Speedcam and speed control

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Re: Speedcam and speed control

Postby amartseg » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:50 am

+1 To this initiatives.
I would add the possibility to chose to add a small icon with the speed limit of the way in the screen.
Specially in Spain there's not very much speed limit signals, so sometimes you don't know which is in the way you are.
Thank you very much.
amartseg

Speedcam and speed control

Postby Armandfumal » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:12 pm

HI,

It would be very helpfull to have a real notification with specific sound and big red popup that announce the control...
like http://www.coyotesystems.co.uk/

because today, the alert of radar control is not enougth loudly and visualy, you can miss it.

regards
Armandfumal

Postby corgold » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:56 pm

+1

I absolutely encourage you to add this feature. Just last week I got a speeding ticket because I was accelerating to overtake a car. I did not get an acoustic warning but when I had a look at the screen I saw the speed cam icon.
And to raise the point from the previous community member, here in Germany, we have more and more speed cams which have a dynamic speed limit and they work according to the limit which is set at the moment.
Cheers
cornelius
corgold

Postby Dario91ASR » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:52 pm

+1

i think waze need to alarm everytime we're close to a speedcamera. because now it sounds only when your speed is higher than the limit, but if i don't hear any camera speed alert i can think that there aren't none of them, and unfortunately i can increase my speed when then i'm too close to the camera and it would be so late to slow down.

in my opinion waze would do better to, EVERYTIME, alert you with the voice that you're getting close to a speed camera, such as "pay attention, you're getting close a speed camera" (i'm italian, so i don't know how it sounds in english, but that's not the point of my tip).

then if your speed is higher than limit it can tell you with voice "pay attention, you're getting close to a speed camera" as well, but you can add a continuos beep until you decrease your speed.
so it would be, in the case your speed is too high, "beep, beeep, beep, beep, pay attention, you're getting close to a speed camera, beep, beep, beep, beep, pay attention, you're getting close to a speed camera, beep beep"... when you slow down it would stop beeping.

so the voice alerts you everytime, and if you wanted to accelerate you won't do that.
and if you hear a continuos beep you can get your speed is too high until you won't hear anymore the beep.

hope you got what i mean.
Dario
Dario91ASR

Postby Huvince » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:30 pm

+1 for several reasons
* Where the authorities have lowered the speed limit and that the map's editors have not still had time to update the database. (lived)
* In the case of a smog alert. The speed limit is lowered from 120 to 90 km / h. Waze doesn't generate a warning noise if you drive 110 km / h, for example, but you will be flashed. Because the police authorities have the capability to remotely control their radars
* Idem for France, where according to climate conditions, the speed limit on freeways changes from 130 to 110 km / h
* Or just for a visual check that the radar is always present
Huvince

Postby jambo21xyz » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:40 pm

+1

- please let us choose the type of notification ( and even if we under the speed limit)
- give us the possibility to show the speed limit at all time
- the (gps) speed measurement is not reliable when we are going uphill or downhill ( the common position for a speed cam )
jambo21xyz

Postby karlacio » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:25 pm

+1

it's some years that I'm using waze and I never hear an alarm when approaching a speed trap even if I'm going faster than the limit.
It's inconceivable that waze is miss this feature.
karlacio

Postby Mesonus » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:50 pm

+1 for more control options for speed alerts

There are several situations on my routes, where you come from a segment with lower speed and you reach a a segment with a speed cam where higher speed is allowed. So you never get an acoustic notification but if you accelerate to much, the speed cam will get you.
Again and again we have user requests around speed cams with "alert is not working", not only on those with the described situation. So a client option - as paial requested - with speed cam alert "Always" and "Only if you're above speed limit" would be nice.

Thx
ImageImage Image Image Image
AM zwischen Hannover und Hameln ~ Country Manager
Mesonus
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby MGODLEW » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:29 pm

I believe something like this has already been suggested before. As far as loudness, you might want to look into purchasing an external speaker for your mobile device
Rank 5 US Champ & Waze Mentor | PA Forum | PA Wiki | Waze FAQ | iPhone 5s: JB iOS 7.0.6 |
Area Managing: State of Pennsylvania
MGODLEW
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby MGODLEW » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:09 pm

Rank 5 US Champ & Waze Mentor | PA Forum | PA Wiki | Waze FAQ | iPhone 5s: JB iOS 7.0.6 |
Area Managing: State of Pennsylvania
MGODLEW
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Next

Return to Waze App Feature Requests