Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread

Postby paulkok_my » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:54 am

Zatnikitelman wrote:I seem to have an issue where it doesn't recalculate my route properly and ends up dropping my navigation entirely. Today, I was exiting the highway going home, and when I was at the top of the ramp waiting for the light, it still showed me as being on the highway, but at the location of the bridge, thus it had recalculated my route as if I had continued on the highway. When the light turned and I proceeded across the bridge and the rest of the way home, the app never recalculated instead showing "drive to the indicated route." Now for just going home, this isn't too big a deal, but of course, the ETA is waxed if I was going to pick someone up (this time it occurred close to home, but a previous time, it lost the route as I was just starting), and of course I might need this to navigate somewhere I'm unfamiliar with, and it's unsafe to try and re-engage and/or re-share the navigation once I've begun moving. I may not be where I can stop and re-engage and re-share everything.
Giving your mobile brand, model and OS version will help the developers track the problem. :mrgreen:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
ImageImageImage
Area Manager: Shah Alam / Klang, Southern Region, Malaysia
Send me a Telegram!
Join our FB group: Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah/Sarawak
or Google+ group: Waze in Malaysia on Google+
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Zatnikitelman » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:20 am

DOH! Sorry, I'm normally better at such things.
Samsung Galaxy SII on ATT running Android 4.0.4.
I've learned to trust the ways of Waze!
Zatnikitelman

Postby slandrum » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:40 pm

Zatnikitelman wrote:I seem to have an issue where it doesn't recalculate my route properly and ends up dropping my navigation entirely. Today, I was exiting the highway going home, and when I was at the top of the ramp waiting for the light, it still showed me as being on the highway, but at the location of the bridge, thus it had recalculated my route as if I had continued on the highway. When the light turned and I proceeded across the bridge and the rest of the way home, the app never recalculated instead showing "drive to the indicated route." Now for just going home, this isn't too big a deal, but of course, the ETA is waxed if I was going to pick someone up (this time it occurred close to home, but a previous time, it lost the route as I was just starting), and of course I might need this to navigate somewhere I'm unfamiliar with, and it's unsafe to try and re-engage and/or re-share the navigation once I've begun moving. I may not be where I can stop and re-engage and re-share everything.

This sure sounds like Waze is losing contact with the GPS, and is now relying on the cell information for approximate location.
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 Image
slandrum

Postby eywong » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:57 pm

On the navigation display, Waze displays my ETA as UTC. I am driving local trips in the PST zone, so I must mentally subtract 8 hours from the displayed time. I would like a preference option to display my ETA as a time in UTC, in the destination time zone, or in the local time zone. Thanks.
eywong

Postby slandrum » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:37 pm

Yesterday in my morning drive, I started off with Samantha giving directions, then partway through the drive Samantha went away and I got the non-TTS instructions. Yesterday afternoon Samantha returned, and has been working fine for me today.

I had no trouble with cell connection during the time, but there could have been issues connecting to whatever server supplies the TTS.
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 Image
slandrum

Postby foxitrot » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:05 am

Today at ~8:15 UTC, for n-th time already during last many months, I've experienced a situation, when the crosshair, zoom and orientation buttons disappeared for good. After panning the map a bit, it became static. Some half hour later, after entering and exiting some menus, the map position and orientation again started to match my car icon, but the buttons did not reappear.
I've finished sending some 150 logs a half hour ago.

Sent from a touch display, which took care of perfectly scrambling my thoughts.
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new social Android 4.0.xx.yyy (OP-X LOL-a-popp).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby hey666 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:45 am

Hello there,
Support for the multi-screen feature on Android devices would be nice, also would be nice if the app remembered my choice to remain invisible so i don't have to choose this each time I use the app.
hey666

Postby gerhardstru » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:10 am

jackfaro wrote:Hello there,
Support for the multi-screen feature on Android devices would be nice, also would be nice if the app remembered my choice to remain invisible so i don't have to choose this each time I use the app.

Agreed
gerhardstru

Postby KalTorak_ » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:05 pm

I'm reporting my trouble with English (US) Samantha TTS Including street names...

When using Samantha, I do not get any spoken street names. I have since switched to English (US) Tom TTS including street names... and it seems to be working fine.

Just wondering if anyone else is having this same issue? - Kal
KalTorak_

Postby BrucedTX » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:09 pm

Hi!
I'm currently on a Samsung Note 3. The last few days, about a week or so, I've had trouble with Waze keeping in touch with GPS. Some of the time, I know it's not Waze's issue, as I see the GPS icon blinking, showing it's searching for GPS. But quite often, the GPS Icon shows it's still connected, but Waze shows the litle red icon showing "no gps", and it fails to guide me. As much as I LOVE Waze and Love the concept of crowd-sourcing, I've had to return occasionally to Google Maps, as I get no result from Waze.

While I've not tested this yet, could it be an issue where Waze can't share the GPS with another app? I also have a mileage tracker app that I run at the same time sometimes. I haven't been able to tell if the disconnect happens more often when I'm running both apps yet, but I'll do some research on that. Is that a possibility?

Thanks!
Bruce
(BruceDTX)
BrucedTX

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App