Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by berestovskyy
pumrum wrote:Street name or alternate street name ends in 'Exd' or any case variant
In the latest 0.9.0 you can use a custom check (Settings->custom):
Template: ${street}
RegExp: / exd$/i

And those names will be immediately highlighted for you.

If we create a dedicated check, I suggest we check at least few incorrect abbreviations, not just Exd.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
pumrum wrote:that should work for me in the interim.
You can add the rest of abbreviations:
Template: ${street}
RegExp: / (Cntr|Exd|La|Plc|Rvr|Tnpk|Wy)$/i

You can also click Settings->About->Wizard and generate a localization package for US, copy those template and RegExp into one of the checks #130-#134 (forum post with an example) and share the package with other US editors ;)
BellHouse wrote:I suggest moving them to a dedicated Validator tab, like other extensions do:
You are right, the space is limited in "Me" tab, so one day I'll ought to move it somewhere.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Fabianotkd wrote:Too short U-turn connector (slow) (#79)
I noticed that in this case Validator doesn't report both segment.
https://www.waze.com/it/editor/?zoom=8& ... =243691492
Validator reports #79 at H-shaped intersections with no left/right connections (i.e. when just 3 segments connected to a single node). The permalink you provided is not such an intersection and the U-turn might be disabled deliberately, so Validator does not report it.

The U-turn nearby is reported: permalink
lg1992 wrote:I want to define a custom rule to mark segments with undefined elevation.
Sorry, I just noticed the elevation is converted into a number, so try to match undefined elevations with NaN (not a number). It will be fixed in the next version.

You can add D at the beginning of RegExp (D/NaN/) and then check a JS console for debug log.
lg1992 wrote:my custom rule defeated other rules
It's not a bug. Custom checks have higher priority than the notes/warnings/errors. IMO if you're looking for something special it's more important than the rest of Validator checks.
lg1992 wrote:BTW, it would be nice to allow naming the custom checks.
Once your custom check is ready, you can click Settings->About->Wizard button and generate your own localization pack (specify EN language to skip translations).

At the moment checks #130-134 are reserved for the custom checks, so you should add the following lines into the package:

Code: Select all

"130.enabled": true, // to enable check #130
"130.severity": "warning", // to set the severity
"130.title": "Undefined elevation", // check name
"130.problem": "The segment has undefined elevation", // optional description
"130.problemLink": "http://...", // optional link
"130.solution": "Set the elevation to Ground", // optional solution
"130.solutionLink": "http://...", // optional link to detailed instructions
"130.params": {
  "template": "${elevation}", // paste your template here
  "regexp": "NaN", // paste your RegExp here
},
The localization package is a ready to install Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey script, so you just copy the whole package into the clipboard, then click Tampermonkey->Add a new script and paste your package there. Save, reload WME. Here is the post with the detailed instructions: forum post

You can also share your localization package with other editors. The package might be hosted on userscripts.org, so once you update the package, the rest of the editors will get the update as well.

It might sound a bit complicated, so do not hesitate if you have any questions! ;)
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Fabianotkd wrote:
lg1992 wrote:No success with NaN rule for the elevation. Debugging also doesn't help - JS console only shows "RegExp: /NaN/ -> skip the segment".
But this should be a general problem, I think. Validator has always to this problem. Could the next release implement this warning?
There is a check #116 "Out of range elevation", but I never saw a segment with undefined elevation :? Once you provide me a permalink to a segment with undefined elevation, the check will be implemented.

Regarding the debug log. There are two lines: string and RegExp. String - it's an expanded template.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
22.03.2014 v0.9.2:
- Updated #116 'Out of range elevation' for null elevations
- New option 'Report external highlights'
This option turns on/off Toolox/WMECH reporting. Validator saves the option across sessions.

- other minor changes (custom checks debug log, conversion, styles etc)
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Jay91150 wrote:the script reports items which start inside my area of responsibility but end outside.
[...]
is there a way to get the script to validate without me staying in that browser tab?
Validator stops scanning when I switch to another browser tab
Drag Validator's tab out to create a new window. Do not minimize it, just switch back to the original window.

Validator reports issues outside of my editable areas
Please make sure "Exclude non-editable segments" filter option is checked.
Note: Validator consider a segment as an editable if you are allowed to change segment's properties AND change turns at both nodes. If a node is not loaded into WME (i.e. out of the screen OR current zoom level is 0-3), Validator assumes the node is EDITABLE.

Source: Validator F.A.Q.
Jay91150 wrote:can the default settings be changed in future releases so that sounds are off
Ok, will be of by default in the next release.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Jay91150 wrote:I guess it's the "off the screen" part of the issue
I'm sure it is. I think we can split 'Soft turns' into two checks for node A and B, so Validator will not report soft turns at off-screen nodes.
atomicdecay wrote:So I just did a little more testing.
Sorry, can't reproduce :( Validator never changes segment's properties, but I heard some other scripts do "mask" null elevations.

Could you please provide a permalink to the intersection so I'll check the issue? Thanks!
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Sorry :( Null elevations will be temporarily disabled in the next release. At the moment you can disable the check manually:

1. Select "search" tab.
2. Paste the following line in the "Reported as" filed:

Code: Select all

!116,*
Meaning: highlight and report everything but the check #116.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
25.03.2014 v0.9.3:
- Complete Spanish translation of UI and checks.
Languages: Español, Español América Latina and Galego
Many thanks to robindlc and fernandoanguita!

- CHECKS REVIEW:
I'm reviewing all the checks, removing unused, merging similar checks, adding params to some checks, splitting nodes A/B etc. So in this release:
Removed: #9, #11, #12, #75, #106 (duplicate/unused)
Added params to:
#52 'More than ${n} letters long street name'
#112 'More than ${n} letters long Ramp name'

- Check parameters are listed now in
'Settings->About->Available checks'
- Disabled nulls in #116 'Out of range elevations'

- Added Andorra as an alias for Spain
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Hi!
BellHouse wrote:Is there a way to highlight segments which carry an alternate street name?
Sorry, alt. names are not available in the template at the moment. Since there might be few alt. street/city names, I'm not sure how to represent them in one string.

Any ideas?
berestovskyy
Send a message