[Script] WME Validator 1.1.20 / 03.11.2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.7.0 (BETA) / 19.02.2014

Postby SuperDave1426 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:08 pm

berestovskyy wrote:
dbraughlr wrote:The error is that the name is invalid and should be updated either because the construction zone has expired or the name needs to be changed to have the "(closed)" suffix.

Please note at the moment the marker is case-sensitive "(Closed)". Let me know if I shall ignore the case.

I'll cast my vote for making it case insensitive. While I will enter it that way, I suspect there are way too many people who won't. No point in flagging something just because the case of the closed text is "wrong." :-)

CBenson wrote:
berestovskyy wrote:- NEW for ALL: 'More than 55 letters Ramp'
bedo2991 wrote:Edit: another thing that might be useful worldwide could be a warn: "Ramp streetname is too long". (Maybe 65 chars, not to bee too restrictive). We have some editors that take all the possible destination shown in the road signs and put them all in the ramp streetnames...

Hmm, that's exactly what I do - put all the possible destinations shown on the road sign in ramp streetnames. If the check is useful to others that's fine. But I'm not limiting my ramp names to 65 characters.

SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby sketch » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:13 pm

Regarding "(Closed)" / "(Construction Zone)" / "CONST ZN":

The "CONST ZN" suffix was a relic from a time before text-to-speech. It's pronounced "Const Zee Enn", which makes no sense. Adding the parentheses adds a pause, and now it says what it means, and it's easier to read, too. Also, when applied to closed roads, "CONST ZN" isn't really descriptive. I wouldn't expect the standard to change again unless Waze gives us a construction zone flag with a little digging man icon. One change to the Wiki in 3-4 years isn't too bad ;)

As such, the Validator should show results for anything containing "Construction Zone", "Closed", or "CONST ZN". The first two as a reminder, and the last so it can be changed.

berestovskyy wrote:
sketch wrote:Is it possible to make a report that includes every street segment with a particular name? For instance, we name U turn segments "U turn" in the New Orleans area, but many have been named "U-Turn" and "U Turn". Trying to standardize all of them is a heck of a task, but being able to search "U-Turn" in Validator would make a big difference.

You mean a check which reports all of those errors (i.e. "U-Turn", "U Turn" and so on)?

That would be nice for my purposes, but I don't know if "U turn" is used at all outside my state, or even metropolitan area. So I don't know if it'd be an appropriate addition to the entire script for the US. What I was thinking was that I could put in a name (whether "U-Turn" or "* North *" or whatever else), run the report, and get all the streets matching that name in the report.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby SuperDave1426 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:23 pm

sketch wrote:Regarding "(Closed)" / "(Construction Zone)" / "CONST ZN":

The "CONST ZN" suffix was a relic from a time before text-to-speech. It's pronounced "Const Zee Enn", which makes no sense. Adding the parentheses adds a pause, and now it says what it means, and it's easier to read, too. Also, when applied to closed roads, "CONST ZN" isn't really descriptive. I wouldn't expect the standard to change again unless Waze gives us a construction zone flag with a little digging man icon. One change to the Wiki in 3-4 years isn't too bad ;)

Ok, thanks. At least that makes the rather sudden change make more sense. :-)

As such, the Validator should show results for anything containing "Construction Zone", "Closed", or "CONST ZN". The first two as a reminder, and the last so it can be changed.

You're talking about flagging the first two without parentheses, correct?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby sketch » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:29 pm

SuperDave1426 wrote:

You're talking about flagging the first two without parentheses, correct?

Right, in case someone marked one without them, it could be changed. I doubt there are any "Construction Zone Blvd"s out there. "Closed" without parentheses would also be useful for showing things like ramps which are closed for construction and marked with specific messages (e.g., "CLOSED until July 2014").
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: construction zone roads

Postby dbraughlr » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:07 pm

All three should be detected without parentheses and case-blind, the first two identify a construction zone road for which error and warnings may optionally be suppressed. The third identifies a construction zone which needs to be updated.
dbraughlr

Re: junctions with drivable and non-drivable

Postby kentsmith9 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:57 am

dbraughlr wrote:A ramp must be connected at both ends and the junction at one end must have a freeway/highway/ramp segment.

I don't think "junction at one end must have a freeway/highway/ramp segment" is true based on my knowledge.

Wiki - How to label the connector type wrote:Ramps in Waze should only be used for situations where two roadways have a grade separated intersection or if the situation matches one of the Exceptions listed below. {Note the exceptions are for Ramps at grade.}

Unless someone can identify the problem (which then can be added to the Wiki), it is certainly possible for one (Primary) Street to pass over another (Primary) Street and have a connector between them marked as a Ramp. In that situation a Ramp is fully legitimate, but not required.

I propose the Validator not restrict the roadway type on either junction of a Ramp, but I am OK with the number of connections being required.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:10 am

kentsmith9 wrote:I don't think "junction at one end must have a freeway/highway/ramp segment" is true based on my knowledge.

Unless someone can identify the problem (which then can be added to the Wiki), it is certainly possible for one (Primary) Street to pass over another (Primary) Street and have a connector between them marked as a Ramp. In that situation a Ramp is fully legitimate, but not required.

Kent, I think the vast majority of situations will have a ramp connecting to a mH, MH or Fwy. However, you are correct, and I have these in my area, where primary streets cross over and there are ramps used to connect them. I believe these are legitimate use of ramps as well. "Grade-separated" doesn't exclude Primary Street type.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 10.1.1 | Waze v4.14
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:11 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:I don't think "junction at one end must have a freeway/highway/ramp segment" is true based on my knowledge.

Kent, I think the vast majority of situations will have a ramp connecting to a mH, MH or Fwy. However, you are correct, and I have these in my area, where primary streets cross over and there are ramps used to connect them. I believe these are legitimate use of ramps as well. "Grade-separated" doesn't exclude Primary Street type.

I agree 100% with all elements of your comment.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Complete List of Checks

Postby petervdveen » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:22 am

berestovskyy wrote:
  • #115 Non-drivable connected to drivable at node B
    The non-drivable segment makes a junction with a drivable at node B: wiki
    Disconnect node B from all of the drivable segments.
    For countries: any country

I would say, don't mark it as an error when:
- the non-driveable is a dead-end road.
- the non-driveable has housenumbers on it.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators

Re: ramp as non-highway connector

Postby dbraughlr » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:28 am

kentsmith9 wrote:Unless someone can identify the problem

Simply put, there is not Road Type for connectors below the class of highways (freeways, MH, mH).
(I highly favor adding a proper road type for connectors; perhaps this is what "Service road" was originally intended to do.)

For normal classification Streets (primary street, street, and the obsolete service road), any connector is the lower of the two ends.

For Other - drivable (dirt roads, parking lot roads, and so forth) and all Non-drivable types, any connector is just whatever it is.

Ramp is a highway classification in the taxonomy of Road types.
Using Ramp for a street is a misuse of a highway road type for non-highway function.

Highway
    • Freeway
    • Major highway
    • Minor highway
    • Ramp
    Street
    • Primary street
    • Street
    • Service road
dbraughlr

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts