[Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.22 Feb 2017

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.6 Feb

Postby Timbones » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:38 am

tonestertm wrote:So, the Toll highlighting does not function in the same way as the Editor Lock (variable opacity), and anything above Level 1 is considered "locked"? Or am I just seeing things wrong?

This is correct. Tolls are dashed blue if unlocked, and dashed red if locked above rank 1.
Mostly due to legacy reasons, as the Toll highlight was implemented before we had variable lock.s
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby tonestertm » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:33 am

Timbones wrote:The "Locked" option now displays 2 colors: red = locked but editable by you; black = locked at a higher level.

The "Toll" option shows blue dashes for unlocked toll segments, and red dashes for locked toll segments even if "Locked" option is off.
I searched the thread, but didn't find any reference to Toll newer than this. I want to verify something that I'm seeing.

The Editor lock highlights are working perfectly. I'm a 4, so roads locked at 5 and 6 show up as black lines and 4 down to 1 show lighter and lighter red. No problem.

I was investigating a problem and had turned Toll highlighting on, and at first thought I was seeing one blue Toll segment where I expected it, but not another. After dialing WAY in, I discovered the red highlight on top of the Major Highway segments I was looking at.

Now, this red Toll segment was locked at 3, the blue Toll segment was "unlocked" at 1. I checked some other Toll segments locked at 5, and they appeared to have red highlighting as well. Then I searched and found the above.

So, the Toll highlighting does not function in the same way as the Editor Lock (variable opacity), and anything above Level 1 is considered "locked"? Or am I just seeing things wrong?
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby doctorkb » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:10 pm

top_gun_de wrote:
PhantomSoul wrote:+1 on the option to highlight segments <10m and 10-15m. Its useful to supress u-turns on narrowly divided highways where a direct u-turn is prohibited.

Hi,

the 15m-limit under which the routing never does a U-turn is easily forgotten when splitting roads. Therefore, highlighting segments of less than 15m would be a good idea.

Best regards,

Detlev

I agree -- if the routing server actually paid attention to that.

We've got a UR live right now for just this issue -- an illegal u-turn suggested across an 11m segment.

I've got a note in to Amit, but he's away right now.
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby top_gun_de » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:07 pm

PhantomSoul wrote:+1 on the option to highlight segments <10m and 10-15m. Its useful to supress u-turns on narrowly divided highways where a direct u-turn is prohibited.

Hi,

the 15m-limit under which the routing never does a U-turn is easily forgotten when splitting roads. Therefore, highlighting segments of less than 15m would be a good idea.

Best regards,

Detlev
top_gun_de
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby daxigua » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:38 am

Can someone explain the meaning of:

Filter by City (Yellow)
Nantong, INVALID STATE

Why 'invalid state' when there is nil function to add a state?

Maybe this is nothing to do with the script, but more to do with Waze?

I see very big problems ahead, in China it is: province, county, city, area, street.

Many cities have the same street names, some cities in romanised english (pinyin) are identical, thus Taizhou is a city in three different provinces... fun in the future indeed!

Daxigua.
daxigua

Postby rleejr79 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:10 am

Hello. Thanks for the script as it helps greatly. I have a feature request(s), if possible.

Is it possible to add a layer to show roads that have alternate names attached to the segment. For example, it would show the roads that have "Main St." as primary and "State Rte 201" as alternate. This would be beneficial to show if a segment was accidentally skipped over in adding the alternate road name.

This would also help detect errors on roadways that should not have an alternate name. In going road by road, the sync errors that Cartouche brought into Papyrus is frustrating. This way I can delete the alternate names if need be.

Also, though it is tied together but different, it would be nice to have an option to see what alternate lists have different city names. This relates to the old cartouche issue. In going back over my work with your script, I used cartouche back in the day to enter primary and alternate road names as papyrus was blocked at work. In going back through, many alternates are showing no city listed with the road name. I know I entered them before. It would help save time in map editing/fixing if I was able to see if the alt city did not match the primary city.

Thanks for all the great work.
rleejr79

Postby Timbones » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:17 pm

:arrow: BETA version v1.6.2

• Added support for States in Canada (thanks doctorkb)
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby doctorkb » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:41 pm

Updated for new Canada provinces:
Code: Select all
// State handling
    // US first. All cities should have an associated state. Throw an error if not.
    if (countryID == 235) {

becomes

Code: Select all
    // State handling
    // US/Canada first. All cities should have an associated state. Throw an error if not.
    if (countryID == 235 || countryID == 40) {
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby bz2012 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:53 pm

How about an option to show by STATE?
REASON: there are many 'wrong state' segments in some areas of the USA.
If you 'accidently' include one of these segments in some work you are doing, you are unable to SAVE until you correct the STATE. It would be useful to see these at a glance so they can be fixed more easily.

By the way, THANKS for a wonderful tool!
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby gohamstergo » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:30 pm

cool, always glad to see updates.
gohamstergo

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts