Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by slandrum
I've had Waze share GPS with other apps fine. Waze is much more sensitive than any other app in the sense that it will lose GPS or network connection while all other apps are working fine.
slandrum
Send a message
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png

Post by slandrum
Yesterday again, Samantha vanished and i got routing w/o street names. Then during the drive I got a couple of "... a left on <streetname>" where the beginning was clipped off, then I got full directions for the rest of the drive.

I'm guessing that there are connectivity issues with the server that's doing Samantha, or problems with the server itself, since a number of people seem to be reporting issues in the last few days.
slandrum
Send a message
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png

Post by slandrum
risototh1 wrote:And one more request: Can you please add navigation to coordinates or by selecting the exact place on map? I don't know the address all the time, but i know, where is it on the map... And this will be very helpful.
If you search the forums and read the wiki you will find that you can navigate to coordinates, and you can select a spot on the map and navigate to it.
slandrum
Send a message

Post by slandrum
If Waze directs you the wrong way on a one-way street, that's not an app issue, that a problem with the map. When that happens, please report the problem so that it can be fixed. Click on the Report button, select the map issue icon, then check turn not allowed, and hit send. If you have time, add some text to your report saying what happened. Otherwise an editor will likely contact you with questions to make sure that they know what problem you encountered.
slandrum
Send a message

Post by smiles496
I'm just started using Waze, and I'm running a Samsung Galaxy Pocket Neo GT-S5310. When I try to "Send ETA -> Share Drive", as in this screenshot, I can't actually see what the buttons show (and on some occasions, the map is larger and I can't see the buttons at all).

Unfortunately, the screen doesn't allow for scrolling, so it is impossible to actually send the link. This could be fixed by allowing this screen to scroll where necessary.

Julian
smiles496
Send a message
Attachments

Post by smiles496
Thanks, SocalToe, that is a decent workaround. Would be good if such a trick weren't needed though - scrolling the screen feels more "obvious".

Julian
smiles496
Send a message

Post by smiles496
I reported a problem with two speed cameras close by on the UK forum; posting a link here so it's recorded on the feedback thread:
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=78322
smiles496
Send a message

Post by SocalToe
When you map alternative routes, you see a glimpse of the alternatives

THEN

It zooms way in somewhere and you don't have a clue where you are..........
SocalToe
Send a message
Ed

Post by SocalToe
The

Send
Routes
Go

selections don't show up in portrait mode after picking a place to go to on the

'Ready to Go' screen.

They do show up in landscape.
SocalToe