[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox

Postby alvaro9000 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:08 pm

Good morning all WME editors:

I am not sure if this is the right place to make this question. if not, please let me know.

wold it be possible to include in the external permalinks a link to

http://signa.ign.es/signa/

right now is the most up to date view for Spain and I think will be very helpfull

best regards
alvaro9000
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby Arnoniem » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:40 am

I think if you don't know the basics of wme (all thats under SHIFT?) you shouldn't be allowed to install and use scripts like toolbox ;-)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I8190 met Tapatalk
Arnoniem
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bz2012 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:52 pm

qwaletee wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:
bz2012 wrote:Maybe the WME toolbox should display a big red message somewhere near the cursor (when the turn arrows are transparent) that says 'If you can't click on the turn arrows, press the letter "a"'

I did create Transparent as a redirect to the Keyboard Shortcuts page for "a"

Maybe a topic named "Arrows"? (Redirect or its own short page. It could be an explanation of how to physically interact with the arrows as a separate how-to page.)

And perhaps a quick note in the turn restrictions text.

WME could display the message 'by default' and, after the noobees LEARN how to 'fix' those transparent arrows, there could be an option to disable the message.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby kentsmith9 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:09 pm

qwaletee wrote:Maybe a topic named "Arrows"? (Redirect or its own short page. It could be an explanation of how to physically interact with the arrows as a separate how-to page.)

We already have what I think is a pretty detailed description on the arrows:
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Map_Editing_Quick-start_Guide#Turn_restrictions_.28allowed_turns.29
It is also linked to many new terms like:
  • Turn arrow
  • Turn arrows
  • Arrow
  • Arrows
And many other things already. If there are other terms anyone can think of let me know and we can link them.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby qwaletee » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:38 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:
bz2012 wrote:Maybe the WME toolbox should display a big red message somewhere near the cursor (when the turn arrows are transparent) that says 'If you can't click on the turn arrows, press the letter "a"'

I did create Transparent as a redirect to the Keyboard Shortcuts page for "a"

Maybe a topic named "Arrows"? (Redirect or its own short page. It could be an explanation of how to physically interact with the arrows as a separate how-to page.)

qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby BellHouse » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:51 am

OyyoDams wrote:
Goodolsen wrote:Also, the Hide User Greetings in the config panel no longer works.

Identified, will be fixed in next version.

I still have the (reproducable) problem, that the Toolbar does not load properly, if I have the "Hide user greetings" option enabled:
[ img ]

If I activate the option and then reload WME, the window behind the toolbar icon in the top right stays empty:
[ img ]

If I then reset Toolbox, it works again, but my Toolbox configuration is lost, of course.
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby dbraughlr » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:37 am

bz2012 wrote:Inserting a node should (and I think WOULD be) less points than the current way of inserting a node by creating a segment to use as a 'tool' to insert the node, and then deleting the segment.

I rarely ever save the the temporary road, so it does count now. How Waze counts edits and grants points is up to Waze. Someone can create hundreds of new roads, chop up an existing road, or whatever. Like you, I prefer to do useful work. But if it makes people happy that using j doesn't count as an edit, that is fine with me. Aligning a 5 miles of a winding rural minor highway counts as 1 edit the same as making a straight 5 m segment in a parking lot.
dbraughlr

Postby enhket » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:58 pm

If i am not wrong, what was suggested before was creating a junction while you press a key (wherever a segment gets "hovered"). If you create 30 junctions, save, suppress the nodes and save, that is faster than using a temporary segment.

bz2012 wrote:I am not concerned about the points, I just want to fix problems with the maps.

The tools used to fix the map, can also be used to destroy it. Dont forget it.

There shouldn't be a reason to disapprove a restriction to that new feature.
enhket
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby bz2012 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:48 pm

Inserting a node should (and I think WOULD be) less points than the current way of inserting a node by creating a segment to use as a 'tool' to insert the node, and then deleting the segment.

If someone wanted to abuse the function, they could just as easily use the 'temporary segment' as a tool to create multiple nodes.

I am not concerned about the points, I just want to fix problems with the maps.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby enhket » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:11 pm

That is a good idea, but Damien should consider "flagging" the username of the person who used it for X segment. For example, it could associate your username with a segment id and flag you for that segment, so you cant suppress the unneeded junctions. It would be super easy to create junctions and then use the "suppress" feature.

Either that or there could be a limit: 50-100 junctions a day? I dont think you will be forced to do more than that.

petervdveen wrote:I would love to have champs-only features in the editor, but it doesn't seem we are going to get that ever.

I would go for rank-only features. So there is a reason to be level 5-6 other than locking/unlocking.
enhket
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts