[Script] WME Validator 1.1.20 / 03.11.2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Validator 0.6.2 (BETA) / 07.02.2014

Postby davielde » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:09 pm

I currently get an indicator that a median u-turn segment is too short when it is actually a one way cross street that intersects with a split road. No direct left turn is enabled from the split road onto the cross street, so it's not technically a u-turn segment. Would it be possible to disable this when the street name of the "u-turn" segment is different from the intersecting road (and not "no street" or "u-turn" as well), when there are more than three segments intersecting at a junction, or some better solution? On tapatalk, so no permalink right now unfortunately.
CM: USA
SM: Michigan, Vermont
AM: Ann Arbor, MI & Thunder Bay, ON
WME Michigan
davielde

Re: parallel paths to the same endpoints

Postby sketch » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:12 am

dbraughlr wrote:Let's consider first a one-way terminal loop.

What is the known navigation error in this situation?
How do you correct it?

I'm not sure what the problem would be on a one-way terminal loop, if any, but knowing which way to go from a dead-end isn't really a problem.

Where I have seen numerous problem reports from segments which share endpoints is with simple parking lots and drive-thrus and simple freeway parking areas. I experienced the first personally in that same location. There have been a few threads on it; I don't have time to dig any of them up right now.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.6.2 (BETA) / 07.02.2014

Postby berestovskyy » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:56 am

myriades wrote:You mean external script-data for validator that will regroup

I was thinking about kind of "language pack", so local communities could maintain the pack on their own (i.e. add/correct translations, add/remove exceptions and enable/disable the checks).

davielde wrote:I currently get an indicator that a median u-turn segment is too short when it is actually a one way cross street that intersects with a split road.

Sorry, I would appreciate a permalink. I'm looking into the code and the situation you describe is impossible :?
berestovskyy

Postby BellHouse » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:05 am

berestovskyy wrote:Further plans
Guys, let me know if you are interested in the following features:

1. User interface internationalization - i.e. translation of buttons, checkboxes, tips etc. on your language. Would it be useful or English is OK?

2. Separating translations from the main script. The main script will be slimmer and faster, while you will be able maintain translations on your own. I suggest to extract the following features:
a) UI translations (optional, see 1)
b) translation of check titles, problem descriptions, howtos and links localization
c) enabling/disabling checks for the country
d) managing exceptions and check parameters

Let me know what you guys think before I start to implement the functionality.
I would also like to hear if the script startup time in v0.6.2 is still an issue for you.

Yes, I think localizations would be helpful, as it would widen the user circle (not every editor is fluent in English). The translations can probably be handled by string lists, which could be fed to you by local persons or groups in each country. In particular, I like the idea of having localized links to wiki/howto references.

About 2c): I suggest to have a default enabled/disabled check list for each country, where each user can then individually edit his list. A reset-to-default functionality should allow fixing screwed-up configurations. ;)

I don't quite understand what 2d) means.
Global Champ / DACH Champ / CM Germany / Self-Management-Team Germany
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby gizmouf » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:28 am

Here is another idea to be discussed (or not :) ): checking average speed on a segment (don't know if you can get it like the Color Highlights script do) and highlight those with excessive speed regarding the road.

I have URs that appears with weird detours being proposed and the explanation seems to be one or several segments with illogical speeds registered. The cause of this is segments that have been re-used and modified, sometimes generating a false average speed.

Like 150 km/h on a ramp (with the Freeway attached to it being limited to 90), and Waze tells the driver to exit the Freeway just to re-enter on it the next ramp (without any trafic jam or whatever on the Freeway).

Since you won't be able to know what the correct speed should be for each segment, you could do a general check and mark all the segments with, for example, a speed over 150 km/h. Or 130 km/h but excluding Freeways. Or whatever seems logical in your country regarding a type of road.

The type of warning is to be determined (orange or red since it affects the routing).
gizmouf
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: parallel paths to the same endpoints

Postby CBenson » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:49 am

sketch wrote:
dbraughlr wrote:Let's consider first a one-way terminal loop.

What is the known navigation error in this situation?
How do you correct it?

I'm not sure what the problem would be on a one-way terminal loop, if any, but knowing which way to go from a dead-end isn't really a problem.

I've seen numerous reports of problems with one-way terminal loops. The problem is that waze ignores the one-way property of the road, so will appear to route either way around the loop. You correct it by putting two extra junctions in the loop.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby fernandoanguita » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:19 pm

Dear Berestovskyy,

I have some small issue on the report of the area on the permalink.

At the end of the report says:
Summary
WME Validator has checked 635 segments and reported 2 errors (3‰) and 8 warnings (13‰).

3% of 635 errors is not 2 errors, and
13% of 635 errors is not 8 errors.

Percentage is being calculated with a big error (Reported percentage is 10 times bigger than real)

As you can see Validator has aloud me to reduce significantly the errors of the area (over 200 when started fixing it, I didn´t check percentage before starting).

I hope you can fix this small issue, it is not a bug, is just a small issue and has nothing to do with the proper functionality of the error detection.

Best regards form Concepción, Chile,
ImageImageImageImageImage
Fernando Anguita Geissbuhler
CM Chile- RM7 Thailand-AM Saudi Arabia
Dudas?? revisa:
WIKI de Latinoamérica.
Como editar Mapas.
Questions ??
Check the wiki first.
fernandoanguita
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby bedo2991 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:27 pm

fernandoanguita wrote:Percentage is being calculated with a big error (Reported percentage is 10 times bigger than real)

Look more carefully to the "percentage" sign in your report: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Por_mil
8:635 = x:1000
x = 8 * 1000 / 635 = 12.60
Francesco
Italian Global Champ
New: Street Vector Layer (SVL)
"Tomorrow we'll discover what our God in heaven has in store" - Les Misérables
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby berestovskyy » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:46 pm

Hi,
‰ means promille (per thousand).

The is a bug introduced in 0.6.1 with "fixed few bugs with new and deleted segments". At the moment Validator reports ~2 times less segments (and hence ~2 times less errors) during the map scan. No problem with the highlighting, i.e. it highlights all of the errors on the map.

The issue will be fixed in the next version. Sorry for the inconveniences.
berestovskyy

Postby fernandoanguita » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:57 pm

bedo2991 wrote:
fernandoanguita wrote:Percentage is being calculated with a big error (Reported percentage is 10 times bigger than real)

Look more carefully to the "percentage" sign in your report: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Por_mil
8:635 = x:1000
x = 8 * 1000 / 635 = 12.60

Oops... !!!!!
You are right, I was not careful enough to look it right. :oops:

Or may be I need glasses :D

Thanks for the quick reply !
Fernando Anguita Geissbuhler
CM Chile- RM7 Thailand-AM Saudi Arabia
Dudas?? revisa:
WIKI de Latinoamérica.
Como editar Mapas.