Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by bgodette
SuperDave1426 wrote:I value my privacy (what little of it there is, these days), but half a residential block isn't something that would make me too terribly nervous for someone to figure out (I realize that others might not feel that way).
So no concerns about someone sitting around to see who gets into a car with a phone mount?
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
SuperDave1426 wrote:
bgodette wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:I value my privacy (what little of it there is, these days), but half a residential block isn't something that would make me too terribly nervous for someone to figure out (I realize that others might not feel that way).
So no concerns about someone sitting around to see who gets into a car with a phone mount?
Heck, someone can do that now, completely unrelated to Waze. ;)
Well yeah, but that's looking for just anyone, not a specific someone.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
bgarch wrote:"#74 The drivable roundabout node A has more than one segment connected"

Hi berestovskyy, please take a look of this situation concerning "Rule #74: The drivable roundabout node A has more than one segment connected". The script reports roundabout nodes with multiple connections, but I don't think there is another way to do this. Or there it is? Thanks.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=27.249 ... =252358268
Hamburger roundabouts are a special case. I believe there's a good discussion about them in the UK forums. IIRC one solution is to have the "meat" connect to the segments outside of the RB if turns from inside onto the RB aren't allowed.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by BigBoat9
autenil wrote:I just got a notification about Validator being expired. I checked the Chrome store and there's no new version...
Same here.
BigBoat9
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Bill473
This does seem an excellent time to thank the author for this wonderful script.
I started with Waze In January and did a few hundred edits...laboriously hunting around my area for errors.

And then I discovered this script. It's an evening like this that makes you realize how important it is.
Bill473
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Bill473
If the reason for the expiration is to motivate berestovskyy to work on the script, couldn't that also be accomplished with a pop-up when running the script after the hard-wired date...
Something like "Send a PM to berestovskyy and remind him the WME Validator script is 2 months old".

That way this very valuable script would continue to work and the author would get the reminder he wants.
Bill473
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Bill473
First, let me say this is an incredibly useful tool.

Second...

Is there a reason there isn't a check for "one-way street with dead-end"? I can't think how this ever wouldn't indicate a problem of some sort. A friend believes this check used to be be present but doesn't know why it would have been removed.
Bill473
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Bill473
I love Validator and can't imagine editing without it.

There is an issue with the % calculations (which must have been pointed out before, but I didn't want to re-read the 177 pages of this thread...)
Total number of segments checked: 1912
Reported warnings — 64 (33‰)
That's really 3.3%

(Edited to add: As Glodenox kindly points out below, I didn't notice the difference between % and ‰. Sorry.)
Bill473
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Last edited by Bill473 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Bill473
Not just in theory, but in reality it's not an error. Obviously I didn't notice that unusual symbol.

(Thanks for pointing that out.)
Bill473
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Bill473
Continuing thanks for this wonderful script. :D

With the addition of speed limits, checks #36 and 37 (Unneeded (slow)) flag nodes that cannot be removed because of different speed limits. It would be wonderful if you can add a check that speed limits are the same before flagging a node as "unneeded".

I'm finding custom checks so useful that I'm already using all 128-139. Can more be added for custom use?
Bill473
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message