The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
LeighGr wrote:It must be something new in WME 1.5, and I don't see it mentioned, but if you move the area you want to refresh off the screen and back on, it's automagically refreshed with the other persons saved edits. Works for unlock requests as well. And works in areas where I don't have edit permissions.
It depends on how far you pan or zoom and how the WME decides in needs to reload an area or not.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by BellHouse
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:When you are working together with another editor and want to see the changes they just made, you may think you need to permalink. But that makes all the chat history disappear, and chat doesn't connect right away, etc.

Instead, just go to a nearby non-critical segment, and change a turn restriction twice. That is, take an allowed turn and restrict it, then allow it again. Save. The browser will load the segments from the server again without having to permalink.
In my experience, the same effect is achieved easier by simply zooming in and out.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
... and a built-in keyboard short-cut: Alt-Shift-R
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by dbraughlr
Changing something works only for those who have privilege to edit in that area.
A road data refresh would be helpful in other scenarios including when there is a failure of the server to timely send the data.
dbraughlr
Send a message
Ѭ

Post by dbraughlr
You have a good idea that sounds feasible. Other WMEs should be able to mirror. I encourage you to propose this as a new enhancement.
dbraughlr
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Having to share just the movement of a few junction / geometry nodes and map position and zoom values between WMEs would incure a lot less overhead. But I understand, it would have to be implemented.

Sent from a touch display, which took care of perfectly scrambling my thoughts.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by HavanaDay
Wanted to update this thread for future reference in case anyone comes across this. There is a refresh key now built in to the editor (1.6).

It is located on the layers panel in the upper right corner.
HavanaDay
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by LeighGr
It must be something new in WME 1.5, and I don't see it mentioned, but if you move the area you want to refresh off the screen and back on, it's automagically refreshed with the other persons saved edits. Works for unlock requests as well. And works in areas where I don't have edit permissions.
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling
Redmi 8, Android 10.0.0, Waze: Whatever the latest beta is!
LC: South Africa
CM: Southern Africa

Post by Mynios
Yesterday I had a few visitors at a mentoring session. So not always 1:1 shows. :mrgreen:
Mynios
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message