Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by berestovskyy
irowiki wrote:I meant, search for segments that aren't set to ground level currently
Validator highlights issues not features. If you're looking for simple highlighting of non-ground segments, you should look somewhere else.

There are might be two issues with elevations:
1. Two segments intersect at the same elevation (it was discussed in this thread before).
2. A segment has non-ground elevation and no intersections (your request).

In both cases to check if a segment intersects with another, we have to compare it with every other segment on the map = very slow. Sorry, it won't be implemented unless we found another solution :(
JoniX3000 wrote:using the Swedish language on WME makes Validator use Spanish instead of Enligsh.
Thanks, will be fixed.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
dbraughlr wrote:Create buckets to divide the map into equal sized squares, say 1 km².
Sure, I meant current map view not the whole map. On zoom levels 4-5 WME map view is about 1 km² in size.
dbraughlr wrote:For each segment on the map, determine which square(s) it crosses and add it (or a portion of it) to the bucket for those square(s).
No doubt those buckets will reduce number of comparisons, but add complexity. And still there are will be thousands of comparisons and the check still will be very slow.

So we're looking at quite slow and complex check here. But what's is the "goal"? Does this non-ground elevation affects TTS or routing?
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
kentsmith9 wrote:I did not see the official list linked to what letters are supposed to be allowed in each country. I assume there is some table?
For US it's just "to". Let me know if you need any other info.

But before you create the wiki page, please have a look at this forum post about Validator "country packs". I plan to extract translations and all country-specific data into separated scripts, so local communities could maintain the lists of exceptions, translations and enable/disable checks on their own.
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:At least OpenLayers has a function for you (Geometry.segmentsIntersect).
Sure, but we disagree on how many times we need to call this function :lol:
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
fvwazing wrote:So you DO check HN, though slow?
Yes I do and no it is not that slow. Last Sunday many people noticed that fwd/revCrossSpeed attributes have disappeared from WME, but there was a new handy attribute hasHNs, so the check was implemented ;)

The check is marked as slow because we have to analyze adjacent segments, but it does not send any requests to the Waze server.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Alan just said this hasHNs attribute was implemented long time ago. I guess I was misled by WME Toolbox "House numbers" highlighting option, which makes server requests to check if a segment has house numbers... :?

Anyway, I noticed and tested this attribute and it worked OK.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
magfro wrote:Why does WME Validator default to Spanish and not English and how do I change that?
Switch WME language to English for now, the bug will be fixed in the next release.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
28.02.2014 v0.7.4:
- UPD 'Too sharp turn at node A/B':
revCon turns are excluded
- UPD for US 'Lowercase street name (with exceptions)'
now the check ignores [ENSW] at the beginning
- Fixed 'Zoom out to start WME Validator' message
- Fixed Spanish in Swedish language
- UPD howto for 'The segment is overlapping'
- Disabled for AU 'More than 55 letters Ramp name'
bobthedog007 wrote:There was a discussion here about segments with the same endpoints causing problems.
It's still in this thread: forum post
ditchi56 wrote:Can you extend it to pick up cases like these, where the road loops round and ends on itself
I'll try to implement it, but no promises.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Timbones wrote:In my testing, the hasHNs attribute is only set to true immediately after editing the house numbers.
Hmm... As I wrote I tested the feature few days ago and it worked fine :? I just tried to reload WME with/without the segment selected and in both cases hasHNs was correctly set to true.

At the moment I see in WME just one line of code with hasHNs and it's just a simple return operator.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Laurentwb wrote:I am wondering if would be possible to get a version that would highlight primary streets that are not locked at level 2.
Sure, will be implemented in the next release for Benelux.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
LeighGr wrote:Here's a segment breaking a couple of validation rules, but is not highlighted by WMEV
Validator does report 'Dead-end U-turn' and 'Soft turns on drivable road' on that segment, but please read below.

At the moment, Validator reports up to 300 segments per issue to save memory. So if you pan around the map for some time and there are more than 300 segments with 'Soft turns' for instance, Validator will stop highlighting soft turns, but will continue to highlight other issues.

When you reach the limit, the clear report button becomes red. If you click the button and start the report over, Validator will highlight soft turns and other issues again.

I'm aware that in some cities you can reach the limit almost instantly (there are too many soft turns or unknown directions), but I have no solution at the moment, sorry :(
berestovskyy
Send a message