Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Radars

Post by AndyGFLees
Maybe someone who speaks good English and French can translate this and put it in the French forum for me.

I am a Beta tester for the new version of Waze and it clear that the next version of Waze is likely to have Warning Zones for radars instead of the actual position of the Radar. This is obviously disappointing for many of us.

I do not want to put this topic in the Beta forum as it is nothing to do with the functionality of the program, only a possible company decision to conform to the French governments requests and/or possible legal problems.

However, there are two points that I would like to make. Firstly, when talking to a Gendarme recently she said that Waze is currently legal. Secondly, although future versions may not allow you to set the exact point of a radar, you can set the exact point of a hazard. Together with some text for the hazard this could easily be interpreted as a radar hazard.
AndyGFLees

POSTER_ID:16854723

Send a message

Post by Demagogue2
andygflees wrote:Maybe someone who speaks good English and French can translate this and put it in the French forum for me.

I am a Beta tester for the new version of Waze and it clear that the next version of Waze is likely to have Warning Zones for radars instead of the actual position of the Radar. This is obviously disappointing for many of us.

I do not want to put this topic in the Beta forum as it is nothing to do with the functionality of the program, only a possible company decision to conform to the French governments requests and/or possible legal problems.

However, there are two points that I would like to make. Firstly, when talking to a Gendarme recently she said that Waze is currently legal. Secondly, although future versions may not allow you to set the exact point of a radar, you can set the exact point of a hazard. Together with some text for the hazard this could easily be interpreted as a radar hazard.
Traduction :
Je suis un bêta-testeur de la nouvelle version de Waze et il est probable qu'il y ait des zones d'avertissement des radars au lieu de la position réelle des radars sur la prochaine version de Waze. C'est évidemment décevant pour beaucoup d'entre nous.

Je ne veux pas mettre ce sujet dans le forum Beta car il n'a rien à voir avec la fonctionnalité du programme, seulement à une éventuelle décision de l'entreprise de se conformer aux demandes et/ou des problèmes juridiques possibles de la part du gouvernement français.

Cependant, il y a deux points que je voudrais aborder. Tout d'abord, j'ai parlé à une Gendarme récemment, elle m'a dit que Waze est actuellement légal. Deuxièmement, bien que les versions futures peuvent ne pas vous permettre de définir la position exacte d'un radar, vous pouvez définir le point exact d'un danger. Avec un peu de texte dans l'alerte, il est assez simple de signaler un risque de radar.
Demagogue2
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
GC Fr / L6 /\ Huawei P30 / Android 10 / BouyguesTelecom / Waze ß /\ Chrome PC

Post by Demo892003
andygflees wrote:Firstly, when talking to a Gendarme recently she said that Waze is currently legal. Secondly, although future versions may not allow you to set the exact point of a radar, you can set the exact point of a hazard. Together with some text for the hazard this could easily be interpreted as a radar hazard.
I'm surprised for this first point, because in france it's illegal to reported exact position of a radar !!

But perhaps the policeman did not know all the current function of waze...
Demo892003
Answers: 1
Send a message
Demo892003 -
Country Manager France / Regional Manager Normandie
Waze Android
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/204 ... 4x1024.png@WazeNormandie

Post by gizmouf
We are already aware of all of this and there is not much we can do for now.
gizmouf
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by no1ne
Topic locked

Wathever about beta should stay in beta forum or centercode

Tout sur la beta reste dans le forum beta ou sur centercode
no1ne
Send a message
Localize Waze

Vous voulez adapter Waze dans une langue (régionale) non supportée contactez moi