[Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.22 Feb 2017

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.6 Feb

Postby bz2012 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:53 pm

How about an option to show by STATE?
REASON: there are many 'wrong state' segments in some areas of the USA.
If you 'accidently' include one of these segments in some work you are doing, you are unable to SAVE until you correct the STATE. It would be useful to see these at a glance so they can be fixed more easily.

By the way, THANKS for a wonderful tool!
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby gohamstergo » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:30 pm

cool, always glad to see updates.
gohamstergo

Postby Timbones » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:28 pm

:arrow: BETA version v1.6.1

• Added option to invert City filter (thanks bensmithurst)
Means you can highlight all segments which are not in a chosen city.
Doesn't include 'No city' segments - use the separate highlight option for them.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby gohamstergo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:01 am

foxitrot wrote:
gohamstergo wrote:Also if possible, highlight landmark types (separate from generic highlight toggle) so that even when zoomed out, small landmark will still show. For example, parking lots. Small ones only show when zoomed in, making them hard to find. If it would highlight when zoomed out, would make it much easier.

A rule of thumb: the script is only capable of highlighting that, what is already visible in the editor. Thus after zooming out too far, when a landmark disappears...

ah, noted. wasn't sure how it functioned underneath... if the info was there, just not shown in the interface, or what. ;)
gohamstergo

Postby gohamstergo » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:22 am

I'll admit, haven't read this whole thread so dunno if suggested before:

New idea for a highlight - Landmarks snapped to road.

Also if possible, highlight landmark types (separate from generic highlight toggle) so that even when zoomed out, small landmark will still show. For example, parking lots. Small ones only show when zoomed in, making them hard to find. If it would highlight when zoomed out, would make it much easier.
gohamstergo

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:09 am

iainhouse wrote:
charleskelso wrote:Lastly: RevCons? SelfCons? Can someone tell me what these terms mean?

Have a look at http://world.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=265&t=42562. I posted an explanation earlier today.

Even better: the documentation in the Glossary. :shock:
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby iainhouse » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:13 am

charleskelso wrote:Lastly: RevCons? SelfCons? Can someone tell me what these terms mean?

Have a look at viewtopic.php?f=265&t=42562. I posted an explanation earlier today.
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby orbitc » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:51 am

suggestion:

URO: text should be little bit of to the side.
orbitc
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby DisplayName » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:49 am

First things first: thanks for this script! I've been editing on and off but recently I've really gotten into it; this and the URO are great tools.

I noticed that the text over at userscripts.org lists a "Filter by Editor" function that is available for area managers. Is it possible to let regular editors have access to this as well? Maybe just for their own user name? Or, can you provide a "Highlight My Edits" function?

You see, whenever I fix something I always look around the area to see if anything needs a little tidying up, if you will... okay, the fact is, I can't control my need for precision and order! If I see a sloppy, converted pave, node-filled street, I have to delete the nodes and make it pretty. If there's a road that's closer to the sidewalk than the center of the street, I have to line it up. The next thing I know, I've aligned an entire neighborhood with the aerials and removed hundreds upon hundreds of useless nodes. Ahh, a thing of beauty. Anyway, I typically use the unsaved (orange) segments as an indicator of where I've been but when you get too many edits stacked up saving can have problems. Saving often is a must but, then I lose my place. Being able to highlight what I've done in an area would allow me to save and move on quickly.

Lastly: RevCons? SelfCons? Can someone tell me what these terms mean?
DisplayName

Postby Timbones » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:31 pm

PhantomSoul wrote:Perhaps the RevCons and SelfCons should only be highlighted for Area Managers (Level 3 and up)? I think the script already does that for some other things. Maybe it already does it for this too?

Yes, it does this already.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts