New iPhone version is finally OUT

Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

Moderator: Unholy

Re: New iPhone version is finally OUT

Postby sketch » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:37 am

robin1979 wrote:
pktgumby wrote:Is there a way to disable the landscape mode? I can't find anything in options. The slot I sit my phone in while driving makes the landscape mode activate, and it becomes nearly useless to me as I can't easily read the thing sideways when I glance down.

Lol noticed that when you take a corner quite fast it tumbles to landscape mode.

Haha, yep, I have made it a goal to get Waze into portrait mode (I usually use landscape) as much as possible :lol:
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby robin1979 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:01 am

pktgumby wrote:Is there a way to disable the landscape mode? I can't find anything in options. The slot I sit my phone in while driving makes the landscape mode activate, and it becomes nearly useless to me as I can't easily read the thing sideways when I glance down.

Lol noticed that when you take a corner quite fast it tumbles to landscape mode.
robin1979

Postby Shorty-CM » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:00 am

Buy a windshield mount? ;)
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager

Postby pktgumby » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:49 pm

Is there a way to disable the landscape mode? I can't find anything in options. The slot I sit my phone in while driving makes the landscape mode activate, and it becomes nearly useless to me as I can't easily read the thing sideways when I glance down.
pktgumby

Postby Shorty-CM » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:48 pm

Did you try turning your phone off? Sounds to me like some other app has locked up the GPS chip. Usually firing up the Apple Maps app fixes that, but sometimes you gotta power off/on the whole unit to get it working properly again. It's got nothing to do with the Waze app.
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager

Postby hulagrrrl » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:37 pm

I got it. Received the update on Wed Nov 25th. Not too happy with the upgrade that I'm seeing. I find myself now "connected to the network" but cannot get a GPS signal (and this is occurring all over in places where I once was able to get GPS before the upgrade). Because I am no longer able to get a GPS location, it makes the destinations I've stored in My Favorites totally pointless. It's also making the navigation a real pain. I was loving this app pre-Nov 25th and pimping it to my iphone owning friends but now I'm not so sure.....
Oh - also - I really don't need to know that there's an accident in Concord, CA when I live in the Pacific NW. Does anyone know of a filter for the reporting tool?
hulagrrrl

Postby PeterG » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:03 pm

Hi,
I am on a - supported - HTC Touch HD with WM 6.1. Going to m.waze.com I get a "Unknown OS, Client not supported." :?: :?: :?:

Regards
Peter
PeterG

Postby Shorty-CM » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:21 pm

The speedometer is usable now! hehe. Matches up pretty closely with the m/s display in my Magellan now. I no longer need to dig it out to check a speedometer of a car, hehe. Or do any m/s -> km/h math! haha
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager

Postby danthemanms » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:04 pm

Just downloaded it and used it on my drive today, and am very impressed with the changes. Seems to have fixed my "inaudible voice navigation" issue, though I'll need to do more testing before I claim that for certain.
danthemanms

Postby arcolin » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:30 pm

I've got same "infinite upgrade" problem with AroundMe App, just remove it and then download it again.... that's it
arcolin

Next

Return to Official announcements