[Script] WME Validator 1.1.7 / 06.03.2015

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.0 / 26.05.2014

Postby berestovskyy » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:22 pm

sketch wrote:How does it define "drivable"? Is that just everything from Freeway to Street and Ramp, or does it also include conditionally drivable roads like Private, PLot, and Dirt?

Oh, your're right. We ought to exclude parking lot roads. I'll fix it later...
berestovskyy
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: New thoughts

Postby berestovskyy » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:17 pm

krikketdoug wrote:1> Walking trails and other non-drivable road types that have a elevation of something other than -5 be flagged.

You can use a custom check in Validator for that:
template: ${typeRank}:${elevation}
regexp: /^5:(?!-5)/

But in fact at the moment Validator does the opposite. In some countries it highlights walking trails with elevation -5 (check #105).

krikketdoug wrote:2> Now that the US is moving to a Functional Classification system,

I did not hear about US Functional Classification, so I can't comment this, sorry.

krikketdoug wrote:3> Another check [...] Just mark them all places(points) instead of places(areas).

At the moment Validator does not support landmarks/places layer. There are some plans, but no promises, sorry :(
berestovskyy
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby berestovskyy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:18 pm

numbermaniac wrote:Why is it that every time I open the editor it gives me that terms and condition notice?

Validator saves options into the local storage, so there might be two reasons:
1) your browser does not allow to set local data
2) your browser automatically clears local data once you quit the browser

For Chrome browser click menu->Settings->Advanced->Content Settings and make appropriate changes.
berestovskyy
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby berestovskyy » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:15 am

ispyisail wrote:Ok i've found an example

In this particular case Validator missed a note reported by Toolbox. When I looked into the code, both Toolbox and Colour Highlight did not detect tile load properly and they both used a timer to periodically re-highlight segments.

So I had to implement a trick in Validator: once it detects the tile is loaded and ready, Validator dispatches an event to WMECH to force it to re-highlight the segments. It does not send anything to Toolbox though and I don't remember the reason. Probably the trick didn't work with Toolbox or smth :?

Generally speaking, those misses are plausible in Validator, esp. for the very long segments crossing the map view. So few month ago I send a message to Ohad asking a permission to use a low-level WME calls. It would allow Validator to scan the map few times faster and detect issues on the very long segments.

Now the validation functionality being implemented on the WME servers, I guess there is no reason to put much efforts here...
berestovskyy
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby berestovskyy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:14 am

lg1992 wrote:Lately I cannot use the Validator on the beta editor (Israeli server).

Confirmed, I'll try to fix it.

bz2012 wrote:Is it possible to add a custom template field for {editorID} or {CreatedBy} {EditedBy} ?

In Validator you can simply click search tab and then put a username(s) into "Updated by" field. The 'Updated by" field is available for country managers only.

krikketdoug wrote:Given that Street would only be used at the end of the street name, but Saint would be used after the directional (if any) and before the name, could Validator look for St in this context?

There is a forum thread with lots of useful custom checks for US: WME Validator localization for US
berestovskyy
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.1 / 25.06.2014

Postby berestovskyy » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:50 pm

25.06.2014 v1.0.1:
- Disabled for IL #52 'Too long street name'
- Disabled for IL #41, #42 'Reverse connectivity'
- Fixed for IL WME Beta
berestovskyy
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby berestovskyy » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:29 am

Added to the F.A.Q.:

Search for a specific username
Validator does support a search for a specific username. Click "search" tab and put a desired username(s) into the "Updated by" field.

For privacy reasons the feature is available for country managers only. Regular users and area managers have "Include only your edits" option instead.
berestovskyy
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby berestovskyy » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:16 pm

The "Updated by" feature was implemented months ago and we agreed that it's for country managers only.

But I still get questions and requests to implement the feature or variables for custom checks, so I decided to add it to the F.A.Q.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
berestovskyy
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.2 / 04.07.2014

Postby berestovskyy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:19 pm

04.07.2014 v1.0.2:
- Complete Hebrew translation thanks to gad_m
- Minor UI changes for right-to-left languages (please report any issues)
- Changed keyboard shortcut to 'Alt+V'

+ Two new external translations:
Note: you need to install them along with the main Validator package using Tampermonkey

Super-mega-cool! Thanks guys!
berestovskyy
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.2 / 04.07.2014

Postby berestovskyy » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:18 am

Few answers:
SuperDave1426 wrote:is there any chance that Validator can be updated to no longer highlight roads with "Unconfirmed turn at node {A|B}" when node {A|B} is a dead end?

Thanks, will be fixed.

qwaletee wrote:Does the keystroke automatically update? Mine had stayed at Shift-W (interfering with Waze's new Shift-W for closing SV) until I manually changed it.

Validator does not save keyboard shortcuts, so I guess it's another script saved that.

bummerdude69 wrote:Is it possiable to identify the geometric nodes (not the end points, but the ones in the middle) that are at 180 degrees?

Thanks, added to my todo list.

mikenit wrote:I will like to see the type of road connected to the A junction?
Is there an variable that expands the type of conected segment?

There is no such a variable and it would be slow to implement and tricky to match. It's better to implement such checks inside the Validator using Javascript, not just regular expressions.

Taco909 wrote:Is there a way to add non-approved speed and RL cameras (or even all cameras) to the custom search feature?

Sorry, at the moment Validator analyze just road segments.

Olestas wrote:It is possible to search just for segments updated by User?

You can use a custom check to highlight all segments and then search for a specific username, i.e.
Template: 1
RegExp: /1/
berestovskyy
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts