Report routing timeouts

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Report routing timeouts

Postby lakf_ » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:25 am

Thank you slandrum, it was my first guess. But I came with the route/map generated by Waze. Got no major problems, with routing, speed and eta/mileage running ok. The problem is now to go back those 900km I came hehehe
lakf_

Postby MMoniz543 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:20 pm

Im having the same issue that Jmmo20 had. I tried reporting it but was told its an app issue.my maps have a VERY delayed response. This has only been happening since the last week of the year.it makes the app not worth using. why is this happening? If it want too see what is coming up ahead my map is frozen for some reason. I tried to report police on the app but it then posted the report 10 miles behind me where the map was frozen.
MMoniz543

Postby JohnAndroidS5 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:00 pm

Cuando sale actualización para mejorar las fallas que tiene el WAZE?. Constante interrupción del sistema GPS, lentitud al momento de enviar alertas y demora en los trazos de rutas, sin contar que durante el desplazamiento va en cámara lenta......
JohnAndroidS5

Postby bobster5 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:29 am

had a routing timeout yesterday App message 'searching for network'
bobster5

Postby x556 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:03 pm

jojacosa108 wrote:Cuando sale actualización para mejorar las fallas que tiene el WAZE?. Constante interrupción del sistema GPS, lentitud al momento de enviar alertas y demora en los trazos de rutas, sin contar que durante el desplazamiento va en cámara lenta......

En que apararo y sistema operativo lo estas corriendo,
LVL 3 Waze Map Editor from Toa Alta, Puerto Rico
ENGLISH/SPANISH
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby world_ik63sc1a » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:09 pm

Hi, I'm already prepraing for the route I like to travel for the ski holiday.
Which is from Holland to Austria over Munchen. (A lot of Dutchies will be passing through Munchen Germany in the last two weeks of february!)
However I get a route timeout. Will this time-out issue be resolved by then?
Otherwise I'll need to be looking for other alternatives.
world_ik63sc1a

Postby foxitrot » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:22 pm

Unfortunately none can give you a positive answer. Depending on the color of the moon, the servers return routes with length up to 350-1800 km.

If you are sure to meet München, request a route there and upon approaching it, request another one to Austria.

Sent from a touch display, which took care of perfectly scrambling my thoughts.
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (OP-X March-me-Low).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Vacaboca » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:12 pm

For the last 3-4 weeks on my daily morning commute (M-F in the greater Boston, MA, USA area), I've had 100% routing timeouts. I've rarely seen the issue previous to that, so something seems to have changed. It seems to be load-related, as outside of rush hour/prime-time morning commutes, it seems to be fine. Of course, my time of critical need (and the reason I've come to rely on the app) is that morning rush window.

My network connectivity is fine (Verizon LTE on the phone or Wi-Fi via a Verizon LTE MyFi hotspot), it is definitely related to the routing server not responding.

Is this something that is likely to change, or ?

I'll track down where to file a report - this seemed like a good place to ask though.
Vacaboca

Postby gettingthere » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:01 pm

Vacaboca wrote:For the last 3-4 weeks on my daily morning commute (M-F in the greater Boston, MA, USA area), I've had 100% routing timeouts. I've rarely seen the issue previous to that, so something seems to have changed. It seems to be load-related, as outside of rush hour/prime-time morning commutes, it seems to be fine. Of course, my time of critical need (and the reason I've come to rely on the app) is that morning rush window.

My network connectivity is fine (Verizon LTE on the phone or Wi-Fi via a Verizon LTE MyFi hotspot), it is definitely related to the routing server not responding.

Is this something that is likely to change, or ?

I'll track down where to file a report - this seemed like a good place to ask though.

It seems inconceivable that everyone in Boston can't get a route for 3-4 weeks. I would look more closely at your device. First step may be to remove and reinstall the Waze App.
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico
iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3.1, Waze 4.4
Waze - PLEASE ADD CARPLAY SUPPORT
gettingthere
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby rwethereyet_ » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:49 pm

It does seem like it's an issue during commuting peak that it tried to get a good rote to avoid taffy or too many people in the area? For me yesterday it was no routing for the whole trip, I can report traffic, hazards etc. I ended up using Google nav when I was getting close to final destination.

Notice this usually during afternoon commute in NJ

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
rwethereyet_

PreviousNext

Return to Navigation & Routing