Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by unlimitedsounds
I'd rather use something else without alerts
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
davipt wrote:
unlimitedsounds wrote:I'd rather use something else without alerts
I understand your feeling, I also feel frustrated for the longevity and severity of this bug, but complaining more just for the sake of complaining won't help anyone. Client development is hard, weird bugs are hard, and waze is trying hard to solve it. Just mentioned a possible way that solved it for me and my wazers, even if by sacrificing other features. Take it or ignore it.
I'm not getting any popup reports short of traffic cams and advertising. so I guess I am ok for now but it's been too long without a fix.
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
New issue... I start the app and unless I press the round button (on left side of screen) that tells the program to use the gps to find my location, it doesn't find me and display the car icon and show my location. Once I press that button. All is ok. Shouldn't this be automatic?
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
mine switches voices too
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
Yea.. the program went from great to almost unuseable.
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
Since I've reported the pop up issue a while back, it appears most popups are gone.. Anyone else see this?
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
I'm now having issues where I will be sitting in my driveway and ease will ask me if I am on my way home.. Why is it asking me thus when I'm already home?
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
Where did popup notifications go? I only get traffic and redlight cameras and advertising not anything from my groups or x number of miles.. Did they disable them because they we're getting stuck?
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
Just a comment..... I post issues that I am having and it appears they never get resolved... Like no more popups.. ETC.... It seems like a lot of other post here without a fix happening. Does anyone from WAZE read the forum?
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by VapeTheBud
Still not fixed. I have the app running on iOS 7.0.4 now, and while driving the app will give me directions but won't alert me when a red light camera, police or accident is reported ahead. It only works fully if the app is shown on screen, but if it's in the background only directions are given. This happened on iOS 6 as well for me. This has been like this for months now, and I'm not using waze again until a fix is out.

And yes, I have App Background Refresh on, and waze is turned on for it :)
VapeTheBud
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
iPhone 6s - iOS 9.3.1 | Always latest Waze version