AndyPoms wrote:Waze has stated that they are working on ways to support Ferry (Fairy) properly. I suggest waiting to write this page until their system comes out.
Also, I've seen serious problems when a Ferry is mapped here in CT - which is why none of ours are mapped at this time.
There are GPS traces that run across Long Island Sound and they get REALLY wide in the middle (just about 5000 meters wide = ~3 miles). I don't think Waze will snap users to that.
Sounds like you saw problems. Can you give a quick summary of the issues for those who may not have seen the threads, or point to the main forum entry that discussed the problems you saw?
It's happened several times - and each time it was shortly after someone added a Ferry route across Long Island Sound (New London, CT <-> Orient Point, NY; Bridgeport, CT <-> Port Jefferson, NY). I'll give one detailed example, but the same general concept happened each time.
- Start trip in Hartford, CT (roughly the middle of the state)
- Set a route to a destination in New London, CT (on the other side of town from the Ferry Terminal)
- Get a REALLY long ETA
- Look at suggested route - find that is was routing me
- From Hartford to New London
- to get on the Ferry to go to New York
- Drive a small loop around Orient Point, NY
- Get back on the Ferry and go back to New London
- Then proceed to the correct destination.
- Cancel route, and re-do ensuring that it didn't select the ferry this time.