Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by berestovskyy
CBenson wrote:
berestovskyy wrote:- NEW for ALL: 'More than 55 letters Ramp'
I'm curious as to where the guidance for this check comes from.
It comes from the suggestion in this thread: forum post No objections, so the check is implemented.
Let me know if the check should be disabled for US.
SuperDave1426 wrote:Has there been a change made to the way that the Validator handles roads marked with (CONST ZN)?
Wiki document has changed recently, so the check is updated:

19.02.2014 v0.7.0:
- UPD #101 'Closed road': default marker is '(Closed)'
sketch wrote:Is it possible to make a report that includes every street segment with a particular name? For instance, we name U turn segments "U turn" in the New Orleans area, but many have been named "U-Turn" and "U Turn". Trying to standardize all of them is a heck of a task, but being able to search "U-Turn" in Validator would make a big difference.
You mean a check which reports all of those errors (i.e. "U-Turn", "U Turn" and so on)?
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
ituajr wrote:a) When I go to that location and pan a little, the "Show Report" box turns brown and the message above it says "Click 'Show report' to review map issues".
Thanks, fixed. Remark: You asked me to treat segment as non-editable when it's close but not connected to non-editable segment. So I did and now Validator treats such a segment as non-editable.

So despite you can fix 'Soft turns' in your example, Validator will not highlight/report the segment because internally for Validator the segment is non-editable. No complains about that please :lol:
ituajr wrote:b) If I click on Gerschwitz Rd, I get "WME Validator reports: SLOW: No connection at node A" - the report that I hoped would be suppressed by the "exclude non-editable segments" feature.
It's a feature. You are filtering highlighting and reporting ('Show report'), so it does not distract you. But when you select a segment, you always see all of the issues in the segment's properties no matter the filters.
dbraughlr wrote:The error is that the name is invalid and should be updated either because the construction zone has expired or the name needs to be changed to have the "(closed)" suffix.
Please note at the moment the marker is case-sensitive "(Closed)". Let me know if I shall ignore the case.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
sketch wrote:Regarding "(Closed)" / "(Construction Zone)" / "CONST ZN":
According to wiki:
When a road is under long-term construction, but is not closed, add "(Construction Zone)"
So I'm not sure if Validator should suppress issues at the "not closed" road :?

A report for obsolete CONST ZN markers will be added.
sketch wrote:What I was thinking was that I could put in a name (whether "U-Turn" or "* North *" or whatever else), run the report, and get all the streets matching that name in the report.
At the moment all the filters run afterwards the scan. Validator scans and collects all of the issues. Then you click "Show report" and Validator applies the filters and shows the report.

This street match option you suggested would be applied during the scan and once it changed you would need to rescan the area. So this option does not fit well with the existing filter options :(
petervdveen wrote:
berestovskyy wrote:#115 Non-drivable connected to drivable at node B
I would say, don't mark it as an error when:
- the non-driveable is a dead-end road.
- the non-driveable has housenumbers on it.
No problem to exclude dead-ends, but the house numbers are not available. To get the numbers Validator would have to request Waze server, means it would be very slow :(

Toolbox also has an option to pull the house numbers from Waze server. So it might be twice slower, because Validator and Toolbox would request same house numbers twice...
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
fvwazing wrote:You wouldn't need the complete list of HN, just the confirmation that a segment has HN. Is that a separate/faster query?
AFAIK no, there is no way to tell if there is a house number assigned unless you pull HNs from the server for the specified segment IDs :(

But still we have plenty of options for 'Non-drivable connected to drivable' check:
1. We can exclude dead-ends up to 300 m long.
2. Or we can enable check #115 just for some countries by request.
3. Or we can report just railroads connected to drivable roads.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
24.02.2014 v0.7.2:
- NEW for All: 'Obsolete CONST ZN marker'
- UPD 'Closed road': case insensitive
- UPD 'Non-drivable connected to drivable': excluded
short dead-end segments and segments with HNs
- DISABLED for US 'More than 55 letters Ramp name'
- DISABLED for IL 'Less than 3 letters long'
- Fixed 'No connection at node A/B' for false
'Show report'
- Improved 'Show report' performance
- Fixed toggle on/off
- Few new Spanish translations
- Checks #36, #37, #46, #47, #78, #79, #102 and #103
are now marked as SLOW
- Fixed few highlight issues (v0.7.1)
robindlc wrote:add a check for "impossible" turns with low angles... (lets say less than 30 grades)?
I like the idea, will be implemented in some of the future versions.
dbraughlr wrote:When a USA street name starts with a compass indicator [ENSW], the next word should start with a capital letter.
We can go further and check if every word in the street name starts with a capital letter. But at the moment #94 is checking just the beginning of the street name.
petervdveen wrote:Is it possible to get a report when roads are connected to driveable roads with a specific streetname?
Sorry, I didn't get the idea. You mean there are drivable roads with certain names which should never be connected to another drivable road?
kentsmith9 wrote:What do we think about moving much of the content in the various posts like Error Check List into the Wiki.
Frankly I'm happy with the current list of checks, because it takes me no time to update the list. I just click Settings->About->Available checks and copy the list into my forum post.

