Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

contribute to wiki catalog of plugins, extensions, and tools

Post by dbraughlr
I refactored the catalog in the wiki of Community Plugins, Extensions, and Tools.

The general concepts driving this refactoring are to present the information in a consistent format across all script entries, to avoid explaining for each entry how to load JavaScript extensions for various browsers, and to make the catalog easier to scan.

I ask for a volunteer who is familiar with the requirements and instructions for various browsers for downloading, installing, and executing scripts.

Please review and edit the [[Community_Plugins,_Extensions_and_Tools#Browser_requirements|"Browser requirements"]] section (or post details here and I'll update the page). I have sketched in a framework at the start of the page for this purpose.

Notes:
  • At present there is only one entry which uses ''Stylish'' (and perhaps that is all there ever should be), thus I did not attempt to produce independent (normalized) instructions for this.
  • I endeavored to provide basic categorization of the scripts but left taxonomy for another time.
dbraughlr

POSTER_ID:16783633

Send a message

Post by iainhouse
It looks very good. :mrgreen:

Might I suggest that the Wiki page should not include download links, though? I think most or all of the individual forum topics for these scripts maintain a current download link in their first post. If the link appears in the Wiki as well, it will need to be updated in 2 places when it changes.

I also think it would be better to lead editors into reading the relevant topic about the thread, rather than just downloading it from the Wiki page and jumping in.
iainhouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... c4/AGC.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/s2000.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/c6.png
My scripts: WME FixUI WME Presets :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season

Post by kentsmith9
dbraughlr wrote:I refactored the catalog in the wiki of Community Plugins, Extensions, and Tools
It looks really good. Nice work on that.

I also put a post in the Wiki forum leading back to this thread if there are recommendations for changes to this Wiki page. I think this is a better forum for that page in particular.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
iainhouse wrote:Might I suggest that the Wiki page should not include download links, though? I think most or all of the individual forum topics for these scripts maintain a current download link in their first post. If the link appears in the Wiki as well, it will need to be updated in 2 places when it changes.

I also think it would be better to lead editors into reading the relevant topic about the thread, rather than just downloading it from the Wiki page and jumping in.
If I can paraphrase to confirm your suggestion. Have the wiki link to the appropriate entry of the thread with the current download links to have only one point of maintenance. That will also give them the more detailed info on the tool.

I think that is a good idea.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
We are still linking directly to download pages, however I believe most (or all) of them lead to landing pages that have the latest link, so this may not be required to maintain the current link. I would still help ensure people use the tool correctly and appropriately.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by tonestertm
I was going to say the same thing. It looks great, now. Thanks for that!
Wish I could help with your request. :(
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/y7f2gsiomkpxbe6/CA_SM_Rocket_Shear_Alpha_50.png?dl=0
ARC for SW Region, USA
Global Champ, US Local Champ
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!