Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by berestovskyy
davidg666 wrote:Would you consider adding country-specific checks for Ireland?
Sure, let's do it!
davidg666 wrote:Only motorways (name begins with Mn or Mnn (eg M6, M18 or M50)) should have Freeway type.
Shall we check if a Mnn road is Motorway, if a Motorway is named Mnn or both?
davidg666 wrote:Names in parentheses after city names *are* valid (for example "Blackwater (Wexford)").
Sure, Validator reports incorrect city name only if it sees "Blackwater (Wexford)" and "Blackwater" names during the same map scan. You can use "Clear report" button to clear the city cache.

Please give me a permalink if you have a problem with this check.
davidg666 wrote:Cardinal direction indicators on motorways (such as the 'N' in "M7 N") are never in parentheses.
So, Motorways are either 'Mxx' or 'Mxx[space]<N, S, W or E>'
Majors are 'Nxx' or 'Nxx[space]<local name, i.e. letters, digits, spaces or dots>'
Minos are 'Rxxx' or 'Rxxx[space]<local name, i.e. letters, digits, spaces or dots>'
Right?
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
fernandoanguita wrote:Can you provide me some guidance on how to solve this situation ?
Thanks for the feedback!

Hover your mouse over the problem title in the segment properties to get the "How to fix" instructions. For the soft turns it's: "Click the turn indicated with a purple question mark to confirm it."

There are purple question marks near the U-turn arrows, so you just click them to confirm that U-turns are disabled.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
fernandoanguita wrote:May be Validator is checking on the other end... and there I cannot do anything as there are no turns.
Yes, you have soft disabled U-turns at the dead end of those streets (see the picture below).

But you are right, there are so many of them and it does not worth to hard disable those turns. So in the next release the check will report soft turns on Primary streets and up only.

Thanks again for the feedback!
berestovskyy
Send a message
Attachments

Post by berestovskyy
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Soft turns should be reported on all segments, including dead-end u-turns.
Sure, but there are some countries with lots of soft turns, so maybe they are not ready for so many warnings yet.

We might split the check into two:
1. NOTE: "Soft turn on drivable road" (streets and other drivable roads)
Countries: not UK, not IT, not FR, any other country

2. WARNING: "Soft turn on primary road" (primary streets and up)
Countries: any country

So in US you'll have all the soft turns reported, but as a NOTE for basic streets and other drivables, ok?
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
SuperDave1426 wrote:I'm getting a "same endpoints drivable segments" error where that's not the case.
It was announced in v0.4.6:
- new check: "Same endpoints drivable segments"
- updated "Unneeded node A/B" checks
Now it takes into account "Same endpoints drivable segments"

Hover your mouse over the warning in the segment properties. It will give you a forum link with a discussion about same endpoints segments: forum link

According to the discussion, you have to split the loops into three segments, not just two.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
WME Validator F.A.Q.
  1. New! How to exclude annoying reports?
    Some areas on the map generate lots of minor reports like "unconfirmed speed limit". There are few options to deal with those annoying reports:
    1. On the main Validator window, "Filter" tab (opens by default). At the very bottom click "Exclude notes". This will stop Validator from highlighting/reporting any notes.
    2. On the main Validator window click "Search" tab (looking glass icon). There is a "Reported as" field at the bottom. Here we can exclude any check we want by its name, id or severity. For example, to stop Validator from highlighting/reporting checks #212 and #213, we should put in the "Reported as" field the following:

Code: Select all

!212, !213, *
      This mean we do not want Validator to report check #212 (!212) and #213 (!213), but report all the rest (*)

Also we can use check title here, for example if we put in the "Reported as" field the following:

!*speed*, *
      Will prevent Validator from reporting any check with "speed" in the title.
  2. New! How to stop Validator reporting all but a specific check?
    Use "Search" tab (looking glass icon) --> "Reported as" field. Say, if we want to concentrate solely on fixing checks #212 and #213, ignoring all other reports, we just put in that field:

212, 213
    Or if we want to concentrate on errors only:

error
  3. Search for a specific username
    Validator does support a search for a specific username. Click "search" tab and put a desired username(s) into the "Updated by" field.