I had an idea to create a wiki page with the descriptions and screenshots of the issues, but at the moment I have no time for that even if it's now allowed by Waze staff. Sorry :(
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
kentsmith9 wrote:Is there any chance to have the tool resort the list into some order (numeric, alphabetical, type, etc)? Or is it in one now and I don't recognize it? :D
There is an order and Validator uses it everywhere (in the report, in segment's properties, in the list of available checks etc). The checks are ordered by the severity first (errors come first) and then alphabetically.
kentsmith9 wrote:The user community controls the Wiki, so we can do whatever makes the most sense
Well, in December I got the opposite answer, so I decided put everything on the forum...
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
kentsmith9 wrote:So the numbers are tagging the order in which the check was added
Right, those are check IDs. You may use them to reference the check on the forum or in the Search->Reported as field, since the check titles are translated to different languages now.
kentsmith9 wrote:I don't think we want to spend too much time constantly updating a Wiki page that will require reformatting of that data.
That is what I was trying to say. My first intention was to put the list on the wiki, but now I'm OK with the result. The order is not a problem and could be changed easily.
nhanway wrote:Any one know how big of an area Validator generates a report for?
The area you can see at zoom 0 in your browser.
sketch wrote:No thank you. It took me about ten seconds to think of a valid example that would violate this.
Sure there are exceptions... I just meant the check #94 is designed to analyze the beginning of the name, so those [ENSW] can't be implemented in that check at the moment.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
So here is my interpretation of robindlc's suggestion: forum post

24.02.2014 v0.7.3:
- NEW for All 'BETA: Overlapping segments at node A/B'
- NEW for All 'BETA: Too sharp turn at node A/B'
- check IDs moved to the end of the check title

Please include permalinks in your false positive reports.

Thanks!
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
bgarch wrote:Enable "report railroads connected to drivable roads" for any country.
Force update the script, it's done few versions back:
24.02.2014 v0.7.2:
- UPD 'Non-drivable connected to drivable':
excluded short dead-end segments and segments with house numbers

19.02.2014 v0.7.0:
- NEW for ALL: 'Non-drivable connected to drivable'
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
qwaletee wrote:"If street name begins with EWNS followed by a space followed by a lowercase letter."
The check is called 'Lowercase street name (with exceptions)'. There is a per country list of exceptions.

Sure, I can fit another list of per country words to ignore at the beginning, but IMO it's better to create new more comprehensive check with a list of allowed lowercase words (to, a, the, de, la etc) and report any other lowercase word no matter its position in the street name.
qwaletee wrote:Been wondering... what are the SLOW indicators for.
There is an option "Settings->Enable slow checks".

At the moment any check which analyzes unknown (and unpredictable) number of adjacent segments is marked as "slow".
bz2012 wrote:Validator flags the segment with a 'turn too sharp' at the north end when that end has the restricted turn (yellow) 24/7, but passes it when the turn is forbidden (red).
Well, there is nothing to report if the turn is disabled (red). Scheduled (yellow) turn is an enabled turn internally in WME.

I'm not sure if it's a common practice to restrict a turn 24/7 just to make sure nobody accidentally enables it :? If so, Validator might skip restricted turns as well as disabled.
irowiki wrote:
- NEW for ALL: 'Out of range elevation'
Does this need to be enabled
I posted an example with elevation 20: permalink
irowiki wrote:Would also be nice to have a way to search for all elevation not set to "Ground" in an area where there are no tunnels, bridges or overpasses.
The search for overpasses is very expensive operation and would be extremely slow. If there are 500 segments on the map it will take ~125000 comparisons to check if a segment crosses another one.
berestovskyy
Send a message