Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Android v3.7.8.0 Official Feedback Thread

Post by
What's New
- Sync Calendar with Waze - events with locations are automatically added for one tap navigation when it's time to go (New permissions needed to access the calendar)
- Bug fixes

POSTER_ID:4749935

Send a message

Post by a4bolek
ARedPug wrote:Hi

Since the last update the app has become unusable.

Every time I open it I'm told I'm a new user and I have to create an account or Login with Facebook.
I neither have nor want a Facebook account - I loathe any connection to this nightmare.

I have an account. I don't want to see a welcome video and I am not a new user.

Great app that has become a pain in the arse and if it doesn't get sorted soon I will be disappointedly uninstalling it. :x
Just for giggles I have uninstalled Waze, deleted Waze folder, rebooted phone and started from scratch. Not at any point I was forced to use fuckbook or any other "social network". I have set up few favorites and started navigating. So far I have not seen any difference between long term Waze account or baby user account. Unless you care about scoreboard.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by abc32
Hello.

This is not a bug proper, but it is a feature of Waze that is annoying and even dangerous sometimes.

I mean the fact that it closes itself alone when not the topmost app.

I have several apps open at the same time in my Android phone (new, expensive, with lots of memory) when driving (for example, Waze + Radardroid + Poweramp etc.)

Almost always, if I flip to another app for a few seconds (to change a music track - or even if I touch the "home" button by accident), when I come back it is closed and starts again.

Now, this is not only inconvenient, it is downright dangerous!

Why? Because once Waze calculates a route, this route is shown even if 3G connection drops. In my country, whenever you are on the road (outside big cities' urban areas) chances are you will have no connection. No problem then, as long as Waze does not shut down!

If I am in the middle of a small village halfway to my destination (this happened to me) with no 3G connection and I simply flip to another app, when I come back, Waze has shut itself down, and my route went with if. When it is up again, it cannot recalculate the route, since there is no connection and the region is not in its cache.

There should be an option for Waze to be forced to be always on (run as a service, increase priority, whatever). The way it is today, it is not trustworthy.
abc32
Send a message

Post by abnormal-load
Another one with the RAZR I XT890 bug.
About 1 week ago it began crashing within a few seconds of start up. I tried clearing cache, reinstalling and finally a factory reset (that hurt). After a reinstall it might work once or twice, then the crash returns.
I have waze logs since the factory reset but no idea where to send them.
abnormal-load
Send a message
Motorola RAZR I
Android 4.4.2

Post by abnormal-load
3.7.3.0 shows the same behaviour for me.
I'm not convinced this problem was caused by the latest waze update (3.7.8.0), because that release was on 20th Feb and my problems didn't begin until at least 5th March. So this is either another update we have all received (possibly a google app) which has modified some libraries and caused an incompatibility, or it's a file which waze downloads dynamically, and the old waze versions are downloading that new file too.
abnormal-load
Send a message
Motorola RAZR I
Android 4.4.2

Post by admclamb
Another "Official Feedback Thread" was started a few hours ago.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=82552

ADMclamb
admclamb
Send a message

Post by admclamb
No problem! I didn't know if you'd seen it or not.
Thanks,
ADMclamb
admclamb
Send a message

aeroseek
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Aeroseek
[img]https:///LPzOT[/img][img]https:///hh75S[/img]
AM Northern Illinois
AM Southern Wisconsin

Post by aeroseek
alexisracr wrote:
paulkok_my wrote:
goimir wrote:Scoreboard on "friends" just suggests that I connect to facebook. When I click the link it prompts me to disconnect. All my facebook friends on waze are there in the "friends" button on the map and elsewhere, but even after disconnecting and reconnecting waze, I still cannot see how far ahead of my girlfriend I am. Last I knew I was only 47k ahead of her.

Samsung Captivate Glide on AT&T

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk
I'm also facing the same thing on FB friends scoreboard. Non FB scoreboard no problems.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
I had the same exact issue and I found out the solution here:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12507

You just need to add or remove a friend in facebook so that an update request will be sent to Waze.
Finally! Something that worked.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
aeroseek
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Aeroseek
[img]https:///LPzOT[/img][img]https:///hh75S[/img]
AM Northern Illinois
AM Southern Wisconsin

Post by alex_ita
Good afternoon,
My waze will not appear on the map, people do not see me, what could I do?
alex_ita
Send a message

Post by alexAZR
I also have this bug on my xt890 :(
alexAZR
Send a message