[Script] WME Validator 1.1.19 / 04.06.2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: WME Toolbox

Postby dbraughlr » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:38 pm

sketch wrote:Toolbox helps to some extent, but having to comb at Zoom 4 to load street type segments takes much, much longer than a Zoom 0 or 1 scan.

It sounds like a fix to Toolbox would be the best. Toolbox should allow the entry of some selection criteria and along with suitably limiting criteria, a scan over a wider area.
dbraughlr

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.7.1 (BETA) / 20.02.2014

Postby sketch » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:54 pm

Toolbox does not "scan" at all; it can only see what I can edit at a given zoom. The scan feature is Validator's great strength over other plugins, and it would be uniquely suited to this particular task. Not to mention it'd be a trivial addition to Validator, whereas adding a scanner to Toolbox would be a big change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:37 pm

SuperDave1426 wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The blue Note reminder was added because there are often old construction zones for which the segment named never were changed back. I found two yesterday in different areas which I wouldn't have found before without this feature.

This was lit up in red complaining about no inward/outward connectivity, which really kinda made it stand out. Blue would have been less annoying. :-)

Example.

Ah! So, it wasn't red because of CONST ZN, but because of the connectivity issue.

Perhaps there should be an exception for the inward connectivity for segments which are marked CONST ZN then. That way, if happened upon or in a scan, they are "caught" and user alerted for the CONST ZN with a BlueNote and not the more serious RedNote.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby SuperDave1426 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:18 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:This was lit up in red complaining about no inward/outward connectivity, which really kinda made it stand out. Blue would have been less annoying. :-)

Example.

Ah! So, it wasn't red because of CONST ZN, but because of the connectivity issue.

Perhaps there should be an exception for the inward connectivity for segments which are marked CONST ZN then. That way, if happened upon or in a scan, they are "caught" and user alerted for the CONST ZN with a BlueNote and not the more serious RedNote.

Yea, something like that. The odd thing is that it used to light up, then the change was made that any road marked with CONST ZN wouldn't be checked (or whatever it actually was) and then that road stopped showing up highlighted. Then out of the blue it light up that way.

Hopefully something can be adjusted. :-)
ImageImageImageImage
Country Manager: USA (mostly oriented around NV & CA)
Editor Guide Best Editing Practices Editor Quick-start
Places Guidelines Nevada Wiki
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.7.0 (BETA) / 19.02.2014

Postby ituajr » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:08 am

berestovskyy wrote:19.02.2014 v0.7.0:
- UPD 'No connection at node A/B': exclude non-editable segments filter option

Update for my example at https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat=-34.647&lon=139.27546&env=row&layers=813 (where Gerschwitz Rd ends outside my editable area, adjacent to but not connected to an unidentified road).

a) When I go to that location and pan a little, the "Show Report" box turns brown and the message above it says "Click 'Show report' to review map issues". When I click "Show report", nothing happens - no new tab, no visible result.

b) If I click on Gerschwitz Rd, I get "WME Validator reports: SLOW: No connection at node A" - the report that I hoped would be suppressed by the "exclude non-editable segments" feature. (I also get "soft turns" on Gerschwitz Rd, but I don't want to touch that while we're investigating.)

I'm using Validator 0.7.1 on Chrome.
Attachments
No connection.JPG
No connection.JPG (81.58 KiB) Viewed 1676 times
50000 km driven with Waze, 2008 km paved.
ituajr
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby berestovskyy » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:30 am

CBenson wrote:
berestovskyy wrote:- NEW for ALL: 'More than 55 letters Ramp'

I'm curious as to where the guidance for this check comes from.

It comes from the suggestion in this thread: forum post No objections, so the check is implemented.
Let me know if the check should be disabled for US.

SuperDave1426 wrote:Has there been a change made to the way that the Validator handles roads marked with (CONST ZN)?

Wiki document has changed recently, so the check is updated:

19.02.2014 v0.7.0:
- UPD #101 'Closed road': default marker is '(Closed)'

sketch wrote:Is it possible to make a report that includes every street segment with a particular name? For instance, we name U turn segments "U turn" in the New Orleans area, but many have been named "U-Turn" and "U Turn". Trying to standardize all of them is a heck of a task, but being able to search "U-Turn" in Validator would make a big difference.

You mean a check which reports all of those errors (i.e. "U-Turn", "U Turn" and so on)?
berestovskyy

Re: construction zone roads

Postby dbraughlr » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:31 am

berestovskyy wrote:19.02.2014 v0.7.0:

I think what we are saying is that "(closed)" in a new way to exclude or include roads for a US construction zone.

Any US road name containing "CONST ZN" (and some variants) is invalid in all contexts regardless of construction zone exclusion. The error is that the name is invalid and should be updated either because the construction zone has expired or the name needs to be changed to have the "(closed)" suffix.
dbraughlr

Postby berestovskyy » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:59 am

ituajr wrote:a) When I go to that location and pan a little, the "Show Report" box turns brown and the message above it says "Click 'Show report' to review map issues".

Thanks, fixed. Remark: You asked me to treat segment as non-editable when it's close but not connected to non-editable segment. So I did and now Validator treats such a segment as non-editable.

So despite you can fix 'Soft turns' in your example, Validator will not highlight/report the segment because internally for Validator the segment is non-editable. No complains about that please :lol:

ituajr wrote:b) If I click on Gerschwitz Rd, I get "WME Validator reports: SLOW: No connection at node A" - the report that I hoped would be suppressed by the "exclude non-editable segments" feature.

It's a feature. You are filtering highlighting and reporting ('Show report'), so it does not distract you. But when you select a segment, you always see all of the issues in the segment's properties no matter the filters.

dbraughlr wrote:The error is that the name is invalid and should be updated either because the construction zone has expired or the name needs to be changed to have the "(closed)" suffix.

Please note at the moment the marker is case-sensitive "(Closed)". Let me know if I shall ignore the case.
berestovskyy

Postby CBenson » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:39 am

berestovskyy wrote:
CBenson wrote:

It comes from the suggestion in this thread: forum post No objections, so the check is implemented.

bedo2991 wrote:Edit: another thing that might be useful worldwide could be a warn: "Ramp streetname is too long". (Maybe 65 chars, not to bee too restrictive). We have some editors that take all the possible destination shown in the road signs and put them all in the ramp streetnames...

Hmm, that's exactly what I do - put all the possible destinations shown on the road sign in ramp streetnames. If the check is useful to others that's fine. But I'm not limiting my ramp names to 65 characters.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby SuperDave1426 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:01 pm

berestovskyy wrote:
CBenson wrote:

I didn't see it, or I for one would have objected.

Please do so. Here's an example of a perfectly valid ramp with a name long enough to trigger the check. Here's another one.

SuperDave1426 wrote:Has there been a change made to the way that the Validator handles roads marked with (CONST ZN)?

Wiki document has changed recently, so the check is updated:

19.02.2014 v0.7.0:

Yay. Gotta love those arbitrary changes to something that's been used a given way by a lot of people for a while.... Ok, thanks for the info. I've now gone through and changed all the long-term construction streets to say "(Closed)" in their names instead. I just hope someone doesn't change their mind (and the Wiki) regarding this particular thing again.... :-)
ImageImageImageImage
Country Manager: USA (mostly oriented around NV & CA)
Editor Guide Best Editing Practices Editor Quick-start
Places Guidelines Nevada Wiki
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts