Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by vcoolvin
lunarplexus wrote:Hiya there everyone!

I've been Wazing for a few months and editing for even fewer months but I'm totally hooked. I've managed to climb the ranks pretty quickly and am quite happy with that.

I'm glad to get your help in making edits more accurately and consistently.

It's also great to see more and more Wazers on the streets. Gives me hope that this will be the top urban sat-nav app in India at some point. We sure do need it.

:)
Hi lunarplexus,

Welcome to WME... Have seen you once in kolkata... i guess you travel a lot.

Yes we definitely need a lot of hands in editing as theres a lot of work in the map of india, its just that waze needs more exposure in india. The best thing is that now the regular wazers can meet up here and discuss any issues and queries that one might have over here. Take care and happy wazing :)
vcoolvin
Send a message

Post by vcoolvin
lunarplexus wrote:ah, you did see me in Kolkata. I did come down there for a couple of days. I don't travel as much as I would want to though.

Nice to meet you, man. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm trying to promote the app as much as I can now but people turn away because it's not quite up to the mark yet. But since we can see its potential, I guess it's up to us to make it awesome.

:)

Yes i did :)

There lies the problem... people don't stick around long enough to realize its potential. Together the few of us who are there can make a difference and even i feel the same. Lets see how successful we all dedicated editors can be.
vcoolvin
Send a message

Post by vcoolvin
geetanjali99 wrote:Hi,
I am just new to the Waze community.

Need some help regarding the map editing and general practice.

I have gone through the wiki, forum as well ... From past 2 weeks or so I am doing that only! ;) but didn't get the hang of it!

Thanks

Welcome to the community Geetanjali. I know it can be a bit confusing in the begining, but as they say practice make man (& woman) perfect. Just keep on editing and you will slowly realise how it works, later when you realise you had made a mistake earlier then you can always go ahead and correct it. As you mentioned you have already been through forums, still here are the two links which may help you understand some stuff.

http://world.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=171&t=37277

http://world.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=171&t=9230

In the first link Chris has already discussed with Indian wazers and has concluded upon the mapping guideline on POIs, and in the 2nd one Darryl-BHP has suggested and then a discussion has happened upon road policy to be followed in India, these will be really helpful to start with.

Also in the forum we have some active wazers who are always happy to help, Chrianchris is the country manager, so if you have any locked segment and you know that its not correct or has changed since the last edit then you can contact him and he can unlock it for you, you just have to send a permalink to him.

Then there is sk2380 who is ranked second in our country after Chris and will also be able to help you with any issues.

After these two there are some active wazers like Parithosh, Lunarplexus and yes me too who are active on forum and can help when you need one. But remember that always paste the permalink because that will help the others to identify the segment.

Take care and happy wazing :)
vcoolvin
Send a message

Post by vcoolvin
Ahh.... Chris alreay has posted ;)
vcoolvin
Send a message

Post by vcoolvin
lunarplexus wrote:Hear Here! :) I'll drink to that. hehehe

:lol:
vcoolvin
Send a message

Post by vcoolvin
geetanjali99 wrote:
Hi vcoolvin,

Thanks for the concern and the links ( I feel like I read a novel!! :) :) )
Ya I know a long post, but needed for as much information u can and other new wazers can get.
When i m reading Waze wiki n forum feels like I am a research student need to read an understand a lot ! If I go on reading like this when am I going out driving.... ,! :( :lol:
All this reading is for WME, when you edit the roads correctly then you can have a smooth ride, and if it isnt then you will end up getting incorrect directions and you will curse waze. So the more you read, better you will understand wazes concept.
Does anybody wants to share their secrets with me abt how you guys gain so many points in a week.! :lol: ( please feel free to PM me!!! )

Today I tried some hand on editing but no success feels like everything is in place !

Thanks.

Ahhhh... The same question i had when i had joined. Trust me Geetanjali there is no secret. Even i use to think how people get so many points and are always on the top. Well i use to be in 100s too but as and when you keep practicing WME your score will go on higher. Once you get the hang of it your editing speed will increase and this will reflect in your points.

You said everything in place, so that must be in the area where you are and some AM must have already corrected anything wrong there. The people who get so many points i guess have traveled a lot and so have i and that's why know a wide area of road network. In my area there is lot of incorrect info and that needs to be corrected. One guy had taken the initiative but then i guess he doesn't live in the town anymore and so now i have taken up the responsibility. So... i guess you too will have to travel to know your roads ;) :)

Take Care and Happy Wazing
vcoolvin
Send a message

Post by vcoolvin
geetanjali99 wrote:
Vcoolvin,

Just forgot mentioned nice username.

Secondly Why "Women" are in brackets ! :lol:

Hahaha, Thank you, there is a story behind this username and it was born of frustration.

hmm... why in brackets .... well you will come to know... let the time go by and you will understand it by yourself :)
vcoolvin
Send a message

Post by vcoolvin
saurigr8 wrote:Hello Friends,

This is sauri from mumbai wazing in india from last one year my base is in mumbai, Nice to see a dedicated forum for indian wazers....
Where have you been for the past 1 year :o ;)
vcoolvin
Send a message

Post by vcoolvin
SKV87 wrote:I'm confused with the forum. Old User from Kerala. :)

Avery warm welcome to SKV87, yes it will be a bit confusing at first but stick around and you will start to understand things. Good to see a new user around :)
vcoolvin
Send a message

Post by vcoolvin
Its really good to see more number of wazers visiting the forum... Slowly but steadily the number is growing and thats a good news :)
vcoolvin
Send a message