Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

List of errors within editable area

Post by dragon31337
I have a noticeable areas and it does not fit to screen and I have to scroll map around to find possible map issues. And I'm on maximum zoom out possible, that is veeery annoying. SO I have some suggestions to improve usability:

1) I would love to have an option to have a list off errors which are within my editable area, lick on it and jump right to the place.
2) And it would be useful to get an option to hid a problem for me because I can't fix it due to low rank for example.
3) And another useful option is to report an issue to "area manager". I have 3 issues which required 5th rank to solve (1 turn, some ramps, etc)
dragon31337

POSTER_ID:16863443

Send a message

Post by davielde
Once you've built up some editing experience, read the wiki, and know why certain things need to be fixed; there is a certain script in particular that would handle both #1 and #2 for your visible area, not necessarily the entire editable area. Never start using scripts for making changes unless you would otherwise know how to correct something unaided though.

For #3, you can post in the appropriate "Unlock and Update Requests" forum for your country. Just follow the forum rules, and someone can eventually unlock segments or correct the issue for you.
davielde
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
CM: USA
SM: Michigan, Vermont
AM: Ann Arbor, MI & Thunder Bay, ON
WME Michigan

Post by davielde
Dragon31337 wrote:You must me misunderstood my question. I'm not looking for a map validator, I'm looking for a tool which will show road problems (round marks with exclamation signs) to fix on the map... Those which are generated by the system, i.e. when wazers do not follow suggested route too often...
WME shows these by default for your editable area. Just make sure that your "Map Problems" layer is enabled. There is nothing currently available for *all* of your area though, just the visible area.

You might try posting a request in the Validator script thread since it should be possible to include MPs in that report.
davielde
Send a message
WME Michigan

Post by davielde
MGODLEW wrote:I believe there is a new script that is being tested that could show all UR's & MP's in ones area. No idea when and if it will be released though.
There was a script posted in the French forums yesterday that accomplishes this objective. I'm not sure if it was the one that you referenced, but it searches for everything in your editable area without having to pan around.

Perhaps this could get a little more visibility in the main script forum:
[Script] WME UR-MP Tracking
davielde
Send a message
WME Michigan

Post by dragon31337
What are the scripts you mention? Is that a grace monkey script?
I'm already read a lot, but mu current level and area do not allow to grow fast. =(
dragon31337
Send a message

Post by dragon31337
I still did not get how to list road problems which are within my editable area... I have to spend lots of time scrolling over the interstates and roads to find road problems to resolve. And that is really annoying.
Can you explain me how to get a such a list? I've looked through the scripts you mentioned and some are really useful, but there is no described functionality in all of them.
Areas tab does not help because I have a single area which like a huge octopus and I have to explore all it tentacles....
dragon31337
Send a message

Post by dragon31337
You must me misunderstood my question. I'm not looking for a map validator, I'm looking for a tool which will show road problems (round marks with exclamation signs) to fix on the map... Those which are generated by the system, i.e. when wazers do not follow suggested route too often...
Errors reported by Validator are reasonable, but have differ from those marked by system...
dragon31337
Send a message

Post by dragon31337
Thanks, that works! Unfortunately there is no "show in editable area" filter for map problems... Hopefully developer will add it soon, because there is such option of user requests.
dragon31337
Send a message

Post by iainhouse
Lists of problems within an AM area have been asked for several times, but no sign of anything from Waze, I'm afraid. :(

However there is a tool you can use: LMUR (Livemap UR Layer). This will allow you to see URs and/or MPs on the Livemap, where you can zoom out to a much wider view. It also has many filtering options to control which URs you see. I believe it will also currently only show URs within your editable area(s), so you don't have to worry about ones you can't deal with. The only minor inconvenience is that you can't click on the UR to jump straight to the editor - you have to center it in the screen and then click on "Edit the map".

Just to give you an idea of what can be done with this tool, I use the LMUR and the Livemap to monitor the entire United Kingdom for URs - regularly scanning the country to find & deal with old URs in areas that have no Area Manager or regular editors.
iainhouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... c4/AGC.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/s2000.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/c6.png
My scripts: WME FixUI WME Presets :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season

Post by irowiki
As a recently new(ish) editor I can vouch that the WME Validator is the good stuff:

viewtopic.php?f=819&t=76488
irowiki
Send a message