Yellow Pages Addresses

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Yellow Pages Addresses

Postby SlowlySlowly » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:07 pm

I have a UR that arose from a result returned by Yellow Pages. The location returned to Waze was an interpolated address on a road far outside the shopping center where the business is located (correct address).

I was unable to find a way to submit a correct location to Yellow Pages and wonder if they do anything besides interpolation?

a) Is there a way to submit business location problems to YP.com?
b) Does yp.com use anything but interpolation?
b) If not, shouldn't YP search results get a special popup that says addresses are approximate?
SlowlySlowly

Re: Yellow Pages Addresses

Postby CBenson » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:57 pm

Agreed the lack of satellite images is a pain. I don't think that updating in Bing updates in the Yellow Pages, but I'm not basing that on any research or other hard data.

I've just estimated the location the best I can when adjusting the pin. Usually I'm moving the pin across a street or out of the middle of an intersection so I feel I'm improving the location even if I don't get it perfect.
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby SlowlySlowly » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:22 pm

Thank you, I missed the location tab the first time.

This correction is difficult because the map doesn't show a satellite image or the parking lot. I notice there is a Bing icon on the map. Do changes in Bing make it to Yellow Pages by any chance? Any tips for this situation?

gnc.png
(99.31 KiB) Downloaded 983 times
SlowlySlowly

Postby CBenson » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:52 pm

I've submitted location corrections to yellow pages in the past. From the listing I click "Improve Buisness Info" then click the location tab and drag the pin to the correct location. Some corrections seem to take effect, some don't before I forget to keep checking.
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Return to Search