Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by stephenstrath
I will just note that the black bar present at the top of the Appradio seems to be the exact dimensions as the status bar that would be present on the phone.(the bar with displayed time, battery percent, cellular reception, ect.) Perhaps when the image is being mirrored from the iphone to the Appradio the developers did not account for that extra few dimensions. I really really would like to hear a reply to this message from someone with some acknowledgement, as everything I write seems to fall on deaf ears.
stephenstrath
Send a message

Post by stephenstrath
So with every post I have made about the Appradio issues, not once has anyone from Waze or a Waze "Champ" acknowledged that this issue has been recorded and someone is working on it. Obviously Waze doesn't give a fuck about its users and like iv'e ended all my messages with, my reports fall on deaf ears. Whether I post here or I send my logs, I here no reply, I have never seen a company undervalue its users so much. Waze has the potential to be a great app, too bad the support and lack of communication or acknowledgement of its problems ruins that completely. Honestly at my wits ends with Waze. You guys are doing a great job at running this app into the ground
stephenstrath
Send a message

Post by stephenstrath
I wish I had any information, but I don't. There is at least one champ who uses appradio and has commented on posts and threads before. Unfortunately, appradio users are pretty rare and so the amount of development time spent on it is likely pretty small. You can still use Waze without appradio and that is how the vast majority of users interact with Waze. Similar with Blackberry and other old phone OSes having support dropped, Waze has to focus their efforts on those features which affect the majority of their userbase.
Well thank you for at least replying. I was beginning to think my posts were invisible. A large part of my extreme frustration was not receiving acknowledgment of my posts/reports to the development team. I do understand that Appradio users comprise a small group of users. Although when I could be using the 7" screen to display Waze, compared to the 3" on the phone, I most defiantly am frustrated when it doesn't work (especially since Waze currently advertises compatibility with external displays). This may be more of Pioneers issue, but when you visit their Appradio website or watch one of their commercials, you are bombarded with images and video with Waze running on the unit, a bit of false advertisement when it doesn't properly run. The issue of not being to scroll I understand has been noted and there is a fix being worked on. But what bothers me more is the map not filling the screen.(skinny black bar present at the top of the appradio) This should be an easy enough fix because it relates to the iphones status bar at the top of the phone. When Waze is displayed on the phone the map dimensions are calculated according to allow the status bar with the time, battery and cellular reception to display. When the image is mirrored to the Appradio the status bar is not present and therefore just a black dead space is displayed above the map. I hope the developers could perhaps have a few lines of code that tells the image to display that extra few dimensions when "control waze from car unit" is checked under settings. And again its not the fact that these bugs exist, I understand bugs happen, I just wish there were a list of all known issues/bugs somewhere, then I at least would know someone was attempting to squash them. I will again include a image of where the status bar is omitted and the black dead space is on the Appradio. I hope this information makes it to the developers.

Thanks for at least replying.
stephenstrath
Send a message
Attachments

Post by The_Internet
Its SLOW (very SLOW), the app lags like hell. It was fine with the previous version. Now I can't use it (really).
How can i downgrade?
The_Internet
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by trintrax
mikeselinfo wrote:Is anyone else having an issue when trying to view friends scores? It constantly tells me to connect Facebook.. I've done this several times, an even tried removing/reinstalling the app. I can view my list of friends, just can't view then under the scores tables. :s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same problem here.

trintrax
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
STILL THE SAME ISSUES.. On Iphone 4S 6.1.0 ... The new terms of service popped up ... NOT ONCE.. BUT TWICE and I had no way to dismiss. Then the voice automatically changed to RIDE ALONG... AND STILL.. WHEN there is a POPUP, it either dims the map is a highlight, and then goes back to the correct location with the dimmed map still there or is stuck at the popup location and never reverts to current location. I am SICK OF THEM.. stop releasing new features until you FIX the issues that have been reported for several versions!!!
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
They need to fix issues rather then adding new ones.
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
Still getting stuck When a popup report happens. Are they ever going to fix?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
I was having the dimming problem and freezing on popup location issue but for the past week I have been getting no popups at all except a geico ad or who of my friendS are driving or red light cameras. What is causing this? I have popup reports and badges set to groups I follow and report radius set to 5 miles. if I look at All reports there are a lot but no popups. why?
unlimitedsounds
Send a message
Last edited by unlimitedsounds on Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by unlimitedsounds
davipt wrote:
unlimitedsounds wrote:STILL THE SAME ISSUES.. On Iphone 4S 6.1.0 ... The new terms of service popped up ... NOT ONCE.. BUT TWICE and I had no way to dismiss. Then the voice automatically changed to RIDE ALONG... AND STILL.. WHEN there is a POPUP, it either dims the map is a highlight, and then goes back to the correct location with the dimmed map still there or is stuck at the popup location and never reverts to current location. I am SICK OF THEM.. stop releasing new features until you FIX the issues that have been reported for several versions!!!
Disable Group alerts for now, as a work around.

group alerts aren't even popping up any more. neither are any alerts. are you saying to turn off group alerts and it be will bring back the other alerts?
unlimitedsounds
Send a message