[Script] WME Validator 1.1.19 / 04.06.2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.7.1 (BETA) / 20.02.2014

Postby GizmoGuy411 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:47 pm

CBenson wrote:
GizmoGuy411 wrote:Would anyone edit this any differently?

I guess I'd be inclined to map it as a walking trail. It seems (though it remains essentially unstated) that this is why waze will route to the end of a walking trail when the address is associated with the trail.

I changed it to a Walking Trail. I have been under the assumption that ONLY Street could House Numbers.

Thanks.

U.S. based Global Champ
U.S. CM
U.S. Great Lakes RC: IL, IN, MI, OH, WI
AM: NW OH, NE IN, SE MI
Wiki Profile
Verizon: Galaxy S6 Edge w/ Android 5.1.1 & iPad "3" w/ iOS 8.2.0
GizmoGuy411
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby CBenson » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:25 pm

Well I wish we could get some further guidance on what the developers intend for us to use walking trails for.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.1
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davielde » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:53 pm

petervdveen wrote:Another request ;-)
Is it possible to get a report when roads are connected to driveable roads with a specific streetname?

In this case the following:
busbaan
spoorlijn
tram
metro

Those should never be connected to driveable segments.

Could that either be country-specific or provide the option to enable only certain street names? We have a "Metro Parkway" that is the official name and is a major highway.
CM: USA
SM: Michigan, Vermont
AM: Ann Arbor, MI & Thunder Bay, ON
WME Michigan
davielde
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby sketch » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:08 pm

berestovskyy wrote:
sketch wrote:Regarding "(Closed)" / "(Construction Zone)" / "CONST ZN":

According to wiki:
When a road is under long-term construction, but is not closed, add "(Construction Zone)"

So I'm not sure if Validator should suppress issues at the "not closed" road :?

A report for obsolete CONST ZN markers will be added.

Oh, of course, I wouldn't wanna suppress other issues there. I think having "Construction Zone" as a note, though, could alert editors to construction projects which may have been completed.

berestovskyy wrote:
sketch wrote:What I was thinking was that I could put in a name (whether "U-Turn" or "* North *" or whatever else), run the report, and get all the streets matching that name in the report.

At the moment all the filters run afterwards the scan. Validator scans and collects all of the issues. Then you click "Show report" and Validator applies the filters and shows the report.

This street match option you suggested would be applied during the scan and once it changed you would need to rescan the area. So this option does not fit well with the existing filter options :(

Understood, thanks anyway! :D
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

[Script] WME Validator 0.7.1 (BETA) / 20.02.2014

Postby fvwazing » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:17 pm

berestovskyy wrote:
But still we have plenty of options for 'Non-drivable connected to drivable' check:
1. We can exclude dead-ends up to 300 m long.
2. Or we can enable check #115 just for some countries by request.
3. Or we can report just railroads connected to drivable roads.

I would go for #1; but the summum would be a recursive dead-end-check ;-)

Railroads are ALWAYS to be reported if connected to something drivable. As there are a number of countries that have substituted railroads by walking trail (with a distinctive name like "spoorlijn" or "railroad") those should be treated equivalent to RR.
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1
fvwazing
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: ramp as non-highway connector

Postby kentsmith9 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:03 pm

CBenson wrote:
dbraughlr wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:Unless someone can identify the problem

Simply put, there is not Road Type for connectors below the class of highways (freeways, MH, mH).

Maybe this discussion should be split from this thread again, but I disagree with this statement. The guidance in the US, as noted above, is that ramps are to be used for grade separated connections. We could discuss changes, but "highway function" is term that we can endlessly debate. Again we should likely have that debate elsewhere.

If I understand dbraughlr's comment, he is not saying there is a problem with the current use of Ramps that the validator should prevent, but is proposing a change be made in the future. Therefore the Validator should allow ramps to connect between two Streets or Primary Streets as well as the Highway class types since they do exist in real life and do not cause routing problems.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Not working need to reinstall validator?

Postby cactusmonkey1966 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:32 am

Hi!
I'm a new area manager, and installed this WME Validator and it shows installed on my Chrome. However, since we've been having problems with saving map edits I made a mistake. I erased some js script extensions on my computer control panel, and now Validator isn't working at all. My editing screen keeps saying zoom out to start WME Validator. And then it doesn't work well or at all. A few times today it let me start the play button and create a report, but now nothing... :oops:

I'm thinking I need to delete WME Validator and reinstall it. But my Chrome doesn't seem to give me that option. Any insight into getting this installed properly now that I messed up and played around without knowing what I'm doing?
Have you read Wiki yet? What's your favorite Wiki?
Area Manager Las Vegas Metropolitan area, Boulder City, Pahrump and Reno/Sparks NV
Map Editing Quick Start Guide
How to use PLACES
cactusmonkey1966
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: Not working need to reinstall validator?

Postby SuperDave1426 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:11 am

cactusmonkey1966 wrote:I'm thinking I need to delete WME Validator and reinstall it. But my Chrome doesn't seem to give me that option. Any insight into getting this installed properly now that I messed up and played around without knowing what I'm doing?

First, congratulations (or condolences, as appropriate :D) on the new AM status.

Exactly what steps are you taking to try to remove the Validator extension from Chrome?
ImageImageImageImage
Country Manager: USA (mostly oriented around NV & CA)
Editor Guide Best Editing Practices Editor Quick-start
Places Guidelines Nevada Wiki
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: construction zone roads

Postby dbraughlr » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:27 am

berestovskyy wrote:So I'm not sure if Validator should suppress issues at the "not closed" road :?

A report for obsolete CONST ZN markers will be added.

I agree. I see two independent options to filter the report:
  1. Omit any roadway with name containing "closed".
  2. Omit any roadway with name not containing (at least) one of {"closed", "construction", "CONST"}.
(Neither, either, or both options may be selected.)
dbraughlr

first letter lowercase

Postby dbraughlr » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:16 pm

When a USA street name starts with a compass indicator [ENSW], the next word should start with a capital letter. "W laRue St" should be flagged with error #94.
dbraughlr

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts