Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by berestovskyy
atrophicshiner wrote:Seeing highlight of a current restriction as expired, restriction is for today only, maybe a calendar thing.
Thanks, will be fixed in the next release.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Hi,
Thanks to David, we are adding several new checks for Venues:
  1. No city name on Venue/The Venue has no city name set/Set the city name
  2. Automatically updated Venue/The Venue was updated by Waze/Verify and update Venue details if needed
  3. No type on Parking Lot/The primary Parking Lot type is not set/Set primary lot type to Public, Restricted or Private
  4. No cost on Parking Lot/The Parking Lot cost is not set/Set cost to Free, Low, Moderate or Expensive
  5. No payment types on Parking Lot/The Parking Lot payment types are not set/Set the payment types
  6. No elevation on Parking Lot/The Parking Lot elevation is not set/Set the elevation
  7. No entry/exit points on Venue/The Venue entry/exit points are not set/Set the entry/exit points
  8. No Parking Lot entry/exit points/The Parking Lot entry/exit points are not set/Set the entry/exit points
  9. No city name on Park/The Park has no city name set/Set the city name or change category to Forest / Grove
  10. No brand on Gas Station/The Gas Station brand is not in its name/Add or update brand in the Gas Station name
  11. No lock on Gas Station/The Gas Station should be locked at least to Lvl ${n}/Lock the Gas Station
    Param: {number} minimum lock level (default is 3)
Please let us know if the checks should be adjusted/disabled for your country prior to the release.

Also, we will be grateful for related links to Wazeopedia in English and/or in other languages, so Validator will show the users this link.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
yaacobyy wrote:There is a problem with this error:
Same endpoints drivable segments (slow) (#78)
Thanks for the report. Could you please provide a permalink?
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Thanks, yaacobyy. Will be fixed in the next release.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
jm6087 wrote: I agree, it is written in the wiki not to have a segment connect to the same segment twice and should still be considered an issue.
I have reread the wiki prior the change. It's not quite clear what "two ways" means:
There are two or more ways to get from one junction node to another without going through any other nodes. They can cause a problem for the Waze app because the routing server gives your mobile app a list of node ids, but the app needs to tell you which segments to drive on. If there are two ways to get from one node to the next without going through any other nodes, then the Waze app might just have to guess.
Source: https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Junction_Sty ... ment_loops

Is there a newer version of this guide?
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
theMadcabbie wrote: Is it possible to validate the correct abbreviations for Road names i.e Rd and St etc as per our UK list?
Sure, it is possible and many countries has that feature as a part of a localization pack or as a part of i18n repo of Validator: https://github.com/WMEValidator/i18n

I (or other guys here) will help with any technical difficulties or questions.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Hi guys,
Sorry, it seems I don't have editable areas anymore :lol:

Just to make sure. Could you please confirm it's Validator by:
1. Disabling all the scripts
2. Checking if WME works fine
3. Then by enabling just Validator
4. And confirming WME does not work anymore?

Thanks in advance!
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Thanks,
The update has been published.

Could you please confirm it fixes the issue for you?
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
berestovskyy wrote:
Nazride wrote:error on : Noeud A: inutil (mode lent) (#36)
or here

https://www.waze.com/fr/editor/?zoom=7& ... =343409108
Same issues as with lg1992 report: WME sometimes does not report nodes as "partial". We will try to workaround it in the code.
Hey guys,
The issues with "ghost" (disappearing) Validator reports due to the missing attribute "partial" is fixed in the latest WME Beta. So it will be available for everyone soon ;)

Sorry, it took quite a time. But still I'm really impressed Waze guys managed to fix it!
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
LysdexiaEht wrote:What kind of steps could I take to troubleshoot this further?
Thanks for reporting.

Could you please check the JavaScript console (View->Developer->JavaScript Console) if there are any logs or errors from Validator or WME...
berestovskyy
Send a message