[Script] WME Validator 1.1.20 / 03.11.2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.7.2 (BETA) / 24.02.2014

Postby kentsmith9 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:23 pm

berestovskyy wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:What do we think about moving much of the content in the various posts like Error Check List into the Wiki.

Frankly I'm happy with the current list of checks, because it takes me no time to update the list. I just click Settings->About->Available checks and copy the list into my forum post.

Understood. Is there any chance to have the tool resort the list into some order (numeric, alphabetical, type, etc)? Or is it in one now and I don't recognize it? :D

berestovskyy wrote:I had an idea to create a wiki page with the descriptions and screenshots of the issues, but at the moment I have no time for that even if it's now allowed by Waze staff. Sorry :(

Also understood. The user community controls the Wiki, so we can do whatever makes the most sense if the people doing the work have time. :mrgreen:
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby GizmoGuy411 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:11 pm

berestovskyy wrote:
dbraughlr wrote:When a USA street name starts with a compass indicator [ENSW], the next word should start with a capital letter.

We can go further and check if every word in the street name starts with a capital letter. But at the moment #94 is checking just the beginning of the street name.

Just a caution here. In the process of implementing this, be sure to still allow the use of capital letters within a word. As just one example, I have a local street named and signed "ProMedia Parkway" with no space between the two word parts with capital letters.
GizmoGuy411
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby berestovskyy » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:52 am

24.02.2014 v0.7.2:
- NEW for All: 'Obsolete CONST ZN marker'
- UPD 'Closed road': case insensitive
- UPD 'Non-drivable connected to drivable': excluded
short dead-end segments and segments with HNs
- DISABLED for US 'More than 55 letters Ramp name'
- DISABLED for IL 'Less than 3 letters long'
- Fixed 'No connection at node A/B' for false
'Show report'
- Improved 'Show report' performance
- Fixed toggle on/off
- Few new Spanish translations
- Checks #36, #37, #46, #47, #78, #79, #102 and #103
are now marked as SLOW
- Fixed few highlight issues (v0.7.1)

robindlc wrote:add a check for "impossible" turns with low angles... (lets say less than 30 grades)?

I like the idea, will be implemented in some of the future versions.

dbraughlr wrote:When a USA street name starts with a compass indicator [ENSW], the next word should start with a capital letter.

We can go further and check if every word in the street name starts with a capital letter. But at the moment #94 is checking just the beginning of the street name.

petervdveen wrote:Is it possible to get a report when roads are connected to driveable roads with a specific streetname?

Sorry, I didn't get the idea. You mean there are drivable roads with certain names which should never be connected to another drivable road?

kentsmith9 wrote:What do we think about moving much of the content in the various posts like Error Check List into the Wiki.

Frankly I'm happy with the current list of checks, because it takes me no time to update the list. I just click Settings->About->Available checks and copy the list into my forum post.

I had an idea to create a wiki page with the descriptions and screenshots of the issues, but at the moment I have no time for that even if it's now allowed by Waze staff. Sorry :(
berestovskyy

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.7.1 (BETA) / 20.02.2014

Postby kentsmith9 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:39 pm

What do we think about moving much of the content in the various posts like Error Check List into the Wiki. We could put this list into a sortable table with the columns:
  • Number
  • Name
  • Description
  • Category (warnings, errors, etc.)
  • Countries

I found a Wiki module we could add that allows filtering http://community.wikia.com/wiki/User_bl ... ong_Tables, but it does not allow selective filtering (only filters by entire cell contents, not partial). Maybe there is something else out there we can use. Then we could filter the description field for "Turns" to see anything related to turns, etc.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:08 pm

berestovskyy wrote:
sketch wrote:Regarding "(Closed)" / "(Construction Zone)" / "CONST ZN":

According to wiki:
When a road is under long-term construction, but is not closed, add "(Construction Zone)"

So I'm not sure if Validator should suppress issues at the "not closed" road :?

A report for obsolete CONST ZN markers will be added.

Oh, of course, I wouldn't wanna suppress other issues there. I think having "Construction Zone" as a note, though, could alert editors to construction projects which may have been completed.

berestovskyy wrote:
sketch wrote:What I was thinking was that I could put in a name (whether "U-Turn" or "* North *" or whatever else), run the report, and get all the streets matching that name in the report.

At the moment all the filters run afterwards the scan. Validator scans and collects all of the issues. Then you click "Show report" and Validator applies the filters and shows the report.

This street match option you suggested would be applied during the scan and once it changed you would need to rescan the area. So this option does not fit well with the existing filter options :(

Understood, thanks anyway! :D
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davielde » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:53 pm

petervdveen wrote:Another request ;-)
Is it possible to get a report when roads are connected to driveable roads with a specific streetname?

In this case the following:
busbaan
spoorlijn
tram
metro

Those should never be connected to driveable segments.

Could that either be country-specific or provide the option to enable only certain street names? We have a "Metro Parkway" that is the official name and is a major highway.
davielde

Postby CBenson » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:25 pm

Well I wish we could get some further guidance on what the developers intend for us to use walking trails for.
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby GizmoGuy411 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:47 pm

CBenson wrote:
GizmoGuy411 wrote:Would anyone edit this any differently?

I guess I'd be inclined to map it as a walking trail. It seems (though it remains essentially unstated) that this is why waze will route to the end of a walking trail when the address is associated with the trail.

I changed it to a Walking Trail. I have been under the assumption that ONLY Street could House Numbers.

Thanks.
GizmoGuy411
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby CBenson » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:31 pm

GizmoGuy411 wrote:Would anyone edit this any differently?

I guess I'd be inclined to map it as a walking trail. It seems (though it remains essentially unstated) that this is why waze will route to the end of a walking trail when the address is associated with the trail.
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby GizmoGuy411 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:19 pm

Opinions please:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=8&lat ... s=16841710

Would anyone edit this any differently? Note that street DOES have house numbers, and is NOT drive-able.

Of course Validator reports this with "No Inward" and "No Outward" connectivity. How else could Validator handle this?

2014-02-22_12h37_49-2.jpg
(35.35 KiB) Downloaded 1231 times
GizmoGuy411
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts