Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

Two issues - wrong side (but not) and "invalid number"?

Post by Jay91150
Hi folks,
I encountered two issues that prevented me from saving house numbers in different areas recently and need some advice.

In one situation I got the "house numbers on wrong side" error, but the street is designed that way. It's a very short road, almost a cul-de-sac, with odd-numbered houses all along the "outer edge". This is the road in question, and from the SE corner counter-clockwise, the houses are numbered 3, 5, 11, and 15 (the latter being the house due north of the intersection). Is there any way for me to put up these numbers?

Second issue was an address which is at this location (SE of the short stub road named "Range Road 53"). The house number is six digits (231254) which is about the only reason I can see that Waze would consider it invalid. I tried forcing it as the editor suggested, but even then I can't save the change. Any advice here?

Thanks much in advance!
Jay91150

POSTER_ID:16872708

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
EFirmo wrote:In my street, the numbers in one side are in sequence. (113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 and 121).
The edition don't allow me to create the numbers this way.

How can I solve this issue ?
You will need to get a higher-ranking editor (3 or higher) to add and Force the addresses. (You will find this information in the wiki page.)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Jay91150 wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
EFirmo wrote:In my street, the numbers in one side are in sequence. (113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 and 121).

You will need to get a higher-ranking editor (3 or higher) to add and Force the addresses. (You will find this information in the wiki page.)
As a level 3, I could not force the addresses for my particular issue. It showed forced but refused to save. Despite me reading the wiki!
Can you force one number at a time?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Jay91150 wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Can you force one number at a time?
Interesting. That worked, thanks!

The second problem still exists - when I try to enter "231254", it prompts me to force it, identifying it as "unsupported number format" - and clicking Force only brings up the prompt to force again. There's no apparent way to get out of that one without abandoning the changes.
We've run into the "can't save multiple forced addresses" before, but sometimes it does work. :\

I am not sure, but 6-digits may not yet be supported. We've had it requested for quite some time: https://bugs.waze.com/show_bug.cgi?id=6134
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by EFirmo
Hi there,

I'm having a similar problem.
In my street, the numbers in one side are in sequence. (113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 and 121).

Thanks in advance.
EFirmo
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:

As a level 3, I could not force the addresses for my particular issue. It showed forced but refused to save. Despite me reading the wiki!
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Can you force one number at a time?
Interesting. That worked, thanks!

The second problem still exists - when I try to enter "231254", it prompts me to force it, identifying it as "unsupported number format" - and clicking Force only brings up the prompt to force again. There's no apparent way to get out of that one without abandoning the changes.
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
Bumping this old thread in order to add to the knowledge base.

Ran into the same problem.... L3 editor unable to force HNs into known positions. Except in my case, attempting to do one at a time did not work, either.

Workaround: Change the name of the segment.

When the error is "too far" or "out of sequence" and you can't force it, change the segment name (I usually just add an "s", so that "Main St" becomes "Main Sts"), save, change it back, save, and then do your HN stuff. I have no idea why this works, but it usually does.

When the error is "already exists", it is probably because the road you're working on is not associated with a city and there happens to be another road somewhere in your state with the same name that has the same HN attached to it. In this case, change the road name, make the HN change, then change the road name back. If you pull up HN editing view after this, you'll see the HN in question is red. Yeah, the DB is annoyed you did that, but what other solution is there until Waze figures out a better solution to the City layer problem...? Searches for that address should find the closer of any duplicates first, which will nearly always be the intended destination.
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message