Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by berestovskyy
BellHouse wrote:
berestovskyy wrote: - Validator is disabled in LayerSwitcher due to auto-enabling on permalink click
Sorry to see that, I really liked this feature!
WME was re-enabling Validator once you clicked a permalink. The issues was reported here: forum link

WME beta uses new permalink layer param format and it works fine. So once this new format will be released in prod WME, Validator will appear in LayerSwitcher again ;)

Meanwhile you can click Validator title to switch it on/off:

download/file.php?id=18212
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
29.01.2014 v0.5.6:
- new WME beta compatibility
- UPD for Ireland 'Incorrect Highway name' (accents)
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Thanks!
Let me know when you get an answer.

IMO for the Parallel Segments we can create more precise and reliable check, so I'll disable 'Same endpoints drivable segments' for now.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
29.01.2014 v0.5.7:
- DISABLED for ALL: 'Same endpoints drivable segments'
- 'Settings->About->Available checks': added translate/localize markers
- Check IDs in the titles
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
pumrum wrote:"No connectivity from drivable road". It should say "No connectivity to a drivable road"
I meant no connectivity from this drivable road. I'm not a native speaker, so if you have a spare time I would appreciate if you looked through the Settings->About->Available checks for any other mistakes.
kentsmith9 wrote:In the mean time maybe it is better to have everyone split the parallel road as there is minimal down side even if that is actually not making any difference to routing. :mrgreen:
So I'm switching it back, right?
dbraughlr wrote:I request additional options:
  • Exclude any segment with name containing "CONST ZN".
  • Flag any segments with name containing "CONST ZN".
I like the idea. At the moment Validator reports a bunch of errors at the disconnected segments or disabled turns due to a construction. This "CONST ZN" tag could be localizable so every country can have their own.

But I don't like the options. Let's just do not highlight/report segments with "CONST ZN" in the name (whatever issues it has) AND to implement a special report for such segments, so you could just scan a city and look through the list of the construction zones.
olestas wrote:BUG After solving No inward connectivity (RED) problem, segment still remains highlighted in red until I select it again or refresh map.
It's due to a cache. You can also use clear report button and all of the segments will be re-validated on your next move. I'll try to address the issue.
olestas wrote:REQUEST And can segments located one over another or REALLY near be alerted as not connected?
I have a similar idea in my todo, but with a dead-end node located very close to another segment. Will be implemented, but no promises at the moment.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
kentsmith9 wrote:
olestas wrote:REQUEST And can segments located one over another or REALLY near be alerted as not connected?
Seems good if it can be done.
Sure it can be done. And I have a very similar check in my todo, but it was postponed due to its potential slowness. We have to compare each segment with another, and some comparisons are not trivial due to a (sometimes) complicated segment geometry and intersecting bounds.

Say if we have 500 segments at zoom 4, we have to make ~500x500/2 = 125000 comparisons (sometimes non-trivial). I'm not sure if we can optimize something here...
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
31.01.2014 v0.5.8:
- NEW 'Construction zone (only available in the report)'
Default marker: 'CONST ZN'
Marker for Poland: 'REMONT'
No issues will be highlighted on the segments marked as a construction zone, i.e. they may have no connectivity etc. Instead those segments will be listed in the 'Construction zone' part of the report.
US Wiki reference
Please let me know which word(s) you use in your country to mark construction zones.

- ENABLED for ALL: 'Same endpoints drivable segments'
The explanation link is pointing now to Alan's post in this thread.
- fixed: after solving 'No inward connectivity', segment still remains highlighted
- Validator is back in Layer Switcher
Note: you still might experience issues using old permalinks
- other minor changes/fixes
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
ATM the exceptions for the US are da, de, to. I will add el and la in the next version.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
So I remove all exceptions but the "to" for the ramps, right?
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
02.02.2014 v0.5.9:
- 4xNEW for ALL: 'No inward/outward connectivity at node A/B' (warning)
(DELETED: 'No connectivity at node A/B of drivable road')
- NEW for ALL: 'Railroad used for comments'
- NEW for ALL: 'Walking Trail used as a Railroad'
- NEW for ALL: 'Unneeded name on one-way Ramp'
- UPD for US 'Lowercase street name' exceptions: to
- UPD for PL 'Incorrect Railroad name': added MPK, SKM and Tramwaje Śląskie
- fixed: in segment properties issues are grouped now, i.e. 'Soft turns (12)'
- fixed: beta editor login
- fixed: Validator enabling/disabling
- polish translations thanks to Zniwek
berestovskyy
Send a message