Report routing timeouts

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Report routing timeouts

Postby slandrum » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:06 am

If you are trying to make a route of 900km, then you may actually be getting a timeout. My experience (in the US) is that Waze is terrible at generating routes that long, and you are far better off using something else to get a route when you have to travel that far.

You are also likely to go through areas with poor or no cell coverage, and Waze will have no speed information for roads in those areas, and may not even have accurate map information because no-one can report a problem in app in those areas, and only area managers and above can edit them.
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 Image
slandrum

Postby su_A_ve » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:31 pm

Been having problems since yesterday specially trying long routes 300+ miles.

Using iOS 6.1, and latest version of waze.

Have no problems getting short routes,but long ones give me a routing server timeout. 3G full bars, but also tried tethering to a 4g MiFi.
su_A_ve

Postby Swisher828 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:57 pm

Yesterday I was traveling from East Los Angeles, Norwalk. I chose home as destination. Home was about 350 miles north and about 6 hours. Got the ready GO and then another calculating route and it stayed there for at least five minutes. Same issue again and again. Resetting the app. iOS 6.1.4. Finally it broke the trip down into two parts. The first took me over the Grapevine and once I passed the Route 99 and I 5 exchange it finish the calculation for the last part of the trip??
Swisher828

Postby tonyloco » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:42 pm

It's almost 2 days that, when I set a destination, Waze goes timeout. Is there any issue?
Tonyloco
AM Chivasso (TO- Italy)
tonyloco

Postby trumpimar » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:58 pm

I had a timeout yesterday morning. Had to try about 5 times before the app was able to give me a route and time.
Image AM Enschede
trumpimar
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby twist3r » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:55 pm

I also have problems with routes. It's not a map problem because on the live map I could do the same route, but on the client I received the timeout. And it was only a 300km route ...
Country Manager Romania
Waze 3.9 - Android 4.4.2 HTC One M7
Logo Waze România
Harta Waze România - Neoficial
ImageImage
https://www.facebook.com/TMTrafic
twist3r
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Vacaboca » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:12 pm

For the last 3-4 weeks on my daily morning commute (M-F in the greater Boston, MA, USA area), I've had 100% routing timeouts. I've rarely seen the issue previous to that, so something seems to have changed. It seems to be load-related, as outside of rush hour/prime-time morning commutes, it seems to be fine. Of course, my time of critical need (and the reason I've come to rely on the app) is that morning rush window.

My network connectivity is fine (Verizon LTE on the phone or Wi-Fi via a Verizon LTE MyFi hotspot), it is definitely related to the routing server not responding.

Is this something that is likely to change, or ?

I'll track down where to file a report - this seemed like a good place to ask though.
Vacaboca

Postby Vacaboca » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:28 pm

gettingthere wrote:It seems inconceivable that everyone in Boston can't get a route for 3-4 weeks. I would look more closely at your device. First step may be to remove and reinstall the Waze App.

I agree that it's inconceivable that nobody in Boston could get routing for 3-4 weeks - but it's not the whole time, it's specifically in the morning during heavy traffic, and the problem goes away as traffic lessens. The Google Maps iOS app shows the correct up-to-date realtime routing choices if I go there at the same times - maybe they're just starving Waze routing capacity in favor of Google routing capacity?

This is happening every single morning right now, and isn't a device issue (as it works perfectly outside of those peak periods, and while it's not working I have zero network connectivity or functionality issues with any other apps).

Thank you for your response and thoughts, gettingthere!
Vacaboca

Postby Vacaboca » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:23 pm

foxitrot wrote:Sent from a touch display, which took care of perfectly scrambling my thoughts.

That's what I'd assumed - but if they're having capacity issues during the times I need it, they're losing me as a user. This morning I finally decided to use Google Maps rather than Waze, as I no longer trust Waze to guide me on the fastest route to work. My commute has 2 significantly different major routes to choose from in addition to small variations, and I started using Waze because I found it was saving me 10-30 minutes a day when I trusted it and followed its recommendations. The last 5-6 weeks have completely eroded that trust due to consistent, reliable routing server timeouts when I most need Waze to work.
Vacaboca

Postby w0rdr » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:59 pm

I've been able to get only one complete route since Sunday afternoon 6/30. It didn't work at all yesterday 7/1, and it worked once today. This is beyond frustrating.
w0rdr

PreviousNext

Return to Navigation & Routing