Windows Phone OS (WP) - Currently not supported  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

Postby jct02 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:27 am

stelling28 wrote:
josefec wrote:But do you mean that when you connect once on any device, you’ll then be connected on all devices?

Correct, that is how I did it. It is the link between your Waze and Facebook accounts that need to be set.

Is there something wrong with Waze? Connected my FB account on Waze Android , and can't see any info on scoreboard on friends tab of both Waze Windows Phone and Android.
jct02

Postby joostboers » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:22 pm

Thank you for the update of WIndows Phone - it is an improvement especially for the battery performance (however it still costs battery during driving and charging but less now).

When reporting a traffic jam or danger, it takes a long time for the various screens for further details to appear. Something goes very slow there, even when I recently had restarted the phone before using it.

Also I have a message 'Downloading new voices...' that stays at 0% all the time and which disappears after about 10 minutes - clicking on 'okay' to dismiss the 'download didn't succeed' message also takes a long while, probably linked to the issue I mentioned above.
-------------------------------------------------
https://www.feeling-healthy.net
Creating Positive Change

Fetching Waze scores with a Microsoft Lumia 640 in a Mercedes C 200 cdi - or a Mercedes SLK. Based in Nederhorst den Berg (The Netherlands).
joostboers
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby mistermerlin » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:01 am

Lumia Icon (AKA 929) on VZW - Biggest annoyance is no option to play voice guidance through Bluetooth to GMC Acadia. Also find that it freaks out and places me on other roads while in parking lots, therefore it can't tell me where to go from where I am at.
mistermerlin

Postby world_9o77yct8 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:56 am

after the latest update no more batt drain faster then charge in car...yea thx waze
lumia 525
world_9o77yct8

Postby kmatalik » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:23 am

I've been playing around with v3.7.4.5 more. I found that using the screen in night mode reduces power consumption drastically, by nearly 50%.

On my Nokia Lumia 820, my usual morning drive to the office (around 35 mins) now only draws about 10% of the battery's power (with a 2G connection and screen in night mode). The same drive with the daylight screen mode draws approx. 20% of power. With the old sw v3.7.3.208 this drew approx. 35% of battery power in daylight mode. Quite a big improvement!

The visibility of the screen in night mode is still ok, it just has a dark background instead of a white one. With these settings I can finally use Waze for longer trips, without a charger.
kmatalik

Postby BruDudeEd » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:58 am

jct02 wrote:
stelling28 wrote:
josefec wrote:But do you mean that when you connect once on any device, you’ll then be connected on all devices?

Correct, that is how I did it. It is the link between your Waze and Facebook accounts that need to be set.

Is there something wrong with Waze? Connected my FB account on Waze Android , and can't see any info on scoreboard on friends tab of both Waze Windows Phone and Android.

Same problem here...after 2 months I suddenly cannot access fb friends on iphone

waze ver: 3.7.7.0

iphone ver: 7.0.6
BruDudeEd

Postby Froggypwns » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:09 am

MisterMerlin wrote:Lumia Icon (AKA 929) on VZW - Biggest annoyance is no option to play voice guidance through Bluetooth to GMC Acadia. Also find that it freaks out and places me on other roads while in parking lots, therefore it can't tell me where to go from where I am at.

This isn't an issue with Waze but your car. Not all the radios on the Acadia support that functionality. I have the same issue with Waze not being able to broadcast audio over bluetooth in my GMC Canyon, but on my motorcycle it can and it works great.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby fofroredodrorikok » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:06 am

Waze only starts first time after installation on Nokia Lumia 625. After closing it(going back to homescreen) next time you try to start the app begins startup sequence but crashes before you can see the navigation view. Restart of phone dosen't help. Closing app with "back arrow" gives same resultat. Uninstalling and reinstalling Waze helps first time the app starts but then it's the same again.
fofroredodrorikok

Stability

Postby GTI18T » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:08 pm

Hi guys,

The app crashes on me quite frequently on my Lumia 810. For me the problem occurs most frequently when I start from HERE Maps and then choose to Drive and pick "Waze" from the list. Yesterday it happened every single time. Waze would load and quit just before it displayed a route and a prompt to Start navigation. The only workaround was to quit Waze properly, then pick my destination within the Waze Navigation menu instead.

Restarting the phone didn't help me either.

Thanks
GTI18T

Postby GTI18T » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:12 pm

Froggypwns wrote:
MisterMerlin wrote:Lumia Icon (AKA 929) on VZW - Biggest annoyance is no option to play voice guidance through Bluetooth to GMC Acadia. Also find that it freaks out and places me on other roads while in parking lots, therefore it can't tell me where to go from where I am at.

This isn't an issue with Waze but your car. Not all the radios on the Acadia support that functionality. I have the same issue with Waze not being able to broadcast audio over bluetooth in my GMC Canyon, but on my motorcycle it can and it works great.

I disagree. Every other app can play on my Parrot Bluetooth receiver, but Waze doesn't.
GTI18T

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App