Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by doctorkb
olestas wrote:Actually most segments "should" have a u-turn... you can do this on most roads and junctions.
And highlights just informs about it... but this script by default removes u-turn.
It depends on your jurisdiction.

In Canada, most segments where you would want to do a u-turn, you can't (legally). And most where you can legally, you wouldn't want to attempt it, as it isn't safe.

The law for the province of Alberta is for any junction of roads where it is safe to do so, providing it is an uncontrolled intersection -- so if there are traffic lights, no u-turn. Oddly enough, those are usually the only intersections that are big enough to do a u-turn in.

And yes, I know that highlights just points them out. But I also see no problem in obliterating them with JNF -- as long as users using JNF know that it will happen.

Technically, the only thing JNF *needs* to do now is deal with the revconns... both u-turns and soft turns can be dealt with in WME... so JNF just makes things easier.
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Totally agree.

There are, however, some instances (e.g. here: https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lat ... 4,71509500 ) where the u-turn is a functional requirement for the ramp system.

I've enabled some u-turns in my 'hood so I can see how the routing works (when it is all enabled) -- particularly one at the end of a segment where my mailbox is (I usually pull a u-turn there anyhow, and Waze thinks I need to drive around the block to get home).

I'll let you know how that works out. :)
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
jasonh300 wrote:How does one go about compiling the *.user.js into a *.crx?
http://developer.chrome.com/extensions/packaging.html
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
DMZamora wrote:Seems broken (no 'Q' shortcut) since the last WME update, a few hours ago.
It still works fine with both production and beta editors on the N.A. server. Perhaps this is a ROTW issue?
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
n8nagel wrote:I've read back a few pages and didn't see anything... is this going to be up on the Chrome web store? If not, can you please help a non-computer-savvy person and let us know how to install the file on the latest version of Chrome? Ever since my computer auto-updated, I can't seem to figure out how to manually install any add ons. thanks!
1. Install TamperMonkey addon
2. Add scripts to TamperMonkey
3. ???
4. Profit!
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
WME Toolbox incorporates the features you're talking about for Rank 5+ editors.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
pumrum wrote:
doctorkb wrote:WME Toolbox incorporates the features you're talking about for Rank 5+ editors.
super. i guess i'll just suffer for now :D
I guess -- unless you can make a case to your Champs to have OyyoDams make an exception -- not even sure they'd do that, but that's your only route.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
bgodette wrote:
PhantomSoul wrote:If so, I hope it's only available to CMs. I, for one, would not want anyone not familiar with the side effects and pitfalls of en masse QW editing to be able to do this.

In fact, I would suggest that for any non-AM editor, you shouldn't be able to use JNF at all on any junction that has at least 1 hard-disabled turn on it, while AM's should have to click past a warning. This way it's harder to JNF bomb people's edits.
??? the only side effects of the currently released version vs what an editor should be doing are:

It will disable U-Turns, which may not be desirable in certain areas. But since there's still no client support, it's not desirable for a driver unfamiliar with the area to have them to begin with. This has been the case since JNF's first release.

It doesn't split one side of a two segment loop/eye.

It doesn't handle parking lot/private stubs that only connect to the main road and nothing else that are one-way and converts them to two-way.
I had trouble following this part of the discussion as well, but I do think I figured it out.

Their concern surrounds the manner in which WMET will let you apply JNF fixes to all visible nodes with one keystroke/click -- and that feature should be restricted to CMs. I don't understand it to be a question of JNF's application.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
This script has been incorporated into WME Tools... Which is actively being maintained.

I'm not sure if any updates are happening to JNF.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Select the junction node, then either click the "fix reverse connections..." Button or hit the "q" key.
doctorkb
Send a message