For privacy reasons the feature is available for country managers only. Regular users and area managers have "Include only your edits" option instead.
  4. Validator stops scanning when I switch to another browser tab
    Drag Validator's tab out to create a new window. Do not minimize it, just switch back to the original window.
  5. What is the custom check?
    Custom check is a powerful tool to highlight very specific map issues, not covered with built-in validations. See "Custom Checks Examples" for more details and examples: forum link
  6. Validator highlights closed roads
    You can suppress highlighting by adding a country-specific keyword to the street name. The default keyword is "closed" ("travaux" for France, "remont" for Poland etc.)
    Example: Main St (Closed) <-- this street will never be highlighted

Note, Validator still reports those segments as #101 "Closed road". So if you scan an area and click "Show report", you will get a list of roads marked with the keyword.

Wiki reference: Long term closures (USA)
  7. Validator reports issues outside of my editable areas
    Please make sure "Exclude non-editable segments" filter option is checked.
    Note: Validator consider a segment as an editable if you are allowed to change segment's properties AND change turns at both nodes. If a node is not loaded into WME (i.e. out of the screen OR current zoom level is 0-3), Validator assumes the node is EDITABLE.
  8. I'd like to enable/implement a check for my country
    Great! Send in a permalink to your country's wiki and the check will be enabled/implemented!
    You may also translate/localize existing checks: forum link
  9. There are too many highlighted segments!
    Apply more filters! For instance, to concentrate just on warnings and errors select "Exclude notes" filter options.
    To completely switch the highlighting off, just click the main view title "Validator" or disable "WME Validator" layer in WME layer switcher.
  10. There are too many permalinks in the report!
    Apply more filters! Close the report, select few more filter options and click "Show report" again.
    The permalinks in the report are sorted by the road type, so more important (i.e. Freeway) segments always come first.
  11. Severities
    ██ NOTE - or a minor issue. It's safe to skip notes.
    ██ WARNING - affects search, TTS or might affect routing. Please check it.
    ██ ERROR - broken routing. Please fix it.
  12. Validator reports "Might be incorrect city name"
    It means that Validator saw few segments with very similar city names (i.e. "Renens" and "Renens VD"). See "Might be Incorrect City Name" Check Explained for more details: forum link
  13. How to fix reported segment?
    Hover your mouse over the issue in the segment property panel to get a detailed description, reference link and "How to fix" instructions:
    download/file.php?id=18212
berestovskyy
Send a message
Last edited by berestovskyy on Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:22 am, edited 9 times in total.

Post by berestovskyy
14.01.2014 v0.4.7:
- new check: 'Soft turns on primary road' for UK and Chile
- disabled 'Soft turns on drivable road' for Chile
- 6 new checks for Ireland: 'Incorrect Freeway/Major/Minor name' and 'Might be incorrect road type (Freeway/Major/Minor)'
- French localization has started! Thanks to arbaot!
- enabled "No lock on Freeway" for US
- disabled 'Incorrect Freeway lock level' for US
- fixed 'Unneeded node' (state comparison)
- fixed 'Same endpoints drivable segments' (for two unterminated segments)
- fix for slow computers: if there are more than 50 segments to highlight, they twinkle in turns, i.e. first 50 segments, then next 50 segments and so on
- FAQ
- other changes
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
bedo2991 wrote:Just a request, is it possible to make thinks blink slower (or not at all?). I think that I'll get an epilepsy attack one of those days....
Umm, I'm sorry :( Since there are other highlighting scripts around, so I had to highlight segments differently...

I'll try to play with the colors in the next release. Hope it will help a bit.

As SuperDave1426 has mentioned, at the moment you may apply more filters (exclude notes, streets and non-drivables) or switch Validator on/off simply by clicking the title.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
porubcan wrote:in my opinion this is correct setup
Driving from north to south on this roundabout gives you you "take exit #2", but driving from south to north gives "take exit #1". If it's OK, you may just ignore the error.

Connecting entrance and exit segments at one roundabout node IMO always shifts numeration for that entrance, no matter the turn is disabled or not.

Please let me know if I should adjust/disable this check for Slovakia.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
porubcan wrote:If you think that this affects Slovakia only,
IMO if two roads cross at a roundabout, most of the drivers will expect "take exit 1" instruction for the right turn, exit 2 for the straight and exit 3 for the left turn.

Having entrance and exit segments connected to the same roundabout node "shifts" that numeration, so the driver gets "keep/turn right" for the right turn, "take exit 1" for the straight and exit 2 for the left turn.

Here are few examples in Slovakia: permalink1 permalink2 permalink3 permalink4

So it does not affect Slovakia only, but I don't think it's a big deal. You prefer it that way - no problem, will be implemented in the next release ;)

I will also decrease the severity for the check as you showed me that in some countries it's made for a purpose.
berestovskyy
Send a message