Official Feedback Thread: Windows Phone v3.7.6  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

Postby tommynht » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:43 am

there is no screen rotation mode in windows phone? i search all setting but seem like didnt get any related.
tommynht

Postby clio_Td » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:32 am

tommynht wrote:there is no screen rotation mode in windows phone? i search all setting but seem like didnt get any related.

Hello,

No landscape mode for the moment.

Willy
clio_Td

Postby JJones65 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:33 pm

stelling28 wrote:
Froggypwns wrote:Good news regarding power drain, the latest beta of the Windows version uses quite a bit less power, so you won't drain as fast if you aren't on a charger or have a low spec one.

That is good news. Any idea when the new version for WP will be released?

I second the question. Waze is ABSOLUTELY my most used app but since it's release for Windows Phone there have been 2 updates for Andriod and we've seen nothing...

Any word on feature parity for things like Gas pricing or Friends support, etc?
JJones65

Postby Tiziano0506 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:58 am

Hi,
is time to first update the app: check it on store (drain battery and other issue relased!)
Tiziano0506
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby josefec » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:17 am

The newest version currently in the WP Store is 3.7.4.5, just to make sure we are talking about the same version…

In this version, I still cannot connect to Facebook. When I click on Connect with Facebook, it just goes back to the main menu screen (i.e. left menu screen). Should the Facebook connecting be fixed or not yet in this version?
josefec

Postby stelling28 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:36 am

josefec wrote:The newest version currently in the WP Store is 3.7.4.5, just to make sure we are talking about the same version…

In this version, I still cannot connect to Facebook. When I click on Connect with Facebook, it just goes back to the main menu screen (i.e. left menu screen). Should the Facebook connecting be fixed or not yet in this version?

Not according to the change log. This release is mainly to reduse the biggist issue, the batery drain.

If you have a Android or iOS device, you can use that the connect to facebook.
Huawei P8 Lite | Android 5.0 | Wazer since November 2013 | RM: Noord-Holland, The Netherlands | AM: Texel, Mijdrecht, Vinkeveen, Wilnis en Waverveen
ImageImage
Useful Waze-links: Verbeter_je_vaardigheden, Benelux Quick Start Guide, Slack invite.
stelling28
State Manager
State Manager

Postby josefec » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:58 am

stelling28 wrote:Not according to the change log. This release is mainly to reduse the biggist issue, the batery drain.

If you have a Android or iOS device, you can use that the connect to facebook.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any such device. But do you mean that when you connect once on any device, you’ll then be connected on all devices? I don’t think that is the case, is it.
josefec

Postby stelling28 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:08 pm

josefec wrote:But do you mean that when you connect once on any device, you’ll then be connected on all devices?

Correct, that is how I did it. It is the link between your Waze and Facebook accounts that need to be set.
Huawei P8 Lite | Android 5.0 | Wazer since November 2013 | RM: Noord-Holland, The Netherlands | AM: Texel, Mijdrecht, Vinkeveen, Wilnis en Waverveen
ImageImage
Useful Waze-links: Verbeter_je_vaardigheden, Benelux Quick Start Guide, Slack invite.
stelling28
State Manager
State Manager

Postby ee61re » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:51 pm

As mentioned above, an updated version is available today, just installing it now.
Rob

Usually found wazing somewhere around Selsey / Chichester, or up the A3 towards Bordon.
ee61re

Postby kmatalik » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:02 pm

Thanks to the developers for releasing v3.7.4.5! Compared to the first WP8 version (v3.7.3.208), there has been an improvement on the battery drain issue. With the old waze version, using my Nokia Lumia 820 with a 890 mA car charger, the battery drain was a few percentage points per hour. The same setup with the new waze version results in a battery load of around 5 percentage points per hour. And the phone is noticeably less hot than before. Longer trips without a car charger are still impossible, but the fine-tuning is definitely in the right direction.

What I still miss a lot is the ability to update gas prices.
kmatalik

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App