Change in editing points

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Change in editing points

Postby davipt » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:24 pm

shirlig wrote:Up until now, each map edit was credited with 1.5 points.
Moreover, for each 500 edits - users were credited with a 750 point achievement candy, i.e additional 1.5 points per edit.
So overall, each edit was worth 3 points.

Why?
1) It seems to make more sense
2) The multi-time achievement is not consistent with other achievements in the client (all achievements are one-time achievements)
3) This achievement specifically is very buggy and many times users don't get their points for the edits.

Now I'm completely lost and almost feel like dropping all my rank levels and start from scratch. For almost three years I was completely convinced that the editing points were independent of the bonus candies, in the sense of the system counting the edit points (1.5 per edit, 3 per street, whatever), and as soon as they'd reach the 750 points, the bonus would appear on the map. More importantly, I was convinced that when the bonus wasn't captured (e.g. not driving during the weekend), the points would still appear, all together, on monday morning when the weekly top was recalculated. This sentence goes against everything I read two years ago. I never felt lost points (except one rollback where I'm sure the whole data was lost).

Whatever for the points.

But missing the candies on the street makes waze a "simple navigation system". Please also remove every other distraction then - remove the other wazers, the map chat, the private message, the beep, the cats and dogs and whatever else avatar, all that crap. Who cares about a good but funny navigation system. </sarcasm>

Me and my kid want the the candy back. Even if it gives 0 points. Don't take the fun out of waze!
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ & Coordinator for Portugal | iPhone Beta
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby seriousarsonist » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:13 am

I agree with davipt completely on that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Image Image Image
UK Champ and Area Manager for the North of the Island of Ireland Image Image

Comber WX: What the weather is like where I edit
seriousarsonist

Postby abnerw13 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:06 am

if my opinion counts :? .... I agree completely with davipt :D

Me and my kid want the the candy back. Even if it gives 0 points. Don't take the fun out of waze!

I love the candies...Even if it gives 0 points :mrgreen:
Abner Weigert
A qualidade das edições tem mais valor que a quantidade.
Edições sem qualidade só geram pontos(que você pode perder).

AM - [PR] / [SC] / [AC]
CM - Brasil

[Links importantes] | [Thread PR ] | [LEIA PRIMEIRO] | [Manual de edição] | [Quiz] | [Guia rápido]
[Novas Ideias (NEW)] | [G+]
abnerw13
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby Daknife » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:48 pm

Gotta add my support for What Davitp said. Give us back the fun. Give us back the candies. My kids also loved seeing the candies. They liked the old trumpet flair candy announcement better as well.
AM in Utah; CM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.4 KitKat on Sprint
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby sketch » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:56 pm

davipt wrote:Now I'm completely lost and almost feel like dropping all my rank levels and start from scratch. For almost three years I was completely convinced that the editing points were independent of the bonus candies, in the sense of the system counting the edit points (1.5 per edit, 3 per street, whatever), and as soon as they'd reach the 750 points, the bonus would appear on the map. More importantly, I was convinced that when the bonus wasn't captured (e.g. not driving during the weekend), the points would still appear, all together, on monday morning when the weekly top was recalculated. This sentence goes against everything I read two years ago. I never felt lost points (except one rollback where I'm sure the whole data was lost).

Whatever for the points.

But missing the candies on the street makes waze a "simple navigation system". Please also remove every other distraction then - remove the other wazers, the map chat, the private message, the beep, the cats and dogs and whatever else avatar, all that crap. Who cares about a good but funny navigation system. </sarcasm>

Shirli specifically said the candies were coming back, once the kinks are worked out.

Apparently the bonus points were only gained upon eating the candy, which I think might be part of the problem—what if you missed the candy? Maybe not. Either way, it can of course be calculated how many candies you should have gotten from how many edits you have, and therefore, by comparing the total you actually received with what you should have, the lost candy points can be made up for.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:07 am

As i said when I was editing like a maniac and driving on Sunday, I'd be getting a bunch on candies. If I didn't drive, I'd be getting the same points on the weekly top rank. Besides delays and other screw ups I never felt like loosing points from the lack of candies, and this was the message we were passing to other users - don't worry you always get the points no matter the candies, this Monday or next in case of delays.
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ & Coordinator for Portugal | iPhone Beta
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby enhket » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:28 am

as written by Shirli, candies are going to be reimbursed in 1-2 weeks, and after that the new candy will start showing up.

sketch wrote:Apparently the bonus points were only gained upon eating the candy, which I think might be part of the problem—what if you missed the candy? Maybe not. Either way, it can of course be calculated how many candies you should have gotten from how many edits you have, and therefore, by comparing the total you actually received with what you should have, the lost candy points can be made up for.

Yes, i got obsessed about the candies time ago: where would they spawn? is it always the same place? what if the road type is different? and other questions, including the one about gaining the points upon looting the candy. In order to test the last thing, i edited for 4 months without turning on the app, then i didnt edit or turn on the app the following month until i made sure i wasnt getting any points. After that i would just turn on the app and loot candies (without editing)... and that until Shirli canceled the candies. There is no way the candies was getting added to the total every monday, i would have over 4 millions points now. Just wait until waze starts reimbursing the candies, there are people who have saved candies through years (top 5?) and i wouldnt be surprised to see a few people adding 500k+ to their totals.
Christopher C. Enhket
Languages: Español, English, Français, Português.
Coordinator, Beta editor/Editing expert, Campeón.
Communities established: 8
enhket
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby foxitrot » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:20 am

That can be called A(n obsessive) test :ugeek:

Sent from a touch display, which took care of perfectly scrambling my thoughts.
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new social Android 4.0.xx.yyy (OP-X LOL-a-popp).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby BigBoxGore » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:21 pm

enhket wrote:as written by Shirli, candies are going to be reimbursed in 1-2 weeks, and after that the new candy will start showing up...

haha, Sorry!
BigBox
Solo un Wazer
BigBoxGore
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby Mynios » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:25 pm

Just for the records.... a friend of mine stoped to use Waze for well known routes like daily trip to work and he also stoped dertours for Waze. Why? Candies! Are the points the problem? No, only the candies!

Thanks David for pointing this out again!
Mynios
Country Manager
Country Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor