These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by coontex
Sorry I sent to soon. Hint send and was trying to tap at the end of the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coontex
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by d1shak
After 3 years of using Waze, I found something to report. I needed to get to the Austin International Airport and when I did a search it came up and I set it as my destination. However there are 2 terminals and this took me to the south terminal which is not where I needed to me. Suggestion: the search should show 2 AUS Austin Airports to make the user select the correct one.
d1shak
Send a message

Post by DaJoNel
CRITICAL PLACES BUG:

All point-based places are missing from the client. Also, water displays as gray. The client is now largely unusable for viewing POI.
DaJoNel
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by DaJoNel
sketch wrote:We know Point Places are not visible in the client. Point Places are meant to serve primarily as search results / destination markers.

It's possible some sort of Point Place visibility will come to the client in the future, but we don't know. Regardless, it's not a "bug".
Please tell me that I'm not the only one who thinks this is a horrible idea. POI references on the map are very important. I use them all the time to locate gas station. Just look at Google maps and Apple maps. It's kind of a kick in the teeth for us to work so hard on all of the Point Places for them to not even show up. New places that I added as points do not show up in search results, so the system is entirely non-functional. The client needs a sizable overhaul to remain competitive.
DaJoNel
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by DaJoNel
I see. From your original message, it seemed that the general consensus was that there is no problem with the current client. I'm fine with waiting for an update, but I'm surprised the two teams (if there are separate teams for the WME and client) didn't coordinate to launch on the same day.

That being said, I am referring to changes I made the day of the WME update, so I'm speaking as of the current tiles. As for the gas stations being areas, the Wiki (when I read it) said that they should be points. Now, it says it's a tie between point and area, depending on size.
DaJoNel
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by DavidAbarca
d1shak wrote:After 3 years of using Waze, I found something to report. I needed to get to the Austin International Airport and when I did a search it came up and I set it as my destination. However there are 2 terminals and this took me to the south terminal which is not where I needed to me. Suggestion: the search should show 2 AUS Austin Airports to make the user select the correct one.
I think you should also give Foursquare a shot, it will show you the terminal venues on the map and you can then choose the correct one

Sent from my iPad using Tap
DavidAbarca
Experts
Experts
Send a message
Just another service provided by your friendly neighborhood Global Waze Champ

iPhone 14
Waze Beta Last Version

Post by davielde
Event Radius reset to "All" after upgrade
davielde
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
CM: USA
SM: Michigan, Vermont
AM: Ann Arbor, MI & Thunder Bay, ON
WME Michigan

Post by davielde
"Others may send me map chats" defaulted to enabled as well. Stop changing all of my settings... :-)
davielde
Send a message
WME Michigan

Post by davielde
Lant1 wrote:Why am I getting traffic reports half the world away?
"All" means all... Same situation here.
davielde
Send a message
WME Michigan

Post by davielde
vickimachado wrote:Had a UR from an iOS Wazer who says she got a series of reports originating from the opposite side of the freeway, rather than the direction she was traveling. Is that a GPS problem? It only happened once. Any other explanation?
That happens all the time when someone reports for the other side of a one-way street, so it could have been a reporter on her side trying to report for the opposite direction, and she didn't look closely enough at the info bubble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
davielde
Send a message
WME Michigan