Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Mega Traffic Events - New form

Post by orit_y
Hi Wazers!

In order to enable better communication and support for upcoming events, we created a new and improved event form and process including the following steps:

1. Completing and submitting the form with all required details
2. The Waze team will review the submission and the event will be approved/disapproved.
3. If the event is disapproved, an email will be sent to the reporter to inform him/her that the event cannot be supported by Waze.
4. If the event is approved, the reporter will automatically receive an already formatted spreadsheet to update any road closures.
5. An email will automatically be sent to local champs/localization experts to share any closure information they can provide on the same spreadsheet in collaboration with the reporter and Waze team.
6. When all closures are finalized and approved by the Waze team, the roads will be closed.
7. A website page will be deployed when the event causes major traffic and is in a central location.

What do you say? Should we give it a go?
orit_y

POSTER_ID:9752814

Send a message

Post by mto6
Small note to the form. You don't need to provide Gmail Account to share Google Spreadsheet, it may be any e-mail added to the Google Account.
mto6
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
BUZI

[img]https:///EFna5T[/img] [img]https:///ZPXMBb[/img]

Post by orbitc
Seems easier with these forms. I'd say let's go for it. I did a test event. Please let me know if you receive them.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
One was local event and the other one was for global event. Why 4 emails though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
Just an FYI:

Orit, approved my test few times. We should only get it once.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
kadyus wrote:im sure this has already been answered somewhere, so bear with me. :)

what is minimum time frame for the form submission before the actual event date?
I don't know if there is a set rule that I know....but...I try to do my closure in about a week before the actual event.

Sometimes, depending on the closure you may get as close as few days.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
chriscompo wrote:One problem I noticed is that. People may not know of an event until the day before so adding to waze might not get done in time. How long does it take to check and add these events?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Waze is pretty good with all closures. They check requests several times in a day and can close the roads right away (without needing tile update). Usually, we have enough info and time to enter/close mega events.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by SilicicAcid
I submitted an event which was accepted and got the link to the spreadsheet but I can't get the segment information from the map editor because I'm only level 1. How do I get this ramp closure - Los Carneros on- and off-ramps from southbound US101 in Goleta CA - submitted? The off-ramp was definitely closed (coned off, signed) this morning but I am not sure if the on-ramp is completely closed yet. Today (19Feb) is the target closure date so it's probably closed as well.
The ramps will be closed for a year for bridge construction - http://www.project.goleta.com

Thanx,
SilicicAcid
SilicicAcid
Send a message

Post by SylvainRisso
Hi, I don't know if it's the right topic,
I've submitted an event, which was accepted,
While I want to add a road closure, I get this message "YOU NEED TO BE A LEVEL 3 EDITOR / WAZE PARTNER EDITOR TO ADD / EDIT A CLOSURE."
How to become partner editor ?
Thanks for helping,
SylvainRisso
Send a message

Post by vince1612
SylvainRisso wrote:Hi, I don't know if it's the right topic,
I've submitted an event, which was accepted,
While I want to add a road closure, I get this message "YOU NEED TO BE A LEVEL 3 EDITOR / WAZE PARTNER EDITOR TO ADD / EDIT A CLOSURE."
How to become partner editor ?
Thanks for helping,
Hi,

You can't really become a "partner editor" as you call it, "Waze partners" or in this case Waze Global Event Partners are organizations who are also the official organizers of specific events and who sign partnerships with Waze. That isn't something that can be done by just anyone as an individual.

To maintain a certain security and quality of routing for Waze App users and to avoid abuse, any other regular editor cannot create road closures until they reach L3, in some countries this may also be restricted to anyone lower than L4.

As this varies from country to country, I invite you to find your local forum here:
viewforum.php?f=19
and to get in touch with your local community about this event.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png