Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by berestovskyy
myriades wrote:You mean external script-data for validator that will regroup
I was thinking about kind of "language pack", so local communities could maintain the pack on their own (i.e. add/correct translations, add/remove exceptions and enable/disable the checks).
davielde wrote:I currently get an indicator that a median u-turn segment is too short when it is actually a one way cross street that intersects with a split road.
Sorry, I would appreciate a permalink. I'm looking into the code and the situation you describe is impossible :?
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Hi,
‰ means promille (per thousand).

The is a bug introduced in 0.6.1 with "fixed few bugs with new and deleted segments". At the moment Validator reports ~2 times less segments (and hence ~2 times less errors) during the map scan. No problem with the highlighting, i.e. it highlights all of the errors on the map.

The issue will be fixed in the next version. Sorry for the inconveniences.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
12.02.2014 v0.6.3:
- UPD 'Too short segment': roundabouts are excluded
- ENABLED for Bulgaria #27 'City name on Railroad'
- ENABLED for Chile #59, #86 and #93
- UPD 'Exclude non-editable segments' option for nodes
- Spanish translations thanks to robindlc and
fernandoanguita
- Spanish set as a default for AR, BO, CL, CR, CO, CU,
DO, EC, GQ, GT, HN, MX, NI, PA, PE, PY, SV, UY, VE
- fixed map scan: not all of the segments were reported
- ISO date in report
- other minor fixes
BellHouse wrote:I don't quite understand what 2d) means.
Some checks have exceptions, for instance 'Lowercase street name (except country-specific words)'
gizmouf wrote:Here is another idea ... checking average speed on a segment
Sure, the average speed info is available. The problem is what do we do with those segments :?
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
ditchi56 wrote:1) landmark too small to show on app? At least petrol (gas) station landmarks if not other types?
Landmarks are in my todo, but there are also ~50 other items, so no promises, sorry :(
lg1992 wrote:I suggest disabling the "Less than 3 letters long street name" note for Israel.
Ok, will be disabled.
bedo2991 wrote:May I ask you to insert this error in IT? "Ramp starting with "A " instead of "Dir. "
"Wiki" ref: http://docs.wme-tools.com/index.php/gui ... lle-strade
Please check the link since the page you are refering does not contain "dir." (sorry, I do not understand Italian).
Please also note, at the moment Validator shows Waze wiki and Waze forum links only.
bedo2991 wrote:Edit: another thing that might be useful worldwide could be a warn: "Ramp streetname is too long".
There is a check #52 "More than N letters street name" which may be adjusted and activated for IT.
ituajr wrote:I still get "#107 SLOW: No connection at node A" for my earlier example. (viewtopic.php?f=819&t=76488&start=300)
I guess both the segment and the node in your example are editable, but you can't fix the error because the nearby segment is not editable. I'll try to fix this...
fmondini wrote:I think there are two solutions: (1) don't highlight the segment if the RR is high enough
Thanks! All of the lock-related checks will be updated.
bgarch wrote:they are not highlighted by validator. Permalink: https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=26.209 ... 31&env=row
21.01.2014 v0.5.1:
- UPD 'Unneeded node A/B': total length is up to 10km

The discussion was somewhere in this thread.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
GizmoGuy411 wrote:While in the process of reviewing the example area for a potential new AM for the Great Lakes Region of the US, I had Validator crash my computer.
Sorry to hear that :(
GizmoGuy411 wrote:It crashed at the end of the scan with the final audio prompt sounding continuously.
I'm not sure what browser you use, but AudioContext interface (used for the beeps) appeared in the Firefox just around the end of 2013. So it might be a cause of the crash.
Mute the sounds and try again.
GizmoGuy411 wrote:The scan for this PL took quite a while, so I wondered if the size of the report that was a factor.
Validator reports up to 500 segments per check. If there are more segments to report, Validator just drop them and "Clear report" button becomes red. Sure, I can lower this limit.

I have tried Validator over different locations. For instance, New Delhi area in India has around 190K segments and Validator scans it OK. Your locations has ~12K and I just scanned it with no problem :?
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
I couldn't find any blank elevation around, but I found few segments with out of range elevation (i.e. level 20) and WME displays it as a blank. Here is an example: permalink

'Two-way ramp' will be disabled for US.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
19.02.2014 v0.7.0:
- complete Spanish translation thanks to robindlc and
fernandoanguita
- WME language switcher now also switch language of
problem and howtos (but not links)
- 'Updated by' search option for country managers

- NEW for ALL: 'Out of range elevation'
- NEW for ALL: 'Non-drivable connected to drivable'
- NEW for IT: 'Ramp name starts with an A' (untested)
- NEW for ALL: 'More than 55 letters Ramp'
- UPD #51 for PL 'Incorrectly abbreviated street name'
added: bł., kard., marsz., rtm.
- UPD #101 'Closed road': default marker is '(Closed)'
- UPD #40 'Soft turns on drivable road': check for
both nodes exist
- UPD 'Incorrect lock level' checks for traffic locks
- UPD 'No connection at node A/B': exclude non-editable
segments filter option
- UPD for IL 'Less than 2 letters long street name'
- DISABLED for US 'Two-way Ramp segment'
- What's the problem and howtos are replaced with icons
- fixed WME Color Highlights wiki URLs
- added input placeholders
- now Validator reports max 300 segments per check
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
SuperDave1426 wrote:Can you make this an option that can be turned on/off
You can "turn off" any check you want using 'Reported as' field in the "Search" tab.

For instance, to disable #40 'Soft turns' highlighting/reporting you may put the following:

Code: Select all

!40,*
Hover your mouse over the field for more examples.

Unfortunately, there is no way to force "turn on" a check once it has been disabled for your country :(

IMO Two-way Ramp is not a error and at the moment the check is enabled just for one country.

20.02.2014 v0.7.1:
- HOTFIX: fixed few highlight issues
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
dbraughlr wrote:After saving my edits, I often see multiple occurrences of ReferenceError: WazeEditorURL is not defined on the JS console.
I guess it's not related to Validator since there is no "WazeEditorURL" in my code.
There is a script name next to the error on the console...
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Hi!
Could any CM please test and confirm the new "Search->Updated by" option works OK?

Thanks!
berestovskyy
Send a message