Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by berestovskyy
BenEnmen wrote: I think the problem has to do with the W.location.code being removed. There are 2 places where it is used, Just search for

Code: Select all

Ra.location.code
and change it to

Ra.app.getAppRegionCode()
Would you like to try to fix this? Here are the quick start instructions:
https://github.com/WMEValidator/validat ... uick-start

You can try to fix the issue, test and commit the changes. I will review the changes and make a new release? GitHub counts all the contributions:
https://github.com/WMEValidator/validat ... ntributors

You can use it later for you CV or you can do it just for fun. There is a learning curve, but the skills you will learn are state of the art. Validator always used modern techniques, compilers, version control systems etc.

If you have any questions -- just let me know, I will try my best to answer/help.

Andriy
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Zafcho wrote:A small correction must be made to the newly created localization file.
Will be fixed in the next release.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
atrophicshiner wrote:How can I disable this in Validator :!:
Sorry for the inconvenience. There are few options:
  1. On the main Validator window, "Filter" tab (opens by default). At the very bottom click "Exclude notes". This will stop Validator from highlighting/reporting any notes (including speed limits)
  2. On the main Validator window click "Search" tab (looking glass icon). There is a "Reported as" field at the bottom. Here we can exclude any check we want by its name, id or severity. For example, to stop Validator from highlighting/reporting checks #212 and #213, we should put in the "Reported as" field the following:

!212, !213, *
    This mean we do not want Validator to report check #212 (!212) and #213 (!213), but report all the rest (*)

Also we can use check title here, for example if we put in the "Reported as" field the following:

!*speed*, *
    Will prevent Validator from reporting any check with "speed" in the title.
This "Reported as" field works the other way around. Say, if we want to concentrate just on a checks #212 and #213, ignoring all other reports, we just put there:

212, 213
Or if we wish to concentrate on errors only:

error
Will add this to the FAQ

Hope that helps.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Hi guys,
We need someone to look through the Validator's Complete List of Checks and check each link to wiki/forum if it's still available/relevant.

There are 124 checks, each might have two links: one with explanations what's going on and another with the solution. We can also have those two links per-country, i.e. two default links, two for UK, two for DE, etc.

It would be nice to get a report like this:

#101 -- solution: https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Real_time_closures
#191 -- city rename form: viewtopic.php?t=50314#p450378
etc.

We can also just remove outdated links or add a new one if there is already a wiki page for that case.

Anyone? Please?
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
v2018.09.15:
- berestovskyy: add custom check variables: speedLimit,
speedLimitAB, speedLimitBA and checkSpeedLimit
- berestovskyy: ignore speed limits issues on streets and ramps.
Please use custom checks instead (see below).

Also commit redirecting links to Wazeopedia is reverted. Seems most of the links work now, but might point to an outdated page on wiki though. Still need someone to look though all the links...

Here is how to highlight Streets without speed limits using a custom check:
On main Validator view click Settings (gear icon)->custom
Template: ${type}:${speedLimit}
RegExp: /^1:0$/

There are lots of other custom check examples in this forum post.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Nazride wrote: BETA: No public connection for public segment (slow) (# 202)
https://www.waze.com/fr/editor/?zoom=5& ... =303803801
Validator does not report anything for me. Could anyone please confirm?
GabiruX_ wrote:In Brazil, your script are giving alert to narrows streets giving the #131 error. It's a problem about highway. Narrow street are not error, don't need to show this error.
Could you please add a permalink?
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
GabiruX_ wrote:Yes, sure. Here's the link.

It seems you are using the localization pack for Brazil by mikenit. Unfortunately it is an external script, I cannot fix it :(

Please contact the author or your country manager regarding this issue. For now please disable check 131 as described in Validator's FAQ:

On the main Validator window click "Search" tab (looking glass icon). There is a "Reported as" field at the bottom. Here we can exclude any check we want by its name, id or severity. To stop Validator from highlighting/reporting check 131, we should put in the "Reported as" field the following:

!131, *
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Hey,
I just send PMs to (hopefully) all the people who took part in Validator localization asking them to:

1. Publish their localizations and translations under GPLv3 in the Validator's repo:
https://github.com/WMEValidator/i18n

2. Join the Validator development team to continue their great job to support just their localization or to take as big part in Validator as they want.

Thank you so much guys for your great job! If I missed someone, please don't by angry at me :) Just let me know if you are ok with the GPLv3.

Thanks for your prompt answers,
Andriy
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
lg1992 wrote:The errors 107 and 108 (No connection - The node A/B of the drivable segment is within 5m from another drivable segment but not connected by a junction) are reported sometimes when two segments are connected with a 3rd short segment (example). Please tune the corresponding rules.
Looks like a minor WME bug to me: WME does not report nodes outside the visible area connected to a roundabout as "partial".

Not sure if we will be able to fix that, but there are two possible workarounds:
  1. Move nodes connected to the roundabout a bit further away (i.e. > 5 m).
  2. Reduce the length Validator detects as an error. But there are still will be cases where two nodes connected to a roundabout quite close.
The right solution is to fix the WME bug. Not sure how we report WME bugs nowadays...
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Nazride wrote:error on : Noeud A: inutil (mode lent) (#36)
or here

https://www.waze.com/fr/editor/?zoom=7& ... =343409108
Same issues as with lg1992 report: WME sometimes does not report nodes as "partial". We will try to workaround it in the code.
berestovskyy
Send a message