Voice Commands reference (old) + New "OK WAZE"

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Voice Commands reference

Postby DC3Dreamer » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:26 am

pvaladares wrote:All current available commands can be found at \Waze\asr_cmd in Android platform.

I don't have a Waze directory.
DC3Dreamer

Re: Voice Commands reference (NA only)

Postby dborn62 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:36 pm

What about other languages (such as french)?
I live in Montreal, Quebec and most all street names are in french and the text-to-speach has a terrible time at trying to pronounce those french names in english. As I don't have any problem with either language, I switched the text and speech to french and it's much more understandable now!
However, when I try to give it a voice command, it doesn't seem to understand anything anymore. I tried both english and french words/phrases and nothing get recognized.
dborn62

Postby Danny036 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:51 pm

This is very helpful while driving to use voice command, thanks for the tips
Danny036

Voice Commands - Network not connected

Postby DamonZ28 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:53 pm

I've been an avid Waze user for years, but just tried using Voice Commands yesterday. No matter what I try, when I attempt to use voice commands I get an immediate error message that says "Network not connected." I get this error message, regardless if I'm connected to my home wireless network, or my USCC data network. I can type & search just fine, and I can route to anywhere I need to go, so I know I have a network connection. But for some reason, voice commands and voice search will not work. Any ideas? I've tried disconnecting bluetooth, but that doesn't seem to change anything.

Waze Android 4.32
Samsung Galaxy S8
DamonZ28

Postby cigator » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:05 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
cigator wrote:The only voice command that I can get to work is drive. I have tried "switch off" and it never recognizes the command. Am I missing something?

Due to noisy cars, voice commands rarely work without the use of a headset or in-car BT integration.

I have my phone paired to a Motorola Roadster BT transceiver, so my voice should be picked up with that, not the phones microphone. Seems like a software bug.
cigator

Postby cigator » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:35 pm

The only voice command that I can get to work is drive. I have tried "switch off" and it never recognizes the command. Am I missing something?
cigator

Postby chriscompo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:08 pm

We need Voice activation to like "OK Waze, report, confirm report. Report not there" and more

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
chriscompo

Postby chriscompo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:04 pm

We need new and better voice commands with full phone and text options, possibly Google now integration! Across all platforms

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
chriscompo

Postby Chris_DeSantis » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:07 pm

Ankh-Morpork wrote:I'm having a lot of trouble using voice commands.

You're not the only one. My experience usually goes like this:

Me: Three finger tap. wait 5 seconds for the microphone to turn green
Waze: How can I help?
Me: Vehicle stopped on shoulder
Waze: One more time?
Me: Vechicle stopped on shoulder!
Waze: Couldn't hear you. Try again.
Me: VEHICLE STOPPED ON SHOULDER, YOU @#$%* COW!!!
Waze: Cancelled

By this time, of course, I'm two miles down the road and the issue is moot. This is just an example; I'm quite aware that some folks don't care for the vehicle stopped notification, but here in Maine where roads are narrow and winding, I find them very useful.
Chris_DeSantis

Re: Voice Commands reference (old) + New "OK WAZE"

Postby callumjp » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:45 pm

LewisBriskin wrote:When I enabled the new feature by talking to Waze with "ok Waze". My audio system in the 2017 Forester freezes. Nothing works. I have to shut down Waze, turn off radio, go back into Waze and disable the feature of "ok Waze" and then all is normal. I tried to use it a number of times and the same thing happens. It did not matter whether I was using bluetooth or USB.

Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

I’m having a similar problem with my 2016 Skoda Fabia. Because I have set Waze to operate through the vehicle’s Bluetooth system, “Ok Waze” seems to disable everything else from working, as though it is keeping the mic free to be permanently listening for my voice input.

This isn’t how Siri works - so what’s wrong? I’ve disabled “Ok Waze” for the time being, because I want to be able to listen to my music and accept incoming phone calls; but having “Ok Waze” turned on isn’t allowing me to do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
callumjp

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App