The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Shields

Post by txemt
Is there a bug with the shields for highways? I noticed with the last tile update, some highways that were labeled XXX N or XX S had shields and some didn't. I remember a thread a long time ago about the absence of shields on some roads, and whatnot, but has that been figured out?
txemt

POSTER_ID:8943870

Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.

Post by vectorspace
txemt wrote:
vectorspace wrote:I don't see any shields in northern New Mexico!
Looks like a shield to me!!!
That's interesting. Perhaps it's a client issue. I was using an iPad and saw no sheilds in Central NM around Albuquerque on I25 and I40 or any of the other highways.
vectorspace
Send a message
vectorspace

Post by vectorspace
I don't see any shields in northern New Mexico!
vectorspace
Send a message
vectorspace

Post by txemt
jasonh300 wrote:State route shields are typically a white circle (oval) with a black number in it. That's a mapping standard. Unless you have a specialized state map, you're not going to see the shields that states with specialized shields use. I've never seen a Louisiana map with the state shields.
I have. It's the map that had the black cover. Came out in...2003-2004 timeframe. I'm looking around my apt for that map as we speak.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
I was noticing, the other day, that the route shields are wrong, in the State of Texas. I know it's been said that the shields are FUBAR, but will they be fixed in the not so distance future? If that's the case, will they be set to their respective states? For instance:

State highways in Texas are marked with a white square and the number.
State highways in Louisiana are marked with the shape of Louisiana and the number inside the state.
Farm to market (FM) or Ranch to market (RM) roads in Texas are marked in the shape of Texas with the number inside of the state.

I understand the interstates and US highways don't change, but shields do vary from state to state.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
vectorspace wrote:
Join the club! :D

I could post images, too, from my iPad, that show only "I- 25" and no shield. Woonder why the iPad client is not showing shields?
*shrugs*
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
I'm trying to make a liar out of you. :D
txemt
Send a message
Attachments

Post by txemt
vectorspace wrote:I don't see any shields in northern New Mexico!
Looks like a shield to me!!!
txemt
Send a message
Attachments

Post by txemt
Spil wrote: I took a look just for kicks, and found that a lot of I-86 in my area is now shielded again, but parts of it aren't; also, I-390 isn't showing shields here. Again, due to the awesome communication we always get from Waze :roll:, we really don't know what's going on ... but any return of shields is better than none, I suppose. :?
I've noticed that some highways are labeled and some aren't. It also varies on the zoom level, I've noticed.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Yes. It is non functional. Waze is supposed to give us more direct control over shield type and info in a future editor version.
They're starting to appear where they weren't before. I have the first shield in San Antonio since I started using Waze, 3-4 months ago.
txemt
Send a message