When a road is closed to traffic for long-term construction, after you [[How to handle road closures|close the road]], add "(Closed)" to the end of the road name. For example, "Ramble Dr" would become "Ramble Dr (Closed)".
When a road is under long-term construction, but is not closed, add "(Construction Zone)" to the end of the name. For example, "Tamble St" would become "Tamble St (Construction Zone)". If there is a major lane shift or traffic shift, adjust the geometry of the road to match the current traffic pattern. Do this only if you are able to monitor the area, and readjust the geometry of the road once again once the construction is complete. Remove the "(Construction Zone)" from the name, and be sure to reattach any roads which may have been disconnected.
"(Construction Zone)" should only be used for the following:
* Relatively major, long-term construction (usually lasting at least one month)
* Semi-permanent lane closures or lane shifts (lasting for the duration of the construction)
* Temporary recurring lane closures or lane shifts, if the closures or shifts occur regularly during heavy travel hours (roughly from 6 am to 8 pm)
* Construction with no semi-permanent recurring or lane closures or lane shifts, but where small lane closures and slow-moving construction traffic are common during heavy travel hours
"(Construction Zone)" should '''not''' be used for the following:
* Short-term construction (usually lasting under one month)
* Temporary lane closures or lane shifts, if the closures or shifts occur through the night (for example, between 10 pm and 5 am)
* Construction with no lane closures or lane shifts, even with possible occasional construction traffic
- A construction zone is drivable (connected) with potential delays, hazards, detours including lane closures, and scheduled overnight closures.
- A closed road is not drivable (bridge out, wash out, rebuild, security concerns, etc) and might or might not being undergoing repairs. If permanent, then the road is effectively disconnected.
- Under construction means that a new segment will open in the future as a drivable road but until then, it is not drivable. It could be connected to the roadway with a scheduled restriction.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users