Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by jaliatis
thanks for the advise.

jab
jaliatis
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
To delete a single segment, you should be able to click on it and hit your delete key, or click the garbage can icon. To delete multiple segments, the delete key won't work at all...you have to click the garbage can.

You have to have permissions on the segment you're trying to delete and also the adjacent connected segments. If it's a permissions issue, please post an unlock request.

The stairway is an undrivable segment, but if it's connected to a real road, it can be routed. Common practice is to disconnect that sort of thing from the real roads, but the correct thing to do is get rid of it completely, as it serves no purpose being on the map.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
The problem is that the search function really sucks and often, it's hard to find a link to some pages from pages that the new users are likely to be reading.

After they're done reworking all the pages, someone needs to work on a good table of contents that is well organized. And maybe a few "related topics" links for the bottom of each wiki page.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
Good work. I've done lots of technical editing and instruction manual writing in my job, so I applied my experience to try to simplify and clarify your words. I hope you approve.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by josefaria89
Olá colegas, não estou conseguindo editar as áreas onde eu dirijo, sendo que uso todo dia praticamente a mesma área e diz que não posso editar. sendo que sou editor nível 2.
josefaria89
Send a message

Post by jwkilgore
Is there a designated location to discuss proposed changes to the Editing Manual? In most Wikis it's on the "Discussion" page, but that appears empty. I don't want to just start changing things on my own, plus I don't meet the "100 forum posts" minimum for wiki editing.
jwkilgore
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/7/76/W ... 00k_4c.png
Jason Kilgore
iPhone 5c
Area Manager: Mississippi and Tennessee

Post by kentsmith9
timl2k12 wrote:Best Map Editing practices is buried in the middle of the wiki. I made it more prominent by turning the paragraph that links to it into a subsection. I did this because it took me much longer than it should have to find a link to best practices for parking lots. I think this will help a LOT. Having a link to it on the sidebar would be even better.
I took a look at the changes and they should help. Thanks for jumping in.

Also note we have a forum where you can also make requests and note changes to the Wiki so more people can see where the Wiki is getting improved. http://www.waze.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=276
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kingsixdxb
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Editors,

I'm happy to present the beginning framework of the new map editor (WME) manual in the wiki. I have written several new pages, building on the layout of some of the existing Cartouche pages, but rewriting from scratch and including all new screenshots.

The head/top page at the moment is http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Waze_Map_Editor and there are already several branches from there, such as in the Editing Manual section. There are also several links to pages which have not been re-written or discarded as a link due to no longer be relevant, so there is much work still to do.

Any feedback, go ahead and leave it. But this is a wiki, so it belongs to the community. I'm just kickstarting it.

-Alan
kingsixdxb
Send a message

Post by kodi75
I noticed UR Comments and wondered how to view / add to them. Or is that feature only available to Level 5/ 6 Editors?

I tried to search the Wiki & Forums, but "comment" is a very common word, especially en francais.
UR Comment.png
UR Comment
(205.4 KiB) Downloaded 12061 times
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by Laakkus
Added double click (to shortcuts, even if its not technically speaking a keyb-shortcut). Kill me if it's not goodlooking enough an edit ;)
Laakkus
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/7/76/W ... 00k_4c.png
Area manager: Some cities
Country manager: Finland
Suomenkielinen Wiki | Asemien tarkistus | Editointiohje
i9300 | Resurrection Remix | Waze 3.9