an unneeded node warning.
This used to be a problem, but in the current Validator version this should not happen any more (the unneeded node warning).
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
I can confirm this is caused by a compatibility issue with Toolbox (since its latest update). I will try to push an update of Toolbox.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
Toolbox 1.4.6.2 is released, which should fix the compatibility issue with the Validator scan function.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
crazycaveman wrote:Would it be possible to add a check for service roads in the USA? They have been deprecated and aren't to be used. Having them be highlighted (even if it's just as a note) would make it easier to remove them.
You can achieve that with the following custom check:

Custom template: ${typeRank}
Custom regexp: 9
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
Olestas wrote:Can I have custom check for parking lot roads without street name?
Template: ${typeRank}:${street}
RegExp: ^7:$
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
fishmech wrote:Is it possible to have a check added to the main script for one-way roads that have either no way to get in to them, or no way to get out? While going over many areas, there's a lot of people who seem to have left newly created roads as one way only, and it always ends up causing routing problems.
These checks used to be there (#44 and #45), but I think they are temporarily disabled because an update in the Waze API broke the respective code pieces. We all hope they will soon come back.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
HavanaDay wrote:I have issue with validator in regards to the latest beta editor (1.6-395).

If validator is "on" you can not cut a segment the old school way (Junction a new road to an existing segment). The edit count does not increment nor can it be saved. Other segments around it can not be selected after this as well.

With validator turned "off" it will work as expected. Also, you cannot select other segments once this cut non-cut is executed.
Works fine for me with the current 1.6-398.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
nogetandet wrote:The editor hangs after save. You can open a new editor at the same place, and the edits are present. It seems like the editor don't get the "saved accept", so it unlock user input.

I can reproduce the problem, with only Validator enabled (create a new road connected to another new (saved) road).

Anyone, that also can confirm this ?
Good find! Yes, I can reproduce this (same configuration). Interestingly, I cannot reproduce it on beta WME.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
taco909 wrote:
berestovskyy wrote:06.01.2015 v1.1.5:
- Temporary disabled #36, 37 (Unneded node A/B)
????

Is this because of the false reports on normal segments, or is there some other reason for that?
I find these all the time when new editors have decided that their new PLR perhaps wasn't the best idea.
I guess so. If I now enable these checks there are a lot more false positives than before.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message