Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by chriscompo
My friend had Waze on a windows phone and I must say I couldn't work it. It was very awful not sure if it was Waze or windows phone's fault. But on Android and iOS it is awesome.. Aft seeing Waze on a windows phone I felt for you guys a lot. I can only hope it gets better for you. Or you change your phone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
chriscompo
Send a message

Post by ChrSar
Same here. Droid Razor Max HD. Tried to uninstall and reinstall, but Google play won't let me do the reinstall (it says that it's already installed). Ugg.
ChrSar
Send a message

Post by ChrSar
Same thing here on a Motorola Droid Razor Max HD.

I THEN made the mistake of trying to reinstall, deleting the app and the associated Waze folder, but Google Play won't let me reinstall because (it says) it's "Installed". So... I appear to be totally screwed now, unless somebody knows a work-around.
ChrSar
Send a message

Post by Ciannait
Have Waze installed on a Lumia 1020 and noticed a bug with navigation prompts. I accidentally selected a Spanish language navigation voice, and since I don't speak Spanish I switched back to English. This worked, mostly, except there's a bug now. When the navigation alert is coming up for a turn half-a-mile to a mile off (when it is NOT alerting the specifics of the street name, etc), it says, "In half a mile, *something in Spanish*" (where *something in Spanish* is where it used to say, "keep left" or "make a left"). When approaching the actual street the behavior is as expected. ("In 500 feet, take a left onto Avondale Road." Or whatever.)
Ciannait
Send a message

Post by Ciannait
Chris-Maes wrote:Firstly, I want to thank Waze for developing a Windows Phone 8 app!

I've got a few questions though: audio is not routed through the blutooth (that's okay, my car probably does not support this) but sound is very, very low (even though system volume is set to max). Also, I don't seem to get an audio alert for speed traps and red light camera's (only a pop-up)?

Am I the only one with very low audio? I read the whole thread and found nobody else complaining about this. I have a Lumia 625
I have noticed that if I have Waze running *before* the Bluetooth pair occurs, the navigation is through the phone speaker. If I start Waze *after* the Bluetooth pair, it comes through the car's audio. HTH.
Ciannait
Send a message

Post by Ciannait
Another voice navigation bug: When approaching a street with "NE" in its name, the navigation will sometimes say, "Turn left onto Nebraska 165th St" instead of "Turn left onto North-East 165th St". This is somewhat inconsistent - there are other times where it says "northeast" just fine.
Ciannait
Send a message

Post by clio_Td
Hello,

for battery drain, put the map in 2D and night color.

It will help you waiting the new release ;)

Willy
clio_Td
Send a message

Post by clio_Td
tommynht wrote:there is no screen rotation mode in windows phone? i search all setting but seem like didnt get any related.
Hello,

No landscape mode for the moment.

Willy
clio_Td
Send a message

Post by Coinneach
On my Lumia 822, the recalc alert sound is painfully, ear-piercingly louder than anything else, in-app or otherwise. That initial high-freq screech really needs to be toned down.

Other than that - hot, excessive data usage even with most of the non-critical stuff turned off (3MB for a 20-minute drive in a suburb of Phoenix, really?), battery being sucked dry, blah blah blah.

Would also appreciate some kind of reality-check option, allowing users to instantly report location failures.
Coinneach
Send a message

Post by Coinneach
Why is there no integration with the People hub?
Coinneach
Send a message