[Script] WME Validator 1.1.8 / 07.05.2015

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.2 / 04.07.2014

Postby crazycaveman » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:30 pm

okladriver wrote:I've been using Validator 1.0.2 in Chrome but recently started using some of the other scripts as well. Today I disabled all of the other scripts and turned Validator back on and noticed that it is reporting problems but only a tiny amount of segments with problems are being highlighted. I've completely disabled all other scripts, turned Validator on and off, uninstalled it, restarted the browser, reinstalled it, restarted again, but still having the same problem.

Attached is a screenshot showing that Validator is on, that I'm in my editing area, a list of problems for the selected segment, but no highlighting. Highlighting issues is turned on in the settings.

Any suggestions?

Edit: Forgot some words.

Have you tried going into Validator settings and selecting "Restore Defaults"? It might be that you set it to only show certain errors (under the search icon's tab, labeled "Reported as")
Nexus 5
CM: USA
Image Image
crazycaveman
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.3 / 04.08.2014

Postby crazycaveman » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:53 pm

SuperDave1426 wrote:I appreciate having it, too. I don't see that above field (Updated by) when I bring up the search tab.

Is it restricted to CMs & RCs?

It is restricted to CMs, as stated in the FAQ

New! Search for a specific username
Validator does support a search for a specific username. Click "search" tab and put a desired username(s) into the "Updated by" field.

For privacy reasons the feature is available for country managers only. Regular users and area managers have "Include only your edits" option instead.
Nexus 5
Image Image
crazycaveman
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.3 / 04.08.2014

Postby crazycaveman » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:30 pm

SuperDave1426 wrote:
doctorkb wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:Ok, thanks. I wonder if he can be persuaded to add State Managers, at least within the states they manage....

I doubt it. I suspect that he's using a "CM" flag that is applied to a user's record by the Waze system.

To expand it to anyone else would have to be to "AM" or everyone... unless he did a username-by-username validation.

Oh, maybe I misunderstood then. I thought that I had read somewhere that Waze actually created an official State Manager designation in the system. You're right, if all they did was just make us AMs with an area the size and shape of our states, then he'd have no way to tell the difference.

It would be nice if it could be expanded to the SMs to help them keep track of wayward editors, but then again, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get the RC or a CM to run a report for us and share the results, if needed. Remember, too, that you can use Colour Highlights to highlight segments that a user has last edited; a little more tedious as you have to be zoomed in more and move manually, but still useful.
Nexus 5
Image Image
crazycaveman
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.4 / 24.08.2014

Postby crazycaveman » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:59 pm

Taco909 wrote:Okay, I'm not sure if this belongs in Validator or if it is a WME bug.

With the week's changes, my first custom highlight is now nul elevation (and when I clear it, it comes back on next reload)
That's fine, I can live with it... but it seems that for the most part, I only see it after I've edited a segment... such as after deleting a connected segment or unneeded junction node.
For the unneeded junction node I would expect the purple highlight to take precedence, but I'm seeing others that were not highlighted before a save and pop up green after saving.
In one case, after a save, a street two segments removed from any editing popped up nul.

At first I thought I still had highlighter set to display recent edits, but confirmed that it was not set.

They are legitimately nul elevation, but I have not yet been able to confirm whether or not they were nul before the edit-save operation.

There is a known issue in WME itself where edited segments will not show an elevation as set, but if you wait a second or two and refresh the roads, it will fix itself. Add for custom highlighting, that always takes precedence over other highlights
Nexus 5
Image Image
crazycaveman
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.1 / 30.08.2014

Postby crazycaveman » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:56 pm

JNF makes cameras visible at zoom 0, if you have that installed
Nexus 5
Image Image
crazycaveman
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby crazycaveman » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:08 am

Would it be possible to add a check for service roads in the USA? They have been deprecated and aren't to be used. Having them be highlighted (even if it's just as a note) would make it easier to remove them.
Nexus 5
Image Image
crazycaveman
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby crazycaveman » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:37 am

BellHouse wrote:
crazycaveman wrote:Would it be possible to add a check for service roads in the USA? They have been deprecated and aren't to be used. Having them be highlighted (even if it's just as a note) would make it easier to remove them.

You can achieve that with the following custom check:

Custom template: ${typeRank}
Custom regexp: 9

Yeah, I've been using that. I was just thinking that, since this is a country-wide guideline, it would help more people be aware not to use that road type. Also, it would free up one of my custom checks :D
Nexus 5
Image Image
crazycaveman
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby crazycaveman » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:26 pm

The problem is some service roads that have been added in my area should be sweet as private roads and not street. I'd prefer to find them and set the correctly before Waze changes all of them to street and starts trying to route on them. By my reckoning, it should be easy to add, but I wholly agree that those other checks are more needed and should be fixed first.
Nexus 5
Image Image
crazycaveman
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.3 / 07.10.2014

Postby crazycaveman » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:53 pm

Feature request:

Allow custom color settings for custom checks in a localization pack. For some checks, it would be nice to have a different color than the standard yellow/gold.
Nexus 5
Image Image
crazycaveman
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.4 / 07.11.2014

Postby crazycaveman » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:06 pm

Did you filter out any checks? You can always reset your preferences by going to settings and clicking reset defaults to see if that helps
Nexus 5
Image Image
crazycaveman
Country Manager
Country Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts