These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by SocalToe
smiles496 wrote:I'm just started using Waze, and I'm running a Samsung Galaxy Pocket Neo GT-S5310. When I try to "Send ETA -> Share Drive", as in this screenshot, I can't actually see what the buttons show (and on some occasions, the map is larger and I can't see the buttons at all).

Unfortunately, the screen doesn't allow for scrolling, so it is impossible to actually send the link. This could be fixed by allowing this screen to scroll where necessary.

Julian

Rotate phone 90 degrees so it shows up in landscape mode.........
SocalToe
Send a message
Ed

Post by soxfaninny
Since upgrading to KitKat, the 'Play sound to phone speaker' option does not work properly. I use this so that I can be bluetooth connected to my car for phone, but still be able to hear the voice nav guidance through my phone speaker.

The symptom is that the first part of the guidance, e.g., "In a half-mile.." comes through ok, but then the next part e.g., "turn left" is not heard it all. It just cuts off.

On an extra long guidance instruction, e.g., "In 500 feet, turn left, on state route two oh eight", I only hear "In 500 feet.........eight".

I understand that this might be an Android-related bug, but can't you Waze Devs implement a workaround? This is very annoying and I may have to stop using Waze because of it.

Edit: HTC One, Android 4.4, Verizon USA
soxfaninny
Send a message

Post by speedlever
I'm also having the same issue with voice guidance giving a partial word or phrase, but mostly silent. I think it depends on how long the voice guidance instructions are. Very short (turn left) I totally miss. Sometimes I'll hear half a word.

Seems the routing server has been having issues this week too.

And, adding an intermediate stop, the time and distance to the intermediate stop is wrong... it appears to be giving time and distance to the next turn, or similar, not the intermediate stop.
speedlever
Send a message
OnePlus 3 on AT&T
Android 7.1.1
Waze 4.22.1.0

Post by steveningelbrecht
I've got multiple reports of crashing widget also...
The error provided is :
2014-01-09.png
(151.12 KiB) Downloaded 2058 times
2014-01-09 (1).png
(97.01 KiB) Downloaded 2059 times
steveningelbrecht
Send a message

Post by steveningelbrecht
paulkok_my wrote:
dandaninc wrote:Is there a reason that I don't have the option to post my route to facebook like I used to? The button is no longer there.
It will be helpful if you provide info on your mobile phone model, OS version and the steps you tried to post your route to facebook. ;)

This way other wazers can check whether are they facing the same issue as yours.

So far I do not face the problem sharing my drive via facebook.
On the iOS version it's not there anymore, also on the Android version it's gone, but there you can use a workaround...
steveningelbrecht
Send a message

Post by strice
The turn indicator icon tells me to turn left on my route but I actually never take any lefts the remainder of my trip.

http://imgur.com/a/1cp5k
strice
Send a message

Post by string216
When using the widget, when I click 'drive' to take me to work, it opens up the application, then asks if I am going to work. It should just run my navigation for going to work.

Thanks,
string216
Send a message

Post by string216
Not sure if this should be listed as a bug or new feature, but when I use google now and say 'navigate to 123 main street' and I set Waze as my default navigation, it opens waze and sometimes shows the address I requested. Half the time, it just opens waze and does nothing. Either way, It should set the end point and start navigation.

Moto X on 4.4
string216
Send a message

Post by Touffman
Hi,

Here is a little bug when in 3D view. Here is the scenario to reveal it :
  1. Select a destination to be guided to
  2. Select a point on the map and click on the (i)
  3. Chose "Go" (the arrow)
  4. Chose "Add a Stop"
=> Here it is : return to the map is done using 2D view.
This setting is not saved : at next opening of the app, 3D view (the setting I've chosen) is reapplied.
When selecting "New Drive" at step 4 return to the map is done in 3D view.

Regards.
Touffman
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Twister-UK
HTC One X, Android 4.1.1 (current TMobile-UK build).
  • Select a route via any method.
  • Long-press on the map until the marker pin appears.
  • Tap the info box and select the Go option
  • Select the "Add a Stop" option
On return to the map view, the zoom, recentre and orientation buttons are missing, and long-pressing on the map has no effect. This state persists until the app is reloaded.
Twister-UK
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 2
Send a message
Chris (not to be confused with Chris or Chris, or even Tim, Stu, or any of the other champs team...)
AM SE England & Shetland Islands, UK Local Champ, WME Beta Tester & ScriptMangler
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork

https://chizzum.com/greasemonkey/images/beta.pnghttps://chizzum.com/greasemonkey/images/s0400.pnghttps://chizzum.com/greasemonkey/images/c5s.png