Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by p1l0t
I would absolutely use a bicycle mode. We already can designate bicycle/walking paths so why not allow navigation for them in a mode that isn't going give bad data to car drivers. Plus how cool would it be to see a little bicycle wazer going by on the map. I use this app for avoiding traffic and road hazards (or plain navigation if I don't know the way somewhere) but a bicycle mode would add additional functionality for me. I'm 30 years old and getting kinda fat I try to ride my bike like every other day because it's helping me get back in shape. Plus the town I live in is HUGE on bike riding so it would get mapped for bicycles in a hurry. Also many other navigation apps to offer these modes so it will help make sure Waze keeps on crushing the competition. :mrgreen:
p1l0t
Send a message

Post by p1l0t
In all honesty, as someone who does databasing I am think the best answer would be to have people give as much information as they can (IF they want nothing annoying but on a settings page or something). That way there is a record of the type of vehicle/usage/speed/restrictions whatever and then with knowing all that information the data could be used to develop new vehicle related features and it would be easy to see what is priority based on number of users in type. Just my humble opinion.
p1l0t
Send a message

Post by paf6531
Hey,

I'm using waze with my private "normal" car and sometinmes with a camping car. In this second usage, it would be wonderful that Waze app manage seveal kind of vehicle. So, navigation will take into account height limitation when camping car mode is activated.

Thanks in advance.
paf6531
Send a message

Post by papok
I would leave a couple of slots for "custom" vehicle types to be defined by each community...

For example, we could set a "safe drive car" which would not be allowed to travel through the non politically correct "danger zones".

Papo.
papok
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by petervdveen
I've got a trailer behind my cars sometimes.
As I'm then only aloud to drive 90km/h, when 130km/h is normal, I sometimes generate a trafficjam.

It would be nice to set my maximum speed then, so Trafficjams are not created that are above (for example) 70 km/h.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux

Post by petervdveen
Riamus wrote:Don't say never.
never.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by petervdveen
HOV is some kind of toll road, right?
How many meters is between the normal road and this HOV road?
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by petervdveen
ˆˆ haha..
And who is going to check how many people are in your car?
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by petervdveen
Not going to happen.
There are not enough wazers with this 'problem'.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by petervdveen
Rottame65 wrote:Country: Italy
I use waze with my scooter and in my hometown, Milan, scooters and motorbikes are allowed to run on most bus and taxi lane. It would be great if waze will recognize bus and taxi lanes allowed to other categories of vehicles.
Better don't.
You will create fake traffic jams and removed the correct ones.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message